It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madeleine McCann: Vector Addition.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
It's effective, practical purpose is to validate and endorse the actions of Madeleine's parents and to clamp their fate firmly to the fate of the Labour government of the time, led by Prime Minister Gordon Brown, through the good offices of the government's humble servants in the Foreign Office, "bless 'eir bleedin' 'arts".

edit on 27-1-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

A pretty good working theory for the cover-up, just one point. At that time it was still Tony Bliar as PM in the UK.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Let's hope this will uncover some interesting results.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoRen
A pretty good working theory for the cover-up, just one point. At that time it was still Tony Bliar as PM in the UK.

Yes you are right about that. Blair was in office until June of 2007. Apologies to Mr. Brown, who I believe was Chancellor of the Exchequer under Blair. I'm not, obviously, over familiar with UK politics, but that doesn't really touch the main points. In order for the Foreign Office to issue any sort of press release in a matter like this, there had to be political interference emanating from some source as yet unknown.

In any event the government of Gordon Brown stayed on script when he took over.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

This is all speculation and not to be taken as an accusation of wrongdoing or an assumption of wrongdoing on the part of anyone.

When Scotland Yard re-interviews the Tapas 7, I hope they are prepared to do a deal with one or more of them. In the scenario we are speculating upon some may be more vulnerable than others. Two people to concentrate on are David Payne and Jane Tanner. Tanner is particularly vulnerable.

In a hypothetical scenario , if it were to be determined through some unexpected means that Kate and Gerrry McCann were in fact guilty of:

1. Responsibility for the death of Madeleine McCann.

2. Guilty of disposing of her body.

3. Guilty of fraudulently soliciting funds to search for her.

4. Guilty of fraudulently bringing court actions against Goncalo Amaral to silence him.

5. Guilty of being accessories to a hypothetically possible (not proven) attempt to frame Robert Murat for kidnapping.

6. Guilty of fraudulently bringing a court action against the British lawyer Tony Bennet to silence him.

then there is a very real possiblilty of other members of the Tapas 7 being charged as accessories.

Jane Tanner is particularly vulnerable to this.

Personally I think that if Scotland Yard simply does its job as a police force and is not subject to political interference in this case, they will have no trouble cracking the solidarity of the Tapas 7.

Keep in mind that Amaral came very close to getting surveillance tape of the man, carrying the small blonde child, that the Smith family ran into the night of the disappearance. There might still be someone out there in Praia da Luz who knows something about this case but who has not come forward.

Another person that they should talk to very seriously and carefully is Jon Corner, the film maker from the UK who went with the McCanns on their motor trip to Spain. He may know something that he does not know he knows.

I've been disappointed by the police so often that I am not getting my hopes up, but it will be interesting to see the results of Scotland Yard's efforts.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Let's look at another example of the involvement of the British police in this case. It might provide an exciting glimpse of what we can expect from Scotland Yard.

Any suggestion that cadaver dog, Eddy, might not have detected the scent of death in the McCann's holiday apartment, Ocean Club 5A, would send a severe jolt through the thread and cast a terrible shadow of doubt on the ethics and methodologies of both the Policia Judiciaria and their English counterparts.

Would it rule out involvement of Kate and Gerry McCann in the disappearance of their daughter? No, but it would open the way to other possibilities. If no scent of death was detected in the apartment it is highly likely that Madeleine didn't die in the apartment, and since she is missing, it becomes possible to assert that she has been abducted.

Is there anything, anywhere, which might suggest the possibility either real or in terms of "spin" that the cadaver dog, Eddy, might not have detected the scent of death in the apartment, or at the villa rented later by the McCanns?

Believe me, it really disturbs me to say it, but in the scrupulous interests of fairness, in my speculations I have to draw attention to what appears to be an attempt to falsify one of cadaver dog Eddy's indications, by dog handler, Martin Grime.

My jaw dropped when I saw this because it is all on video.

I was browsing the web, looking for information about the sniffer dog indications and looking for the debunker point of view when I ran into a couple of interesting blogs.

One is of particular interest. It calls into question the indication of the death scent on the "Cuddle Cat" toy but doesn't seem to realize the true import of what it is calling our attention to.

madeleine-writingthewrongs.com...

In the villa the McCanns rented after vacating the holiday apartment, clothes and the toy were canine-inspected. Both dogs tested the area to check for scents before the inspections and there was none. On Eddie’s first encounter with Cuddle-cat, he sniffed it, picked it up and played with it. But he didn’t bark (his official signal of a scent). Then the toy was hidden in a cupboard and Eddie barked. That was an error, but whether of omission (not barking when he should have) or commission (barking when he shouldn’t have) we can only guess.

From Martin Grime’s rogatory interview, we perhaps get a glimpse of the view of Amaral’s successor, Paulo Rebelo, of the dogs’ performance in Praia da Luz.

“Can you confirm if the signal given regarding the stuffed toy corresponds to a concrete alert of detection of a cadaver, or a mere trick played by the dog”

From Grime’s predictably indignant response, we learn something else startling:

"The dogs were not taught any ‘tricks’. The cadaver dog, Eddie, reacted to the toy, which at my request was retained by the Judicial Police for future forensic analysis. I have no knowledge of the results of any forensic analysis on the toy."

Grime recommended that the toy be tested.

What the blogger of the above passage fails to report is that Eddy first alerted to the area of a counter top with dirty dishes on it. The cupboard from which "Cuddle Cat" was eventually produced is beneath the counter.

The sequence of events is very important. Eddy first encounters "Cuddle Cat" and tips it out of a waste basket at 1:50. He walks by "Cuddle Cat" a couple of times but does not alert to it.

At 4:08 Eddy alerts to a kitchen cupboard, apparently to the dirty dishes on the counter top. (Pork, Sea Bass cadaverine?)

This alert is not high-lighted or explored or elucidated in any way by Martin Grime.

At 4:40 Eddy leaves the kitchen area and the camera follows him.

He is eventually brought back to the counter top that he first alerted to and, at that point 5:45 Martin Grime opens the cupboard beneath the counter and pulls out "Cuddle Cat", showing it to the camera.

It appears completely obvious that "Cuddle Cat" has been moved from the room where Eddy first walked past it without alerting, into the kitchen cupboard, where it is produced from beneath a counter top that Eddy did alert to.

Why would Martin Grime do this? This one sequence, video taped, appears to, unless I am truly mixed up, destroy the reliability of cadaver dog indications in the case and to destroy Martin Grime's reputation.

Why? It is incomprehensible that this should happen. It could lead a jury to dismiss any evidence whatsoever, produced by the police. This video is catastrophic for the police and for Martin Grime.

Whether there was scent on "Cuddle Cat" or not is completely immaterial to the case against the McCanns, as long as scent was legitimately found somewhere relevant.

But, being filmed fabricating a cadaver dog alert, as appears to be the case in this instance, just shatters police credibility in this case.

Are the police to be relied upon in this case or, alternately, are we seeing the hand of some powerful influence the police cannot resist, working to destroy the case against the McCanns?

Surely there are not two "Cuddle Cats".

What Martin Grime appears to be doing is committing career suicide. Is he being forced to hold the gun to his head?

Of course the true explanation could be very simple. Martin Grime could be apparently, absent some legitimate explanation, simply trying to cover up a false positive indication by cadaver dog, Eddy.

Whatever the case, what has been done in this video certainly accomplishes one thing, the destruction of all the cadaver dog indications in the case, at least from a defense attorney's perspective and most importantly, from the public's perspective.

Cui bono?

This is, if I am correct in what I am seeing, another unreported scandal of the case of the missing Madeleine McCann.

The video in question is, Search of Vista Mar Villa, 02 August 2007. It may be viewed at the following page.

www.mccannfiles.com...

edit on 7-2-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Just for the record, I do believe that sniffer dog, Eddy's, sweep of the McCanns Ocean Club apartment was completely above board. I believe the scent of death was found there and I do not believe that police planted scent in the apartment.

I think at the Vista Mar Villa, Martin Grime had a brain cramp when Eddy alerted to something on the counter top, some food item, like bacon for example.

His cop hat fell off and he slipped on his sniffer dog evangelist hat and attempted in a very maladroit way to hide a false positive instead of simply acknowledging it right away and moving on.

He lost discipline in my opinion.

Yes, acknowledging a false positive would still have the effect of handing the McCanns a public relations club to beat their detractors with, but it must be remembered that the sniffer dogs are an investigator's tool.

Their indications don't go to court. Their indications do provide investigators with possible lines of inquiry.

If I were an investigator like Amaral, faced with the whole range of indications from Grime's dog, Eddy, including the false positive at the kitchen counter in Vista Mar Villa, I would still proceed with some confidence that Madeleine McCann had died in Ocean Club 5A.

I would not allow myself to be swayed by the opinions of an amateur criminologist who is also the parent of the missing child.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Here is Martin Grime on the subject of the abilities of an Enhanced Victirn Recovery Dog (E.V.RD.) like Eddy.

missingmadeleine.forumotion.net...

Whilst it is stated that the E.V.RD. is originally trained using pig the following notes of guidance should be considered when assessing indications:

In six years operationai deployment in over 200 cases the dog has never alerted to meat based foodstuffs.

The initial training of the dog was conducted using human blood and stil born decomposing piglets. The importance of this is that the dog is introduced to the scent of a decomposing body NOT FOODSTUFF. This ensures that the dog disregards the 'bacon sandwich' and 'kebab' etc that is ever present in the background environment. Therefore the dog would remain efficient searching for a cadaver in a café where the clientele were sat eating bacon sandwiches.

The dogs’ passive CSI alert provides an indication as per their training and does not vary. They only give an alert when they are “positive” that the target of the odour is present and immediately accessible. If they had any doubts they would not give an alert. EVRD gives an alert by means of a vocal bark.

But . . .

In training the dog has accuately alerted to a 1 cm cube of pork soaked in petrol for 1 week and then burnt until only a residue remains.

Far be it from me to comment on the culinary expertise of either Kate or Gerry, but most people will anonymously own to both burning their food occasionally and to having had encounters with decomposing meat in their kitchens.

I think Eddy, to the chagrin of his handler, alerted either to something decomposing, or maybe slightly rancid on the Vista Mar Villa counter, or perhaps to an exotic petroleum marinade that might have been a feature of the last meal eaten in that area, still lingering on the dirty dishes.

edit on 8-2-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Smelling salts, anyone?

How much would anyone be willing to wager that the subject matter of the above two or three posts was known to the police long in advance of me writing about it here? I'll bet they have known for quite a while. Undoubtedly other sniffer dog handlers would have picked up on it immediatley and rumours would have circulated among the coppers at doughnut shops (crumpet shops?) or wherever police officers congregate in the UK.

And nothing has been said about it.

This is a disaster for any criminal case in this matter, i.e., Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

It couldn't be worse.

Judges throw out cases involving police tampering or police lies every day of the week around the world.

Has anyone read a tabloid headline in the UK heaping scorn on the crooked, incompetent, clownish police force of the United Kingdom and how they screwed up the investigation in the criminal case of the missing Madeleine McCann? How they are bungling fools and crooks who can't be trusted in a criminal case?

I wonder if there is a new sign on the wall of the Solicitor General's office in Lisbon.

Never Ask the British Police for Assistance Under Any Circumstances
edit on 12-2-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Funny you mention that, yeah it does seem weird how it's always been "bungling Portuguese police" and "crackpots with theories the McCanns had involvement" ever since it was first reported.

That's why I'm hoping that this new round of interviews will put an end to that but it's doubtful.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

That's the xenophobic tabloid press in England. "It's the pathetic silly wogs, you know." "They're the ones that messed it up." "They don't have a modern police force like Britain has."

Be that as it may and granting that, obviously, only a small number of policemen in the UK are in on this lamentable cover up of what appears to be a moron's attempt to hide the fact that his dog gave him a false positive, it would behoove the police to make a clean breast of this incident in order to move on as soon as possible.

Otherwise . . .

when this case comes to trial, if it ever does, the first piece of evidence that is presented by any barrister acting in the defense of a suspect, will be the video showing Martin Grime holding up "Cuddle Cat", looking grim and reliable as he appears to (barring evidence to the contrary) fake a sniffer dog alert.

Can anyone see a way in which this is not going to happen in any future trial, no matter who is charged?

Who knows, this clip may become standard evidence for the defense in all future trials in the UK involving police testamony.

This could become the biggest selling DVD in UK history.

It's not the fact of the event. It's the fact that it has never been admitted. The British police have never owned up to it. They continue to cover it up. It is truly disgusting. We've lost our moral compass. (Like I have to tell people that on ATS.)
edit on 13-2-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
A rebuttal to my characterization of the "Cuddle Cat" sniffer dog alert as a disguised false positive has been attempted by the unterdenteppichgekhert blogger, of all people!?!?

It can be viewed here:

unterdenteppichgekehrt.blogspot.com...

I stand by what I wrote and suggest to Johanna that she take another careful look at the video in question and reconsider her position. There was no alert to "Cuddle Cat" at Vista Mar Villa. Eddy, the sniffer dog, never barked in the presence of "Cuddle Cat".

Here he is (courtesy of the above link) at the point he alerts to the counter top. His only alert at the villa. "Cuddle Cat" is in another room at the time of this alert.

My respect for Johanna remains undiminished.

She is right about the location (dinette and not kitchen) and about the fact that the countertop does not seem to have dirty dishes on it, although it is hard to be absolutely sure what is there and what precisely Eddy is alerting to.

I was so excited about detecting the false positive that I neglected to be careful about the other details. I have no doubt, however, that Eddy did not alert to "Cuddle Cat" in the definition of an alert given by Grime himself, that is by barking and that Grime appears to be trying to make it look as if Eddy did alert to "Cuddle Cat".
edit on 20-2-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It seems clear from the following statement by an official spokesperson of Scotland Yard that the famed British police department has decided that they can place no credence in the sniffer dog alerts given by Martin Grime's cadaver dog, Eddie.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

British police reviewing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, who vanished in 2007 in Portugal at the age of four, said Wednesday they genuinely believed she could still be alive.

The Scotland Yard team sifting through a wealth of material in the case said they had so far identified 195 "investigative opportunities" that could be followed up.

Madeleine disappeared from the family's holiday flat in Praia da Luz in southern Portugal on May 3, 2007.

Scotland Yard urged the Portuguese authorities to reopen the search as they released a computer-aged image of how Madeleine might look as she approaches what would be her ninth birthday on May 12.

"We genuinely believe there is a possibility that she is alive," Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood from Scotland Yard's Homicide and Serious Crime Command told reporters.

"And we are currently developing material which we believe represents genuinely new information. . . .

Investigations showed what appeared to be "gaps" in the forensic timeline, indicating there were opportunities for Madeleine to be snatched.

Personally, I believe that this is a possibility British police may have opened up to as far back as the summer of 2007, for reasons outlined in posts above.

I don't want to characterize the reason or reasons why Martin Grime and the Yorkshire Police parted ways in 2007, but it is certainly interesting that the parting of ways came so soon after Grime's efforts in the McCann case came to an end.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Yet Grime, who had left South Yorkshire police in July 2007 and was selling his dogs' services through his private business, had failed to keep up the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) licence that certified Eddie as a police 'cadaver dog'.
Grime did have a second sniffer dog, Keela, but its licence expired a fortnight after they arrived in Jersey.

ACPO rules governing UK police dogs state: 'Dog and handler teams that fail to remain in-licence are deemed "not competent".'

Grime admitted to The Mail on Sunday that the dog's licence had lapsed. He said: 'After I retired, my dogs were tested according to my own standards which are more stringent than ACPO's. But Jersey is not in the UK, so they were in their rights to employ whoever they wanted.' He said his fees were 'all agreed' and that he had given Jersey a 'discount'.
Asked about the 'human remains' found by Eddie that turned out to be coconut, Grime said bizarrely: 'People aren't right 100 per cent of the time. Otherwise they wouldn't be human.'

I am going to have to give this whole case a serious re-think.

Much of what has antagonized people toward the McCanns is related to their deplorable attempts to avoid being considered guilty of child neglect.

Much of what has caused people to consider them guilty of disposing of Madeleine's remains is dependant upon confidence in the sniffer dog alerts given by Eddie, the cadaver dog.

If the reliability of the sniffer dog handler and of his dog can be brought into doubt in a decisive way, and I believe it can, then all investigators must remain open to all possibilities, including the possibility that Madeleine was kidnapped.
edit on 25-4-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
People who are reading through this thread will come across links to the blog, Unterdenteppichgekehrt.

unterdenteppichgekehrt.blogspot.ca...

This blog was started by a lady named Johanna, who took an interest in the case when a German reporter first raised the question of possible involvement of Madeleine's parents in her disappearance. The blog is bilingual English/German. It is a highly speculative blog but a very important one.

Johanna has spent a considerable amount of time studying the rogatory statements of Kate and Gerry McCann and their friends, the so called "Tapas 7". From a study of these statements, particularly of what she considered inconsistencies between the various statements, she developed a hypothetical scenario to show how the parents of the missing Madeleine McCann may, hypothetically, have been able to dispose of her body and also to account for certain oddities among the facts known about the case.

She did allow for attempted rebuttals in her comments section, but she was well prepared to defend her theories.

Her writing was speculation and opinion, as she stated very clearly, but one could say that it was fairly well informed speculation.

I didn't agree with everything she said, particularly with her assessment of the film of cadaver dog, Eddie, at work in the Vista Mar Villa, as one can read, above, but she did have a fresh point of view on this case and the moxie to say quite a few provocative things about the facts of the case.

I was quite surprised, today, to go to the site and find that it has been gutted. None of her theories or previous posts are accessible.

I don't know what happened. I hope that her previous writings will be reposted. Maybe it is a site maintenance issue. Maybe it is legal intimidation. If the latter, I think it is very unfortunate. She had many thought provoking things to say and I hope she returns, full force. Wiedersehen, Johanna!
edit on 29-4-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The Unterdenteppichgekehrt blog website is back together, in a slightly different format, with the blogger's observations concentrated on one page. The reconstruction of the time period surrounding the announcement of Madeleine's disappearance is not there but I hope that it will be reinstated.

There is an entertaining recital of 195 clues to be taken note of by Scotland Yard, a satirical reference to the 195 "new leads" being urged upon the Portugese police by their British counterparts. Johanna is still as cheeky as ever, so I hope that the recent interruption in the blog's presentation was simply a site overhaul.

She still seems to think that cadaver dog, Eddie, alerted to Cuddle Cat at the Vista Mar Villa. On that we disagree.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
There has been an unusual development in this case which was first referenced on ATS in the the thread, Police Probe Madeleine 'Grave' Theory

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I thought I should include material on this development here, for the sake of completeness.

Essentially, a man named Peter Birch, from South Africa has managed to sneak onto the property known as Casa Liliana in Praia da Luz, with a high quality ground penetrating radar machine and claims to have found the buried body of Madeleine McCann (sight unseen) under a comparatively new section of driveway on the property.

Mr. Birch speculated that the driveway may have been made to conceal the body, although he is at pains also to make clear that he is not accusing Robert Murat of anything. He, of course, is not a detective and simply claims to have discovered the body.

Casa Liliana is a villa owned by the mother of Robert Murat. In May of 2007, when Madeleine disappeared, Robert Murat was living at the address and came under suspicion, famously identified at one point by Jane Tanner, as the man she saw carrying a child across the road, in the direction of Casa Liliana the night Madeleine went missing.

Needless to say, if Mr. Birch has found Madeleine, it would be a bombshell discovery. He explains what he has done in two videos on YouTube. The second one has some Portugese narration but there is a long explanation by Mr. Birch, in English, explaining his thoughts on the case and why he believes he has found Madeleine's body.

Mr. Birch has said that it is now up to the Portugese authorities to decide whether to get a warrant to search the property and dig where he has indicated. I haven't heard of any statements from the Portugese police indicating that they have made a decision on the matter.

This development has been reported on at the mccanfiles.com website as well. That is where I first heard about it.

mccannfiles.com...

edit on 1-8-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
On the face of it, the assertion by Stephen Birch that he has found the body of Madeleine McCann on the property owned by Robert Murat's mother seems impossible.

Robert Murat was made an arguido in the case on May 15, 2007, 12 days after the announcement of Madeleine's disappearance, 12 days after the Smith family saw a man carrying a blonde child in a street near the church in Praia da Luz and 6 days before Kate and Gerry McCann rented a car that was later signaled by a cadaver dog as containing the scent of death.

Jane Tanner said she saw someone carrying a child in the direction of the property, Casa Liliana, owned by Robert Murat's mother, on the night of Madeleine's disappearance. After Murat became a suspect in the case, his mother's property was thoroughly searched by the Policia Judiciaria, including the use of the English sniffer dogs, in August of 2007. Nothing was found.

Here is the property. Note particularly where the bedroom is indicated and where the green foliage is located at the left of the picture. Unless I am mistaken, the area near the foliage is where Stephen Birch believes that Madeleine's body is buried.

mccannfiles.com...

Given all of the above, it seems impossible that Birch could be correct in thinking that he has found Madeleine's body. How could the sniffer dogs have missed it?

Suppose the body was not on the property when the sniffer dogs did their search. Suppose the person or persons responsible for her disappearance decided to take advantage of the fact that Robert Murat had been made a suspect in the case and had decided to move Madeleine's body onto the property and bury it there. They would also be taking advantage of the fact that the Casa Lilliana property had been searched by the sniffer dogs already and would likely never be searched again and therefore would make a very good place to permanently conceal a body.

It seems absurd, but almost everything about this case is absurd.

How could someone sneak onto the property and bury a body there without the people who live at the address knowing about it? It seems incredible, but Stephen Birch was able to sneak onto the property and do a survey with ground penetrating radar without anyone knowing about it, until now.

That too is incredible and absurd . . . but true.

Take another look at the diagram of Casa Lilliana and notice that the bedroom in the villa is at the opposite side of the villa from the drive area near the foliage where Birch thinks the body is buried.

What seemed absurd, when looked at in the light of these considerations, now seems unlikely, but not impossible.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
These extracts are from a story published in Correio da Manha, July 6, 2012.

mccannfiles.com...

Scotland Yard, the elite British police force which has 37 investigators working on leads that have arisen on the disappearance of Maddie, gathered yesterday afternoon to discuss the case, it has been confirmed to CM - including the data gathered by the South African Stephen Birch in Praia da Luz.

Birch believes that Madeleine was buried the night of her disappearance and before the alarm was given by Kate McCann that the child had disappeared. He is reported to have studied the documents of the Policia Judiciaria on the case, in detail, and has his own time line related to the burial of Madeleine's body.

Birch, who has extensively studied the process, said: "The hole was dug in the back of the house from 21.00 to 21.20 [May 3]. The child was buried from 22.05 to 22.15. At 22.20, the McCanns were seen outside Murat's property," after that Kate, the mother of the child, raised the alarm of the disappearance.

In Birch's version of events, another figure enters the case, someone who may be related to E-Fit drawings made of people seen in the area at the time of the abduction.

The businessman, passionate about the case for a year, does not accuse without evidence Kate and Gerry, but refers to the connection that exists between Maddie's father and a British businessman, who was in Praia da Luz on holiday.

Birch connects this mysterious figure also to Jane Tanner's sighting and one of the E-Fit drawings that she did of the person she says she saw.

For Birch, M.J.S. is "a suspicious figure" whose face is like the photo-fit made by the woman who says she saw a man pass with a child in his arms that night, towards the grounds of Murat.

SUSPECT THE SAME AS PHOTO-FIT

In one of the emails sent to the PJ, Stephen Birch says that one of the suspects - MJS - is the same as the photo-fit made at the time. "Compare the photo of his passport with the picture. If it [the photo-fit] had a beard and moustache."

Jane, a friend of the McCanns, told Judiciary inspectors at the time that at about 21.15 on the day of May 3, 2007 she had seen a man cradling a child in pjamas. It was through her description that the portrait was done.

Where that leaves the sighting by the Smith family of someone carrying a small blond child at some distance from Ocean Club 5A, much closer to the beach and far from the scene of actions described by Birch, is an open question. Could this have been a completely unrelated event?

It is interesting that the police forces involved are looking at the new developments.

Predictably and justifiably, Robert Murat is very angry at what looks like the beginning of a new round of stress for his mother, whose property is the focus of all attention.

His lawyers are looking into the situation, from their client's perspective. I feel bad for Murat. I can fully understand why, even if completely innocent, he would want to stop further procedings in their tracks, and to pursue punitive sanctions against Birch.

What an ongoing nightmare for him!

edit on 5-8-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is all a NWO False Flag, she will miraculously show up again when it's time for our newborn's to receive microchips

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by drbatstein

You might be right. In a similar manner, I am waiting for the huge breakthrough in CGI technology that will finally allow the Pentagon to release all of the confiscated video of the plane that hit the Pentagon on 9/11.

It is interesting to me that Birch puts the announcement by Kate McCann of Madeleine's disappearance closer to 10:30 PM which makes the fact that the first web story about the case, from a Foreign Office press relaease no less, which appeared at 00:01 that same night, even more of an apparent impossibility from a logistical point of view, unless it had been arranged before the announcement of Madeleine's disappearance.

I hope that Birch is right about the location of the body. This case has been log jammed for too long. It will be hell for the Murats but it might bring the whole fiasco to a quicker conclusion if Madeleine's body were actually found.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Excellent points there ipsedixit

Here's an ATS thread about it in case it's of interest

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join