It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waterboarding: call to indict Bush following his memoirs confession

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

In the meantime, Amnesty International has called for the prosecution of the former president who confessed in his book having given the order to waterboard detainees in order to extract confessions. Amnesty International (AI) representative Rob Freer declared that the Obama administration is obligated to take criminal action againt Bush, according to Orf.at, one of the 63 articles published in German on the subject as of this writing. In a press release, AI is also asking the United States to set in motion an independent inquiry to shed light on human rights violations committed in the name of the 'war against terrorism' which took place under the Bush presidency (2001-1009).

Source

I remember the time, when the "21st century" was the future and I often wondered, how the world would be then. Now a former US president tells us, that he ordered torture methods from the Middle Ages and how effective this was.

"Der Spiegel" has a different approach. In the article "How George W. taught us to love America" Stefan Kuzmany writes about the schizophrenic state of Europe, admiring the US for their commitment of freedom, for their technology and good movies, but condemning them for their aggressive wars and fast food. Kuzmany thinks, that Bush made it easier for us to love America again, because all the bad things now were his fault and many Americans had the same views as the Europeans.
With tongue in cheek - I guess - he also compares Bush to a modern Christ, who took the burden of all sins on his shoulders.

Google translated version

The problem I see in this case is, that the methods of inquisition could get socially (politically) acceptable again. Even the US army banned that method in 2006, because it was barbarous.
And of course, torture is effective. So effective, that even innocent people confess crimes.

But it will be very interesting to see, if this just oozes away or if it really leads to something.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
im not sure why he wouldn't be convicted, along with others involved. if they could hunt and try every Nazi they came across I don't see why they can't try Bush, especially when they have printed autobiographical and video evidence of his confession to violating human rights. do former presidents hold immunity as well? but that's only for domestic concerns, unless the current president pardons him, which would be hypocritical, yet unsurprising.
edit on 10-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

The only problem is that every american president has done the same, but you never heard of it.

His stuff to a certain extent was made public. Pure evil, but are there any american presidents that have not done similar, power corrupts and it really does absolutely.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Come on, we all know how dumb George is. And its probably not the worse thing he's done....

And I bet everyone forgets that the US hanged 2 Japanese soldiers for using this method of torture in WWII. Maybe we should do that to him?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

so then let's start charging every living president! what is holding the world back? i don't understand how people can not be brought to justice when incriminating evidence of involvement is not only clear, but confessed. do we have to wait for a nation to collapse before justice is done, such as with Germany? and what about all those warlords in Africa? why doesn't the CIA grab those bastards instead of selling them weapons to make other people bastards? this world seriously sucks so much! everything is a lie man, really...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
If the court system can't get Obama or any of his admins to report and testify in court over selling his Senate seat what in the world makes you think they'll get Bush or anyone else on the stand?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

that's a domestic issue of corruption, plus they already had a scapegoat for that called Blagojevich. War crimes are an international issue, and this one has yet to be settled.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

You took me wrong there, what i mean is that if they bring him in they know that american presidents will not be in future be able to do this and they all do it.

The people who buy his book and praise him saying this is as big a problem. He came out saying he commited crimes against humans and people will love him for it, and they are supposed to be christian, thats the joke.

But i agree with you, but in this world they all stink and i think every american president has in effect did this. But this guy goes and shouts from the roof tops and gets applauded, its amazing. He just does not care one bit about another human, and it surely shows what sort of white house he was in, and what the white house office is like.

It shows the real feeling of the people who get there, that he can shout from the roof tops that he did this, and think he will get applauded for it, and he will.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
something needs to start being done about this world. is it possible to petition for action? you know, get the people's vote on it? i don't think the majority of Americans can be ignored that easily if they all speak up at once. if it is possible, then i will begin writing the petition. and yes, there will be better grammar. has anyone ever written to any form of government, requesting anything in particular, whether it be legislative or judicial, or simply just expressing opinion? seriously, two issues I have determined myself on addressing the public when i get back to the states are the FED and the income tax, and now ill take on corruption in the Government. im just not so sure what the hell can be done other than to write letters, file lawsuits, and protest, the most important one of these being way over what i can afford, that is filing a case and getting a lawyer. so if you have information that pertains to the legality of the the FED in the US, the income tax, and Bush's presidency (specifically crimes committed during his presidency), or anything at all along those lines, but which is beyond the usual fil documentary rhetoric, it would be highly appreciated.
oh political science, oh legal studies, oh international law, how long will i be in college studying these hypocritical and perilous subjects before I can confidently fight for justice from an iron platform? there's no time to waste anymore!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

The only problem is that every american president has done the same, but you never heard of it.

His stuff to a certain extent was made public. Pure evil, but are there any american presidents that have not done similar, power corrupts and it really does absolutely.

God that reminds me what I heard people say about Nixon during watergate...

Might I remind you that people don't get prosecuted for commiting crimes, they get prosecuted for getting caught.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Get real your living in a dream world nothing will happen to bush sorry to break your fancy here but I'm going to go post in a much more interesting thread since this one can not deny ignorance.

new topics

top topics

join