It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you be anti war but still support the troops?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Respect is earned by the individual and is granted by the individual. You cannot tell people they MUST "respect" some group, unless there is the threat of violent retaliation for a lack of respect. Then it is not respect at all, but subjugation out of fear.
If soldiers knock down the front door of the home of innocent people, and the homeowner takes some of them out defending his home before being murdered, who am I going to respect?
You guys can pretend you are fighting for freedom, but it looks a lot more like "control" to me. And what I am seeing at home looks more and more like loss of freedom.
So, what are you fighting for again?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I understand what you jsut said but I have a question. do you do what your told to get a check? and if you faced Prison time\unhonorable discharge that caused you to never be able to find a good job after the military would you do what your told. There was a saying in the sandbox, I spent a year trying to get in now im spending X years trying to get out. Not a single one of those guys given the option would be there

Come on no longer support the troops because they do what they are told, hell that is more of a reason to support them.

I will see, NOTHING. you are from another state, possibly the state of dillusion, I know its FUBAR, but its not pfc shmuckatelly's fault that kid is doing what he beleives is right so that you can say and act how you want to. But Pfc. Shmuckatelly didnt tell the whole us to go over to the sandbox.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

for you to have the right to sit here and say that we opened the door.

CX

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Our forces don't just fight wars you know.

Their whole mission is not to kill people.

Usualy i would happily provide proof for a thread, but if people are too ignorant to think that all our forces do is what you see in Afghanistan, then i think they would be too ignorant to accept evidence of the many other tasks our good men and women do for your country.

Go talk to a soldier.....you might be pleasantly suprised.

I can understand how it is kind of a conflict, i'm the same, i support the troops but do not agree with the reasons our governments go to war sometimes.

I won't argue with people who feel that soldiers could just put down their weapons, i see their point, but if you think that there wouldn't be any wars if our soldiers "just said no", you'd be sorely mistaken.

CX.
edit on 30/11/10 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

btw, I hate your avatar.

Look, no one except ME has ever fought for my right to be where I am. You are not fighting for ME, okay?
We are not talking about self-defense. If you want to go save the Muslim maiden, if that is what you think you are fighting for, so be it. If you thought Saddam was the anti-christ, or a mad man and he just HAD to be taken out, you were empowered by the military to fulfill your desire. In fact, you have the blessing of many people...be thankful.
Just don't ask for mine and we're cool.
Oh, and don't point your rifle my way either.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

I have no intention of pointing a rifle your way unless you are planning on taking from me which I'm sure your not however idid fight for you. Even when you chose to turn your back I fought so that people don't come over here and attack our home land. I fought so that your constitution the one that gives you the right to say I'm wrong and your freedom of speech stays intact. I fought so no one could take that away from anyone in the USA. And even though we disagree I would defend you, a stranger who I do not know ... So that you don't have to respect me, and so is the same with almost all the troops. you can dislike it but it is a necessary evil that provides the blanket that you sleep under. So be it

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

I'm sorry he feels necessary to wipe with your opinion
. That is his constitutional right

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

You honestly think i went over to iraq twice because i was uneducated and needed a job? Lol...I have a bachelors in criminal justice as I could find a job just fine. I went over seas because I wanted to. I never fired a single shot until a close friend of mine was taken from me outside of fallujah. After the sniper shot him, he stood up and bowed like he had done something for god, my 50 took his stomach up and made it disapear. The bullet he had reloaded in his chamber is on a necklace around my neck right now. I have eleven more as well. Just thought you would like to know how barbaric we are...in your opinion. Again, if your not gonna stand behind us, might not wanna stand in front.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills
reply to post by Stewie

You honestly think i went over to iraq twice because i was uneducated and needed a job? Lol...I have a bachelors in criminal justice as I could find a job just fine. I went over seas because I wanted to. I never fired a single shot until a close friend of mine was taken from me outside of fallujah. After the sniper shot him, he stood up and bowed like he had done something for god, my 50 took his stomach up and made it disapear. The bullet he had reloaded in his chamber is on a necklace around my neck right now. I have eleven more as well. Just thought you would like to know how barbaric we are...in your opinion. Again, if your not gonna stand behind us, might not wanna stand in front.

Israel thanks you, thanks for helping the PNAC and A Clean Break papers come to their fruition. You are a rightous gentile indeed!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

So....
if an Iraqi/Afghani came into Texas with an occupation force to spread Islam, and I shoot one from a rooftop and ask God for forgiveness, what does that make ME?
For the record, and they may not have taught you this in boot camp, If I stand in front of you and tell you that what you are doing is wrong, and you shoot me, you are a cold-blooded murderer. True, that is not far from what they want.

edit on 30-11-2010 by Stewie because: spell-check

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Im glad you were able to interpret that the iraqi was asking for forgiveness since you were at home prob on ats crying about an unjust war in your little brain. And it is attempted murder unless he dies...If you went to boot camp you might have learned that.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well Marine I will say Oooh Rahh to you sir thank you for your service and im very sorry about your bud. His life wasnt in vain because some of us here have the wits to know what he gave up for our freedom! Semper Fi Marine.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rushunt
Well Marine I will say Oooh Rahh to you sir thank you for your service and im very sorry about your bud. His life wasnt in vain because some of us here have the wits to know what he gave up for our freedom! Semper Fi Marine.

How is being in Iraq helping american's freedom? are you people really this brainwashed? lol

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

So much for "one shot one kill"...

God will be your judge. When you die, don't be afraid to go to the "light" and find out if you were right in taking these lives, mate. Best of luck.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Yes, they are I am afraid.
But, that is what the military wants, kids that are easily led. Mold them into fine killers.
Invariably, these kids think that if you don't agree with their "mission", that you are weak or unpatriotic. Yet, they cannot really justify what they are killing people for. The fact is, they don't want to HAVE to, it might make them feel just a tinge of guilt.
Self-defense is the only honorable military action, and unfortunately, the honor is on the other side. That is the simple truth.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
OMFG..

I never voiced my political views here just that the Marine that died, Sniper, and myself didnt create this damn war, we did what we were ask by our country, how can you not support them....If you wanna be p.o.'d do it at the president. Sniper didnt want to go to war he did it to protect us. period. Your comparing oranges and bannanna's when something goes wrong at Wal-Mart do you get mad at the individual or the whole Wal-Mart. joe blow didnt do anything to you, he did what he was told.

You know what ... here it is on the real. All those inocent people that died, well lets just say heres why, "its ok we have no weapons no weapons, we love americans", and you walk two steps and the S.O.B.'s are trying to kill you. they strap bombs on women and kids and try to kill you, they shoot at you and run buut we have to obey the geneva conv. the law of the war but they dont.

should we have been there? YOU AND I DONT KNOW THE WHOLE STORY, you are jumping like you have it all figured out just like the rest of the crazies here that say B.O. is the anticrist...YOU DONT KNOW..... Nor do I
but my opinion is this. We shouldnt have its their problem, give them alot of guns and let them kill themselfs, but our President who you voted for, (or didnt vote and its still your fault) told someone who pledged alligance to the US. to do something, It was our job like it or not. If not then to me your saying that you dont like the American way, but your here, thriving off of it none the less, taking advantage of your right to talk bad about this and that, YOU LIVE UNDER THE BLANKET THAT THESE PEOPLE DIED FOR you aught to have respect.

I said it once and Ill say it again, If you dont like the way it is "GET OUT" go somewhere that you agree with wont bother me at all, I wont miss you

And What if someone came and invaded here youd be crying like a BI@#$ asking arent you gonna do something.....

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Your imposible. What if the fighting was here youd be crying like a girl too/// HELP ME HELP ME

And your from texas, wow Im almost ashamed to be from there too.....

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rushunt

Maybe you shouldn't have joined the military?
All of these misconceptions you have, where did they come from? Like, the statement that somehow you are defending me? From what? You cannot say because it would sound so ridiculous once it is put into actual words.
Just doing your job is no defense, never has been and never will be in a court of JUST LAW, otherwise known as truth and justice. That is universal, not a purely American convention.
It doesn't matter that most people in America or wherever believe it is okay to go into a foreign land and kill "ragheads" or whatever you choose to call them, what matters is what is in your heart. If you can only say, it is my job, then your heart is cold.
Self-defense is honorable. Rushunt, I can tell you, I am not only honorable, but very capable of helping YOU defend America from invasion. Don't pretend that is what YOU are doing.
Thanks.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
even Santa shows respect

Twas the night before Christmas, he lived all alone,
In a one bedroom house made of plaster & stone.

I had come down the chimney, with presents to give
and to see just who in this home did live

As I looked all about, a strange sight I did see,
no tinsel, no presents, not even a tree.
No stocking by the fire, just boots filled with sand.
On the wall hung pictures of a far distant land.

With medals and badges, awards of all kind,
a sobering thought soon came to my mind.
For this house was different, unlike any I'd seen.
This was the home of a U.S. Marine.

I'd heard stories about them, I had to see more,
so I walked down the hall and pushed open the door.
And there he lay sleeping, silent, alone,
Curled up on the floor in his one-bedroom home.

He seemed so gentle, his face so serene,
Not how I pictured a U.S. Marine.
Was this the hero, of whom I’d just read?
Curled up in his poncho, a floor for his bed?

His head was clean-shaven, his weathered face tan.
I soon understood, this was more than a man.
For I realized the families that I saw that night,
owed their lives to these men, who were willing to fight.

Soon around the Nation, the children would play,
And grown-ups would celebrate on a bright Christmas day.
They all enjoyed freedom, each month and all year,
because of Marines like this one lying here.

I couldn’t help wonder how many lay alone,
on a cold Christmas Eve, in a land far from home.
Just the very thought brought a tear to my eye.
I dropped to my knees and I started to cry.

He must have awoken, for I heard a rough voice,
"Santa, don't cry, this life is my choice
I fight for freedom, I don't ask for more.
My life is my God, my country, my Corps."

With that he rolled over, drifted off into sleep,
I couldn't control it, I continued to weep.

I watched him for hours, so silent and still.
I noticed he shivered from the cold night's chill.
So I took off my jacket, the one made of red,
and covered this Marine from his toes to his head.

Then I put on his T-shirt of scarlet and gold,
with an eagle, globe and anchor emblazoned so bold.
And although it barely fit me, I began to swell with pride,
and for one shining moment, I was Marine Corps deep inside.

I didn't want to leave him so quiet in the night,
this guardian of honor so willing to fight.
But half asleep he rolled over, and in a voice clean and pure,
said "Carry on, Santa, it's Christmas Day, all secure."

One look at my watch and I knew he was right,
Merry Christmas my friend, Semper Fi and goodnight

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Question: "What does the Bible say about a Christian serving in the military?"

Answer: The Bible contains plenty of information about serving in the military. While many of the Bible’s references to the military are only analogies, several verses directly relate to this question. The Bible does not specifically state whether or not someone should serve in the military. At the same time, Christians can rest assured that being a soldier is highly respected throughout the Scriptures and know that such service is consistent with a biblical worldview.

The first example of military service is found in the Old Testament (Genesis 14), when Abraham's nephew Lot was kidnapped by Chedorlaomer, king of Elam, and his allies. Abraham rallied to Lot's aid by gathering 318 trained men of his household and defeating the Elamites. Here we see armed forces engaged in a noble task—rescuing and protecting the innocent.

Late in its history, the nation of Israel developed a standing army. The sense that God was the Divine Warrior and would protect His people regardless of their military strength may have been a reason why Israel was slow to develop an army. The development of a regular standing army in Israel came only after a strong, centralized political system had been developed by Saul, David, and Solomon. Saul was the first to form a permanent army (1 Samuel 13:2; 24:2; 26:2).

What Saul began, David continued. He increased the army, brought in hired troops from other regions who were loyal to him alone (2 Samuel 15:19-22) and turned over the direct leadership of his armies to a commander-in-chief, Joab. Under David, Israel also became more aggressive in its offensive military policies, absorbing neighboring states like Ammon (2 Samuel 11:1; 1 Chronicles 20:1-3). David established a system of rotating troops with twelve groups of 24,000 men serving one month of the year (1 Chronicles 27). Although Solomon's reign was peaceful, he further expanded the army, adding chariots and horsemen (1 Kings 10:26). The standing army continued (though divided along with the kingdom after the death of Solomon) until 586 B.C., when Israel (Judah) ceased to exist as a political entity.

In the New Testament, Jesus marveled when a Roman centurion (an officer in charge of one hundred soldiers) approached Him. The centurion’s response to Jesus indicated his clear understanding of authority, as well as his faith in Jesus (Matthew 8:5-13). Jesus did not denounce his career. Many centurions mentioned in the New Testament are praised as Christians, God-fearers, and men of good character (Matthew 8:5; 27:54; Mark 15:39-45; Luke 7:2; 23:47; Acts 10:1; 21:32; 28:16).

The places and the titles may have changed, but our armed forces should be just as valued as the centurions of the Bible. The position of soldier was highly respected. For example, Paul describes Epaphroditus, a fellow Christian, as a “fellow soldier” (Philippians 2:25). The Bible also uses military terms to describe being strong in the Lord by putting on the whole armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-20), including the tools of the soldier—helmet, shield, and sword.

Yes, the Bible does address serving in the military, directly and indirectly. The Christian men and women who serve their country with character, dignity, and honor can rest assured that the civic duty they perform is condoned and respected by our sovereign God. Those who honorably serve in the military deserve our respect and gratitude

Ill go to any light and take my chances
from gotquestions.org.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join