It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violence Breaks Out On Student Protest March

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
reply to post by CX

You can tell that it's starting to get a bit hairy, well I guess it will have to before they get rid of everyone. Who was it that said "it's a shame that a tiny minority have to be so daft", that tickled me!

Yep, they are saying that the police are completely outnumbered by the ones causing trouble. Whilst i find that a little surpising for the area, i think a lot changed after the G20 protests with Ian Tomlinson and the row about kettling,

Maybe they are just keeping bak unless it goes totaly pear shaped?

The moment one of those buildings gets torched though, i think tactics will change.

Parliment is just along the road too, i wonder if they'll get brave and try and take that on. Good luck with that one.

CX.
edit on 10/11/10 by CX because: My spelling was that of a clumsy child.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SparkyP

Well said, and come to think about it, won't the corrupt insurance company's foot the bill for the damage?
Win/Win !

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I think that this will be a catalyst for racial violence. Certain organisations will use this as key to getting media attention. The police want to get their fingers out or we could possibly end up facing similar situations that were going on elswhere globally earlier this year.

They need to get this sorted and quick because this will end up a total nightmare.

link   

Originally posted by SparkyP
I am more than happy for my taxes to go on repairs as long as "the People" show they are not going to be rolled over by the tories and the liberalwithourpolicies. If this passes then people like me who was lucky enough to go to university and come from a working class back ground, won't be able to afford the chance. So it will be only the rich with the best jobs whether intellectual enough or not. A huge step backwards for the education system. Take the power back..

I'm sure these places have insurance for events like this. I wont be losing any sleep over a few smashed windows in milbank towers.

link   
reply to post by CX

Yep, reports the police have abandoned the cause from being outnumbered, the students have reach the roof of the 20 story building!

CX

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Protesters are now on the roof of Milbank Tower....so we can pretty much say that that buildigs occupied.

MI5 building has been closed to all visitors.

Mets Forward Intelligents Units are getting ready with protective gear in side streets. (Reported from Sky News.)

CX.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

A LOT OF THIS LOOKS STAGED MORE PHOTOGRAPHERS THAN PROTESTORS,POLICE STANDING OFF... IF THEY DONT MAKE A DECISION SOON SOMEONE IS GONNA GET LYNCHED

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Good for them, education shouldn't be nearly as expensive as it is.

As for the person who said if they don't like then they can relocate, is clearly missing the point.

This the home of those people, and they see that the education is more and more just a filter to keep the low income families down. Why in the hell would they leave?

I agree, tear the place up.

Just like the G20 here in Toronto, windows were broken sure and I would have gladly had my taxes pay for those windows. But our government had the gull to straight up say 'we aint paying jack.'

I love how people come on here and talk about prosecuting those people, I think realistically, those who want to punish these people are afraid of the real state of nature, they will feel weak with out their security guards.

Sometimes, violence is needed, when it seems trying to get a point across to our govts is like talking to a child with his fingers in his ears and obnoxiously shouting "LALALALALALALALA"

France proved that sometimes you gotta take things into your own hands, even if it would result in the blood being stained.

CX

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Riot police are now being moved in to clear the occupied building.

Theres a few hundred students in there, and i just saw some idiot throw a flare in the lobby....very wise when you have hundreds of people who could burn in a building.

CX.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

The question i would like answered is to what lengths are the hooligans willing to go to?
The whole reason for the protest is overshadowed by assholes. They need to get sorted before things are set ablaze, ie buildings.

Personally im embarrassed. Guess we can look forward to olympics or world cups due to the way this ones been handled...........NOT!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yeah it's definitely going to get hairy.

Best placard: CLEGG U MUG

Edit: Also in the running for the Best Placard award is one showing Cameron and Clegg stick-figures having anal sex with the caption “What else have I been lying about?”
edit on 10/11/10 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
I cant for the life of me understand why they would think that they were going to get anywhere going on like YOBS.
Not all of them but the select few.
I have a massive feeling that everything will get well out of hand and fast. Seems like the instigators are trying to rally up backing from the rest.

This is the problem. Any violence is counter-productive to the cause that the instigators purport to believe in.

Take the recent ''protests'' in France, for example. You had thousands of people legitimately protesting against the actions of the government, yet the images that stick in the mind are of yobbos torching innocent people's cars and causing wanton vandalism.

There's no way that ''hearts and minds'' will be won by this uncivilised behaviour, and I seriously doubt the motives of anyone indulging in violent ''protest''.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tribaltrip

These people should be commended not punished for standing up for what they believe and in this case whats right. "Yobbish" and "Loutish" behavior have to be used to get the point across because the game is rigged. How many peaceful protests really make a difference? People talk of revolution but are afraid to break a few windows! I've personally been on a peaceful strike and the only thing that happened was I lost wages lol.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
violence only happens when people are not listened too. People going to uni to learn to better themselves dont have much money whatsoever. Now the government is taking away the dreams of talented poor people even some middle classes and people act surprised at the anger they feel(especially when the government dosent listen)???? Peaceful protests are I am afraid pointless as long as you behave yourselfs the TPTB can continue to do what they like and only when it becomes violent does anyone stands up and listen. I have yet to see a pasifist march accomplish anything. Only civil disobedience can cause change

edit on 10/11/2010 by loner007 because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

Best placard: CLEGG U MUG

Thats funny

Reports now that the crowd are getting angry with the students in the roof, many floors up who are throwing missiles, chunks of concrete to be more exact down from the roof.

What is the point of throwing concrete into groups of your own protesters? One hit and it will kill someone from that height.

CX.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well done to ALL the students. Ignore the tax trolls on here, they're fools.

Show them that we can bring London to a standstill.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
WTF? Is this real or staged?
Why isnt the police doing anything at all?

I would have all of those in the building and on the building arrested banged up and made to foot the bill.
This is an absolute piss take.
Just wait till the police demand pay rises etc, i would tell them to do one. Theyre having a laugh.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I don't understand why the students that are rioting are not wearing balaclavas so they are not identified, and helmets for protection. They should have also widened the scope of the protest to include all groups protesting against the cuts to have a larger protest to produce a bigger impact.

A bit stupid to stop at one building they should have picked a few more targets and went for it.

Peaceful protests get no where, the ballot box has proved to be an illusion and democracy has been shown not to work.

Bring back Wolfie Smith.

edit on 10-11-2010 by keldas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
the worst thing is these students who think they are having a jolly and being on the telly, many will now be facing criminal charges, that will probably have more effect on their lives than a degree.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Show them that we can bring London to a standstill.

I very much doubt that that is going to happen.

The problem with protests in the modern-day, is that they are useless. They are just a method of letting of steam, and making the protester feel like they are ''doing something''.

People depend on the State too much to cause any serious problems. They are not going to bite the hand that feeds them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join