It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violence Breaks Out On Student Protest March

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
reply to post by kolcath

When football hooligans go on the rampage whats the difference to what happened the other day?

Because they generate immediate / short term cash.
Investing in the education of youngsters generates benefits later, for when they start working.

Since the government doesnt care much about them and only sees them as "costs", there you go.

As a human beeing, you can be a citizen, a ressource, an asset.
But the reality is that our govs are leading our countries like they would manage a pension fund or a hedge fund. They simply do not care about building a better future.

The future in their poor minds only go as far as the next elections.

Now, I'm gonna use my deep, serious, monotone voice and say :
I wish people were less anal about these riots and embrace them like a new fact of life.

You can go fetch you favorite sociologists/psychologists and they'll probably tell you the same thing with cute phrasing.

The real culprits are those that force that kind of legislation knowing very well of the risks. They take the risks, they should be paying.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kolcath

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by jazz10

Originally posted by ScarletNyx
reply to post by jazz10

Rioting, smashing cars, stealing goods and starting fights with the police may make people on the ground feel better, and soothe their hatred towards whatever big shady power that they are rioting against, but in reality the only purpose it serves it to make the ones on the ground look like blood hungry savages, thus damaging their stance on their subject.

There may be a time for violence in some situations, but a protest on a public street near people who have no idea what is going on is certainly not the place.

Exactly the point i was trying to make.
All of this is solely about student fees. The protest has nothing whatsoever to do with anything else.
Some on this thread giving me crap about my views in regard to throwing fire extinguishers off buildings that its bang out of order, yet im getting crap?

Im apparently a hypocrite?
Some people on here giving it all mouth, they talk the talk but they dont walk the walk. Heres a challenge to those who would like to prove me wrong. If a thread was posted here on ATS (which for some ATS is the center of their little universe) to set up a mass global demonstration/protest to get the truth into the open. All topics covered, no stone unturned and make the general public aware of whats really going on in every aspect. Would they even take part?
Naaaaaaah didnt think so.
Because at the end of the day all mouth no action.
Twitter?
Facebook?
All social networking sites? Naaaah to all.

The reason? Because all mouth.
Go on, make your voices heard about everything thats really going on?
Truth is they wont.
They only like to sound good on here but as soon as they log off and turn off they go back to the same old same old.

for your info i was one of those protestors, I AM NOT A STUDENT! but 3 of my kids are. All of this solely about student fees? yes it was, is that not important enough for you? these people were not all students so thats were your stereotypical attitude fails. yes somebody threw a fire extinguisher out of a window, big deal get over it! the police have been far more violent with there batons on many occasions. i can just hear your view on that 1 "well they probably deserved it after all they are only long haired student morons" this disgusting attitude really makes my blood boil. these long haired student morons are worth a million of you sir. yes i am all mouth but i am all action too. this demo was justified and believe me there are many many more planned. so i suggest you put your tin hat on and hide under your bed until people like us take back your country

I wouldn't normally add to these kind of quotes, but yes you are all mouth. And if the extinguisher had hit one of your children would you have held them as a martyr and been happy they were injured or God help us killed then of course you would have no cause to complain about that would you? I hope your children grow wiser than you.

i deal in fact! what ifs are for sniviling cowardly bedwetters that hide behind a computer screen condeming actions of people actually doing something. all mouth indeed! where were you when it all kicked off? nitpicking people efforts of action i expect. get a life and grow a pair!

Oh dear, I kind of feel you (if you really are a parent of three) has a lot of teenage angst caught somewhere. This isn't an issue I would protest about, so I ask again, if the extinguisher had landed on one of YOUR children or a police officer who YOU knew personally, would you still be saying bring it on?

Personally, I think you're a troll and an arse, but that's just me.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Pathetic maybe but here's to hoping your replies are numbered
reply to post by jazz10

well at least you admitted it. and getting a slap on the wrist dont bother me. take my critisim like iv taken yours, shouting for the mods are we.......what a blubberer.

Go in fancy dress will ya as a fire extinguisher?

now that would be a bit silly wouldnt it? a bit like some of your comments

Hey, ask your kids to give you some grammer and spelling lessons, it would make the expense of their education worthwhile.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
That

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

fair enough. your argument concerning the violence is justified. but to rubbish and ridicule the efforts of other indivduals who are activly protesting for a valid reason is a personal insult to which i must respond.
good day.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

well, well, well youve certainly got you panties in a twist havent you?
as i said before i deal in facts not what ifs and fairy tales. your juvenile attempts at insults are truly pathetic, reflecting the truly sad pitiful shadow of a man you clearly are
as for my grammar, this is a website not a classroom you horrible, pathetic,shortsited little man.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

reply to post by something wicked

well, well, well youve certainly got you panties in a twist havent you?
as i said before i deal in facts not what ifs and fairy tales. your juvenile attempts at insults are truly pathetic, reflecting the truly sad pitiful shadow of a man you clearly are
as for my grammar, this is a website not a classroom you horrible, pathetic,shortsited little man.

lol, horrible and pathetic, this is a website, not a playground, lol. Oh by the way, you never answered the question did you? Seems the extinguisher thrower comes from a moneyed family and is studying at an exclusive class in Oxford university..... should I be surprised?

You deal in talking rhetoric, oh, and why do you think I'm male?

CX

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
A student has been arrested and will be questioned for attempted murder after handing himself to the police...

A man arrested in connection with a fire extinguisher thrown from a roof during violent student demonstrations will be questioned by police today.

It comes after Sky News revealed the face of a man being hunted for hurling the canister from the top of Millbank Tower as protesters occupied the Conservative Party's headquarters.

It missed a police officer below by inches.

Detectives say the man arrested is an 18-year-old Southampton student, who was being held on the south coast after handing himself in at Totton Police Station.

Sky sources say he was expected to be transported to London where he will be questioned by officers on suspicion of attempted murder.

Source: Man Held Over Fire Extinguisher 'Murder Bid'

I'm sure he'll plead that attempted murder was not his intention, but throwing a fire extinguisher at a crown from that height would bring nothing less than serious injury or death had it had hit someone.

I guess the party atmosphere and high jinks has eneded for one student that was acting the idiot that day.

Its just a sha me that hardly any attention was given to the peacefull students protesting that day.

CX.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Yeah I had seen this on the news, what a tard. Funny thing is its ironic considering the education levels? Maybe the idiots of that day need toi save their money and go back to basics.
He totally ruined the day to be heard for the students along with the others.
I wonder how many are facing a good old slap on the wrist, also jail?
Should be interesting and educational for them been banged up with real criminals
little wanna be's who play too many video games.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
reply to post by TailoredVagabond

We took our selves back to the 1980s by voting torrie.

Thats kind of true (and I could never bring myself to do that, either), but it isn't an excuse.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join