It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Within the T&C, And Bump Our Threads?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

And the recipients are not mad for getting a private message like that? I would not want to do this then get reported for spamming my u2us, or something, or offending someone. Then again, I doubt too many want to be notified when I start a new thread, rofl!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

How do you u2u people your threads? One at a time,or can we mass u2u?

No they can only be sent one at a time, I usually send out about 40 to get a thread started, focusing first on the members I know will really want to check out the thread.

Depending on how quickly the thread takes off, then I will consider sending more out from there.

Now by the way, this is the best way to counter "crap' threads from dominating the home page. You aren't promising something sexy like doom and gloom, imminent disclosure or the President has herpes! Yet you know intelligent minds are really going to want to read your thread, because your own intelligent mind wrote it.

If I authored a thread I want to have maximum exposure (the home page) then I will wait to publish it when I am not competing with threads that already have 100's of flags on the home page, but will wait for a time when the home page threads have 30-40, or at least the lower ranked home page threads have 30-40.

If I can get half of the 40 people I send a message to, to read it, and then hopefully flag it in the first few hours, and pick up some traffic from the recent posts board, then I have an excellent chance of getting my thread up on the home page where it will get maximum exposure.

If you get your thread on to the home page then there is a good chance when they send out that day's ATS Newsletter they are going to mention your thread in it.

You can put all those ellements to work for you, by working a little harder, but a lot smarter.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Thank you for the tips, I will keep them in m ind. My threads are hit and miss, and I don't know if there are 40 people here who would give a crap I made a thread in the first place. But who knows? Sometimes I find things, like the recent pedo book, that enrage me, and I feel the word does need to get out.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

And the recipients are not mad for getting a private message like that? I would not want to do this then get reported for spamming my u2us, or something, or offending someone. Then again, I doubt too many want to be notified when I start a new thread, rofl!

Why would they be mad, you aren't selling subscriptions to magazines, or pushing some product they have no use for, you are telling a fellow ATS Member (a.) You think they are special (they are, and this does not offend them) so special in fact you want them to know that you created something of interest to them.

Now when the Owners or Admin Staff have a thread they want everyone to know about they send out U2U's so you aren't doing anything the site itself doesn't do.

You aren't sending them out blindly, you are sending them out to people who have already selected you as a friend, that means they enjoy your posts or threads on some level. Or you are sending them to other members you know have a similir interest. If xxxxxx always posts on Egyptian Pyramid threads, I think they will enjoy knowing there is another one!

It's not a blind process, you are putting some forethought and specific attention and effort into it.

All you are saying is I consider you a friend and peer here on ATS please check out my thread if you get the chance, don't ask for them to star or flag it.

Example,

Hi Hotbakedtater,

I hope all is well and you are enjoying your day. I just published a thread on how Monsanto is taking over the Potatoe industry! I thought you might enjoy knowing about it because you seem to love potatoes!

If you get a chance and are so inclined stop by and consider leaving a post www.abovetopsecret/tatersrus/1121

Enjoy your day.

Your friend,

Proto

You weren't pushy, some would argue you are thoughtful.

Often I will get a reply back like this:

Proto, great to hear from you, your right, I sure have been concerned about what those Monsanto people have been doing to my beloved potatoes, thanks for thinking of me!

ATS is a social networking site, so in reality all you are doing is NETWORKING, see

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Thank you for the tips, it is something I will look further into. I have also recently been one of those who was able to go to RATS and remain. I have noticed that there is a serious lack of great or recent threads there. I was hoping that maybe some of us, (you know the members with important threads) wouldn't mind starting a newer thread base there.

I realize that there might have been a glitch yesterday, but I have some threads that I have pretty much seen go down the drain due to the **Media, Doom, Prophecy** threads, and was hoping that maybe some of those threads can be moved to that area, as to get more interested people, well not just interested, but informed.

I was so angry yesterday when I saw members there that are so informed, and didn't see anything from them written there. I hope that changes soon. No one was trolling, or upset.

Peace, NRE.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join