It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHINA's CNSA Releases First Images from Chang'e 2 (Moon) Probe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9b094816eaa.jpg[/atsimg]
Screen shows the virtual animation of the first braking of Chang'e II lunar probe in Beijing Aerospace Control Center

Though launched just a month ago, the Chinese Chang'e 2 space probe has already began sending back images of the Moon, experts at the China National Space Administration (CNSA) announce.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2a0233c5b99.jpg[/atsimg]
A new view on the Bay of Rainbows, showing little surface deformations: Image credits: CNSA

The space probe took its first pictures at the end of last month, after being launched on October 1 from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center, aboard a Long March 3C delivery system.
The goal of the new spacecraft is to spend more than 6 months conducting operations in lunar orbit, while at the same time scouting out the most appropriate location for a future robotic lander, that the nation plans to deploy in 2013. Similar to how the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) was used to detect spots for future manned missions to the Moon, the Chinese spacecraft needs to create maps of the lunar soil, and determine which area would be best for a landing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/883611ed013f.jpg[/atsimg]
A part of the moon's Sinus Iridum, sent back by Chang'e-2
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/727b3aaff365.jpg[/atsimg]
Shows the three-dimensional map of a part of the moon's Sinus Iridum

Source: news.softpedia.com...
CNSA site link: news.softpedia.com...

Well, way to go China. I guess. They got the pics to prove it. The problem I see is that they either had camera difficulties or they purposely only showed photos from one specific area.

One has to ask why only show photos of one area? Hell, if you make it up there and do what you wanted to do.... Let see it and lets us praise you..

OR>> did they find stuff, like alien moonbases and/or evidence. Did they decide to play along and keep hushed up.

i looked all around and couldn't find anything else released by the Chinese. If anyone can add anymore photos from this mission, please do.

edit on 11/10/2010 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/10/2010 by anon72 because: Edit to add Moon in Title (for clarification purposes)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Wow, that's really nice quality! Can't wait to see what else they capture.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

I think that will be the problem. We'll never get to see what they took in photos. Another thing? Why no video?

You would think with today's tech, one would have at least 1 video camera hooked up (if not a 100, facing every possible area!).

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I just want them to take pictures of the apollo lunar lander (or the vacant area its supposed to be in!), so we can put that issue to rest once and for all

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
As usual, Anon
Always good news from you! S&F!

The "White" NASA is on the edge of the collapse!
There are Other competitors on the horizon....

Maybe this time we will see The Real Moon and......

China, India and Japan are our best hope.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

LOL How about it!!! Whoever does that first will be a hero-regardless of what the picture/video would show.

I want something to fly past that one area I saw in some video. It was one of the first obital recons of the Moon (I think) and as it came towards something that appeared to resemble a tall smoke stack-a puff or two or what appears to be smoke trails or missle fumes.

Hoover around, or rather focus around there, and let us know what happens.

Which brings up something:

When was the last time something stuck the moon-that would create a crater (and not man-made)?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

...Which brings up something:

When was the last time something stuck the moon-that would create a crater (and not man-made)?

In 1999, there was a possible impact flash on the Moon associated with the Leonids meteor shower here on Earth, although no visible crater is known to be associated with the flashes:
Leonids on the Moon

Some say that a flash on the Moon in 1953 coincides with the location of a "fresh-looking" crater that can be now seen by today's powerful telescopes.
Moon's 'youngest' crater discovered

Then there is the Giordano Bruno Crater. In Canterbury, England in 1178, a monk saw flash that he thought was on the Moon and whose location coincides with the Giordano Bruno Crater . However, this has not been confirmed, and the flash may have actually been caused by a meteor shower in the Earth's atmosphere that was mistaken for a flash on the Moon (the flash may have occurred in Earth's atmosphere "in front of" the moon as viewed from Earth by the monk).
The Mysterious Case of Crater Giordano Bruno

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I always look forward to your postings. I don't see them that much but when I do, they are as good, if not better, than this one.

Thank you for the info. I heard about the 1100 one but not the more recent ones.

Star. Would be a flag but I can't. but well deserved.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Amazing.
Looks like God or someone used a plunger on a smooth surface for those craters.
Unless some one is seen walking around those craters from satellites we should be cautious.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I by no means pretend to be anything other than an interested person. But, to me, the crater looks more like it was created from collapsing more than something hitting it.

There doesn't seem to be much collateral damage from falling or displaced ground material.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

OR>> did they find stuff, like alien moonbases and/or evidence. Did they decide to play along and keep hushed up.

]

That is most likely what will happen,

I will be simply amazed if they do infact show any "structures" etc that I strongly suspect are really there.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Can you imagine what answer NASA would give if China posted their images untouched showing anomalies previously photoshopped out by NASA. We know NASA lies. They even lied to the Apollo 11 astronauts about being safe in the capsule. I would love to be a Fly on the wall if that happened.

One question that always perplexed me. Why do they need to edit the photos. Surely, if there is nothing up there you can just let the public see them in a raw state. We know why photographers do it. To make the photo more pleasing on the eye. What is there to touch up on a photo of the moon. I just don't get it.

peace

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I think the pressure from China may cause Nasa to disclose whatever they have been photoshopping out. So this may be a form of social warfare to degrade 1 countries credibility to its people. Making the country that seemed to keep it real with the masses look like a real hero. NASA you gettin this, come on share em

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72 Well, way to go China. I guess. They got the pics to prove it. The problem I see is that they either had camera difficulties or they purposely only showed photos from one specific area.

One has to ask why only show photos of one area? Hell, if you make it up there and do what you wanted to do.... Let see it and lets us praise you..

Or have they only just finished calibrating their instruments, and have only recently started the months-long process of mapping an area with the same surface area of Africa?

looked all around and couldn't find anything else released by the Chinese. If anyone can add anymore photos from this mission, please do.

I find it amusing that people on ATS (I'm not refering to you, anon72 - you ask good questions!) look to the tight-fisted, paranoid, totalitarian police state for disclosure, but suspect NASA - the organisation that publishes hundreds of thousands of high-resolution images online, for free, as soon as practical - of hiding something,

Another thing? Why no video?

You would think with today's tech, one would have at least 1 video camera hooked up (if not a 100, facing every possible area!).

Well, for starters, are we really talking about "today's tech"? Although China "borrows" a lot, their indigenous tech is not really "state of the art". On the Japanese Kaguya mission, the HD video was far and away my favorite imagery. However, from a scientific perspective it was little more than eye-candy. The real gruntwork was done by the hi-res camera, multi-spectral imager, laser altimeter and other instruments.

reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I by no means pretend to be anything other than an interested person. But, to me, the crater looks more like it was created from collapsing more than something hitting it.

There doesn't seem to be much collateral damage from falling or displaced ground material.

Good observation. To one degree or another ALL craters show signs of collapse inside the crater rim. It's part of the formation process. Outside the rim, you are correct to expect ejecta. It's there, but not where you might think. Remember that there's no atmosphere on the Moon to slow-down the the ejecta or make it billow.

Also, in 1/6th gravity, the ejecta will go a long way. The faster the impact, the farther it will go. Craters like Copernicus and Tycho are the most famous examples. The farside crater Giordano Bruno (mentioned previously in this thread as a possible witnessed impact even) is an extreme example: The crater is only 22 miles across, but the ejecta rays stretch for hundreds of km in every direction.

Two more things to consider: Ejecta rays don't last forever. The steady rain of micrometeors can erase them over hundreds of millions of years. Also, the lighting angle when the picture is taken, and the characteristics of the camera can affect whether or not ejecta rays are visible.

Star for the OP, and Flag for the thread. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

Thank you for that awesome response/reply.

You answered my question(s). Great job.

I feel you hit the nail on the head and I can't believe I didn't think about the ejecta being further away. DUH

And, you make a super great point about the China access to stuff as opposed to NASA. Start

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thanks for posting the moon photos.
The Moon will always be fascination.
Wonder what China is doing sticking its nose into the Moon scam.
No ejected and normal collision formations.
On Mars we see fields of rocks determined by Velikovsky to be existing in Saudi Arabia
as seen in "Lawrence of Arabia" from the time of Exodus.
Mars and Earth got the rocks and large meteorite fields caused by comet Venus as
told by Velikovsky.
So why not the Moon.
The Moon was around at the Exodus -1500BC.
The lack of such a field in photos on the Moon as caused me to wonder.
Unless some moon rovers found similar fields but ever since that the
Moon surface seems too clean.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
so now China has released some videos from Chang'e 2:

Above 100km:

Above 15km:

edit on 14-11-2010 by wujxin because: some link fixed

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wujxin

WOW!!! Great clips. It's like Anon72 asked for: Multiple cameras looking in different directions. Go China!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reevster

That is most likely what will happen, I will be simply amazed if they do infact show any "structures" etc that I strongly suspect are really there.

Well first of all it's Communist China...

Since when can we expect the Communists to be more forthcoming with truth than NASA?

Second there is this... (Mike Griffin head of NASA)

So... I guess full disclosure is just around the corner

BTW this is Chang'E-2 What happened to the pictures from Chang'e-1?

edit on 14-11-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Thanks Zorgon

I am sure even Communist China takes marching orders from someone. Their economical surge depends on being able to trade Internationally, with the rest of the world. It is just that they may be using the information as leverage and the common folk will never know the facts.

I know the US has pissed them off quite a bit lately. The main looser in the mortgage lending collapse in the USA was China

top topics

<<   2 >>

join