It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where have all 9,900 rebellious Russian paratroopers gone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
some more thoughts on the faild coup ,its starting to come to light ..its all been a planned to blaim on chechnya ,i need to research more into this

Where are 10,000 paratroopers who, according to a statement by Russian Col. Gen. Achalov, the leader of a planned military uprising which never came into being, were to take part in an overthrow of the Putin's government?

According to a Kavkaz Center source in the circles of Russian Nationalists, they do not belong to military leadership.

Our source who uses a pseudonym Oleg Dmitriyev writes:

"10,000 paratroopers ready to overthrow the government really exist, but they subordinate neither to Achalov nor to any other Soviet officer (Terekhov, Kvachkov etc.), since they did not respond to their call (order) to come to a demonstration on 7 November.

On numerous photos by various news agencies, you can clearly see that less than one hundred paratroopers from the total number of protesters, came to the meeting. The rest, namely 9,900 paratroopers is missing.

Two of the three leaders of an anti-government coalition between the military and political activists, represented in the Union of Defenders of Russia (Achalov and Terekhov), called the paratroopers to come to a peaceful demonstration. One of them (Achalov) made a deal with Putin and rejected the idea of the military coup saying there won't be any coup, and the other (Terekhov) joined him.

But there is a third man in the leadership of this coalition, name the leader of Russian National Unity, Alexander Barkashov, who rejected any compromise with the government, and issued an official press release urging Russian officers and protesters not to take part in the buffoonery.

According to the results of the meeting, it is easy to guess whom the rebellious paratroopers really belong.

Earlier, some democratically oriented commentators said that the command of the Russian army is preparing for a coup with a replacement of the KGB junta by a military and Communist one and that the Union of Defenders of Russia" (UDR) is as a sort of a "red-brown" coalition.

But now it is became clear that the Soviet generals in the UDR are nothing more than a mere screen and that "red" colors there become less and less visible, which means that last days are really approaching for the FSB", our source reports.

www.kavkazcenter.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

Keep an eye on nato forces and you have your answer. As for the fsb going down, hmm..well i would rather go against a pack of starving wolves than head to head with them, they simply do not think,feel,react to situations as the majority of people across the globe think they do. Just a quick preview and study the response time and deployment involved when georgia decided to act with the approval of nato, also look at who and how the airstrips were captured in the conflict between Yugoslavia and nato, also look at how and under what methods the downed stealth fighter was transported. Do you see a pattern ?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
lol i love that

"kgb junta" sooo true.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
theyve been launched into orbit off the coast of LA.

seriously i think the russians put on a show of force because they came across as weak after the failed coup de tat

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Whoever started the Red Dawn references should be shot. That's all I hear when I see threads like this. Somewhere in the back of my mind a voice yells "wolverines!!" Then the stupid thing came on TV last night... /headbang

It's a good question though. Perhaps they were just venting and not really dedicated to the cause.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I tried to make sense of the article and couldn't. Google's Russian to English translation wasn't all that good... It appeared to me that the 9900 that didn't show just may not have existed and the100 that did were old men that were members of an Airborne Veterans organization... It seems that some General grade officers were cut off and they were pissed about it because it was going to affect their level of comfort.... The Soviets eliminated their Marine Corps in the 1950s, their Special Forces in 1983 and now Airborne and the vets are somehow going to be affected by this... They Figure that if they have to deal with the U.S. It will have to be a nuclear gig and they don't need or can afford troops... Add to that the Mafia has control of the weapons and are selling them off and the military is without heat in their barracks and on a very poor diet.... They have some bad problems for sure.
edit on 10-11-2010 by hypervigilant because: To correct spelling and add to one sentence so it read better.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

they may have been invited to the worlds biggest continuous bbq pit in the ukraine.
regarding the downed stealth in former yugoslavia, am i correct in stating that the ground forces used a low grade radar and/or radio towers to zero in on the stealth?
f

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Before anybody engages in too much speculation, I personally don't consider "Kavkaz Center" a credible source of information. This is the outlet of hardcore Chechen militants and they like to publish all sorts of sensational pieces with little or no substance behind them.

join