It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you be anti war but still support the troops?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
I think all politicians should be required to serve 1 year on the front line of a war. Maybe than, they would think twice before starting wars and sending our young men and women into harms way.

Yes!

I live near what I believe is now the largest military base in the United States. War is fought basically by children.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

No..war is leaving your dad, your mom, your wife and two baby girls to do what needs to be done, whether that is taking the lives of the enemy or losing your own. If you do not agree with it, fine, i respect you for that i really do, it shows you are strong enough to voice your opinion. For people to be nasty to us though? No, whether we wanted to or not we fought for what we believed in and nobody has yet to say anything nasty to me except behind there computer. I wanna share something with you, not because you want or don't want to hear it, but because that moment made everything I had ever done worth it. I took my little girls to eat at sagebrush with me about a week and a half ago. I was wearing my vet. Hat. As i was walking in i noticed an older man with crutches along with his wife, walking out. I held the door open for him when I noticed his veitnam vet hat, along with no left leg from the knee down. The older man then noticed mine...he hugged my neck and teared up, thanking me for everything I have done for him. After a brief talk they left and I was left speechless. This probably does not mean a thing to any of you, but the things that man had to have seen....it made what I do worth every little thing.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

Children? Go get your eyes checked....you do not know me, keep your stupid remarks to yourself. A child plays with video games, not spend days on in fighting for what they believe in, whether you like it or not. Hate to ruin your peace high horse but were going to be in iraq for a very long time, were not leaving anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

War is simple, brainwashed people fighting other brainwashed people, while the leaders call in the orders from some cushy safe place, and elite sit back and laugh making even more money. Money is all war is ever about, period. Maybe one day you will realize it. And I don't watch TV, I have better things to do with my valuable time.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

War is simple, brainwashed people fighting other brainwashed people, while the leaders call in the orders from some cushy safe place, and elite sit back and laugh making even more money. Money is all war is ever about, period. Maybe one day you will realize it. And I don't watch TV, I have better things to do with my valuable time.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Like sit behind a computer and talk about a war you have never seen outside of the news. War is people losing there lives for what they believe in, no hippy is going to take that from the fallen. If you don't like us, go to france, were not coming home anytime soon

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

No thanks, I don't take orders, I will be where I choose to be. I am a born american, and if I choose to live in the US, I will do so, I am also a Canadian citizen. I will go where the work takes me, where I can earn a living.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It's like being anti-Hollywood but supporting the actors.

Doesn't work too well.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Carseller4 because: 5 second exemption

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

No thanks, I don't take orders, I will be where I choose to be. I am a born american, and if I choose to live in the US, I will do so, I am also a Canadian citizen. I will go where the work takes me, where I can earn a living.

I knew you hid in Canada !!! Just had a gut feeling...Please....don't come anywhere near Quebec.......

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
It's like being anti-Hollywood but supporting the actors.

Doesn't work too well.
edit on 3-12-2010 by Carseller4 because: 5 second exemption

What ???? That's non sense.....

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

I go to quebec at least once a year, sorry lol. And who said anything about "hiding"? I am living, not hiding....

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

I go to quebec at least once a year, sorry lol. And who said anything about "hiding"? I am living, not hiding....

Dang it...Maudit caline de tabarouette !!! LOL.

Look, we may not agree and stand at complete opposites on this and probably other subject but I do enjoy arguing with you!!! LOL

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
I think all politicians should be required to serve 1 year on the front line of a war. Maybe than, they would think twice before starting wars and sending our young men and women into harms way.

Some speculate that is apart of why JFK was killed for. As a WWII Vet he swore that what he witnessed that the nation itself would never see war under his watch.

Or, I'll match that that with the following :
No more war period. When are we going to swear off war once and for all as all it does is cause chaos galore and make life a living nightmare for all involved?

The trillions that are spent on it every year can be better invested taking care of people's needs like education, police, fire, ems and all other civil service workers.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I enjoy reading opposing points of view, as long as it is well thought out and explained well

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I will always support people who are willing to put their lives on the line to defend my country.

But sadly, I can't remember a time when any western army was defending their country. All they ever seem to do is invade other countries, and it is spun to look like defense such as a "pre-emptive strike".

Imagine if school children adopted this technique.

Teacher: "Jimmy, why did you beat up John at lunchtime and put him in hospital?"

Jimmy: "It was a pre-emptive strike Miss. I was defending myself. Everyone knows he was going to beat me up after school, so I got him when his back was turned."

Teacher: "OK, that's fair enough."

At the end of the day, it's not the soldier's fault they end up getting shipped overseas to fight for the interests of a third party.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join