It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Says Won't Discuss Nuclear Issue With Big Six

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Iran says won't discuss nuclear issue with big six

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Wednesday the Islamic state would not discuss its disputed nuclear program in proposed talks with major powers, state television reported.

His comments will likely further deepen Western skepticism about the chances of a negotiated solution to the long-running stalemate over Iran's nuclear ambitions, which the United States and its European allies fear is a cover to build bombs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 10-11-2010 by JanusFIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Woah!!!

Strange missiles flying in LA, Israel pressuring west to launch army operations against Iran, Christians are attacked in Iraq, conflicts widening in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Yemen... Missile deals between Russia and Iran are officially frozen - Korean peninsula is in continuing alert!

Saudi-Arabia buying weapons with tens of billions - Israel is doing the same with US support... Drills are taking place Iran and in Israel - Peace process is in total chess-mate and Syria and Lebanon are threatened in daily basis... WTF is happening?

"There will be wars in ME by US and its allies by end of November..." said Iranian president in August - and sure it looks like situation is heating up now and fast... as promised.

What can we do? - Just pray and hope for the best - that once again there will rise some decent force, which will cool situation around the globe.

Doesnt look good - at all

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Nope it definitely does not look good, Iran said that any talks on its nuclear programme would have to take place after the 10th November and today they make this announcement. If Iran wants to avoid a war then they are not going about it the right way at all.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Is it somehow avoidable - or has it ever been after 2001-2002?

"Axis of Evil" ... Imperialistic NAC agenda.

There is no surprises in politics, just timings.

EDIT:

FLASHBACK FROM PAST ( May 2010 )

Israel 'already in war with Iran'

"There is no doubt that the technological capabilities, which improved in recent years, have improved range and aerial refueling capabilities, and have brought about a massive improvement in the accuracy of ordnance and intelligence," he said at a conference on air power in Herzliya.

"This capability can be used for a war on terror in Gaza, for a war in the face of rockets from Lebanon, for war on the conventional Syrian army, and also for war on a peripheral state like Iran," he added.

Israel has repeatedly said that it is considering "all options," including a military strike, to counter what it claims to be Iran's "nuclear threat."

Believed to be the sole possessor of nuclear arms in the Middle East, Israel along with the US and their Western allies accuse Iran, a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), of developing atomic weapons.

Iran has categorically denied the allegations, saying nuclear weapons have no place in the country's political and religious doctrine.

Yaalon further said that considering the "overall situation" in the region, Israel was "already in a military confrontation with Iran."

edition.presstv.ir...
edit on 10-11-2010 by JanusFIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Let's all hope and pray, that some peace and stability can be brought to the region.. Although I think that is being a bit optimistic..
If Iran kick off, I can see that escalating into a huge war, maybe even world war 3!
One thing I've always wondered.. Does anyone know why America protects Israel so much?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

It’s avoidable, the US doesn’t know for certain whether Iran has a clandestine nuclear weapons programme and this announcement says that Iran must think it has plenty of time until the US is confident enough to attack. Things are going to get worse before they get better, though.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Is Iran purposely trying to start a war? Whats the point of announcing they are ready to sit down to end the issues over their program, only to backtrack and change course.

To me its like they are now purposely delaying for some other reason.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Is Iran purposely trying to start a war? Whats the point of announcing they are ready to sit down to end the issues over their program, only to backtrack and change course.

Maybe its because Israel has been pushing the US to attack and hasn't been shy letting the press know.
The the US recently reaffirmed that military action was still on the table.

All the while Israel is sitting there with undeclared nukes and Iran is probably thinking they need then also as a deterent..

I cant blame them..If my angry neighbour had a gun I'd buy one too..

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Ahmedinejad is the President of Iran but he has no control over the country's affiliations. He's already a puppet and negotiations with him will lead nowhere unless the Supreme Leader (Ali Khamenei) and the Assembly of Experts say so. He's a figure head that has control over the military but not the social, diplomatic, economic or technological path of the country.

It's a theocracy which means that they believe that the Supreme Leader is godlike or has had some divine insight to how this will all play out i.e. they worship him. If the 'Big Six' go into Iran to remove Ahmedinejad then nothing is going to change. They will still act belligerent as they feel they are better than the rest of the world.

None of this is very good. We are all poised for war and many predictions and events are leading up to an end in this stalemate in November-December time frame. Predictions of WW3 that start as a normal war but turns to nuclear is scary for everyone in this world.

If a war starts in Iran it will soon bleed over into North Korea. At some point the leader of Al Qaueda will find a way to exacerbate the situation even further. Pakistan will have no choice but to get involved as bombs will be flying over their heads since we will be staging this from India, Afghanistan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Israel, etc. I'm sure other countries like Russia, China, Japan and The European Union will all have a stake in this as well.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Maybe its because Israel has been pushing the US to attack and hasn't been shy letting the press know.

All the while Israel is sitting there with undeclared nukes and Iran is probably thinking they need then also as a deterent..

When your neighbour chants "Death to Israel! Death to USA!". At rallies held weeky hosted by ruling religious fanatics, I'd think you'd want a pretty big stick to defend yourself with. Who seems angrier and more unstable to you? Israel has had many chances to use thier arsenal and have not. I wish I could have the same confidence in a nuclear armed Iran.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
And the next chess move is made. Any bets they find a way to make the missle crap look like it came from Iran somehow?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SunDawg

Easy, ICBM's can be launched from cargo containers. Since we have an import/export relationship with Iran and surrounding neighbors all we'd have to do is get one of those babies in there and launch it. It would have come from Iran or bordered areas but it wouldn't have been launched by them. It would be enough to stir the masses anger for war.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

It’s avoidable, the US doesn’t know for certain whether Iran has a clandestine nuclear weapons programme and this announcement says that Iran must think it has plenty of time until the US is confident enough to attack. Things are going to get worse before they get better, though.

We have the technology to see every underground bunker anyone could try to build. Iran is allowing the IAEA inspectors to look around and watch them. They only booted out 2 of the inspectors who were spouting lies about them. The IAEA is still inspecting them. Sure we found out Iran has a secret underground site, and that info was likely handed to the IAEA and they will inspect that site.

If Iran refuses to let the IAEA to inspect that site, the UN Security Council/General Assembly will deal with Iran. Iran can't even turn their crude oil into gasoline. The chances of them refining radioactive stuff seems pretty far fetched from a people who can't even make gasoline.

Japan was mad at the United States and was going to help them with their reactor. We stepped on Japan's jank quick like and stopped that so now the Russians are helping the Iranians with their nuclear power plant. Without help they could never, ever get it to work.

Neither Israel or Saudi Arabia has allowed the IAEA to inspect their nuclear weapons. We all know they have them. Neither of them can be trusted. Saudi Arabia financed 9-11 and killed more Americans in the last decade than Iran has. Israel ain't no friend of ours as well and has killed more Americans than Iran has.

So why the false propaganda to kill the Iranians? Resources and cash baby. Plus we need to pull the rug out from under China as Iran is one of their energy sources. If we don't cut China's access to crude oil/gas they're gonna put a hurtin on us. But Iranians hurting us?.....pllease. I almost peed myself when Iran revealed that new Navy "ship" they built themselves and were all proud of. Our Coast Guard has more armament on one of their BOATS than the floating pile of junk which is now the pride of the IRanian Navy. I think Costa Rica owns a bigger boat and could take them. It ain't about Iran and them being so deadly. It's all about stepping on China's jank.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

We have the technology to see every underground bunker anyone could try to build.

You wish, but even if that was the case do you think that all research and development facilities are underground? They could be anywhere, in unrelated/unnoticeable facilities, in several smaller sites and those owned by front organisations etc. Don't get me started on the IAEA inspectors, they are easily mislead.

You can laugh at those boats all you like but if/when there is a war on Iran, the first thing that the US and Co. will have to do is destroy those boats and Iran's ability to deploy them, as well as their anti-ship missile launchers. Iran's trump card is the ability to block 45% of world oil exports and 20% of all exports and that's what their Navy is for.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
One of the he's ways for Iran to strike would be a IRBM for a cargo ship well above the US as a EMP strike. One missle deployed as such would devastate US infrastructure.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

I would easily to see chem- and biological weapons will be used against west - if and when - Iran will be attacked. Those will make most harm... and spread most fear. Sunburn missiles will do the devastation in gulf amongst allied Navy and oil tankers in Hormuz strait - those will impact like hurricane to our economies.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Sounds like business as usual on planet Earth dont it? I am sorry if the following statement I am about to make is bad news but, WE WILL ALL LIVE TO SEE THE NEW YEAR!

Yes I know it can be dissapointing to know there will not be a nuclear or global world war in the coming month, but look on the bright side. You will get your present on Christmas.

Also, Iran has nothing to gain with the six way talks. The only option being given to them is "STOP OR ILL SHOOT!"
That does not seem very productive at all. Even when they agreed to the fuel swap program that the West asked for, it was not good enough so they slapped sanctions and said I was "j/k man I did not actually want you to cooperate ." And then completely ignore any questions in regards to Tehrans decision to the swap deal. It was as if the Empire just pretended not to hear of it at all.

So someone please enlighten us, exactly what does Iran have to gain by going to the talks? It will be the samebaseless bulljive they been getting for years.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

They and others need to get over the Israeli nuke issue. They are not signatories to the NPT treaty, and have not officially stated they have nukes (we know differently of course). There is nothing stopping Iran from withdrawing from the NPT treaty and developing there own nuclear weapons program as a deterrent.

Secondly, the actions of Iran right now are in contradiction with there stated goals. If there nuke program is peaceful, as they claim, then why continually delay in meeting their treaty obligations? Stating they are delaying because Israeli has nuclear weapons does nothing but contradict their stated claim for their program.

If there program is peaceful, then there is absolutely no reason Israel needs to be brought into the equation by Iran. Constantly citing them as an example does nothing but cast further doubt that the Iranian program is weapons deterrent driven and not peaceful as they claim.

Any accusation by Iran towards Israel that references delays in their nuclear program because Israel has Nukes does nothing but verify to the rest of the World the true intention of Iran's nuke program.

Its either peaceful, or its not. There is no double use ability in this treaty. If they want the ability to have a deterrent, then their program is not peaceful.
edit on 10-11-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
For one, the title is misleading and should be changed, as the headline in the article is; "Iran's rights to nuclear non-negotiable: Ahmadinejad" and not "Iran says won't discuss nuclear issue with big six".

Iran aren't refusing to talk about their nuclear program, they're refusing to stop pursuing nuclear technology.

They and others need to get over the Israeli nuke issue. They are not signatories to the NPT treaty, and have not officially stated they have nukes (we know differently of course). There is nothing stopping Iran from withdrawing from the NPT treaty and developing there own nuclear weapons program as a deterrent.

Honestly, do you feel if Iran withdrew from the NPT they would be allowed to peacefully pursue nuclear technology without being bullied from the West? The NPT isn't the issue here, it's the fact that Iran wants nuclear power and the West won't allow it. Withdrawal from the NPT, if anything, would speed up military action on Iran.

If there program is peaceful, then there is absolutely no reason Israel needs to be brought into the equation by Iran. Constantly citing them as an example does nothing but cast further doubt that the Iranian program is weapons deterrent driven and not peaceful as they claim.

Israel does need to be brought into this, because Israel are the main ones accusing Iran of pursuing nuclear weapons when they claim it's nuclear energy. They are the ones threatening pre-emptive strikes on their nuclear facilities and they're also coercing the US into doing the dirty work for them.

Israel has nuclear technology, they have stockpiles of undeclared nuclear weapons, their morality comes into question with their refusal to declare these weapons & nuclear sites and sign the NPT also. It's double standards when a country which secretly acquired nuclear technology and weapons (and still denies to this day) can tell another country, no you cant be nuclear too.

Quoting from the above article;

EU diplomats in Brussels said they believed Ahmadinejad was not closing the door altogether on discussion of Iran's nuclear programme, but merely reiterating a longstanding position that Iran had the same rights as other countries to develop peaceful nuclear power.

I fully agree with the above, that Iran and any country for that matter, has the right to develop peaceful nuclear power.

Every country accusing Iran of pursuing nuclear weapons & placing sanctions on Iran already has nuclear technology & WEAPONS themselves. It's double standards.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Why should any sovereign nation submit to the will of the UN or any other country? What gives any nation on Earth the right to regulate another nation? How many countries have used nuclear weapons against another nation? Hmmm, just one I know of so they get the right to tell other nations what to do?

I guess Might does make Right. Come on, people! Iran wishes to be sovereign, how many nations have they attacked? How many nations have attacked them? Does anyone realize that they are against the Taliban? Probably not, that wasn't reported by a lot of the media and it was quickly forgotten.

Each nation must be allowed to grow and develop on it's own.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join