It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone think they should be somewhere else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Recently, I made a thread that failed abysmally. However, I am in a position (physically) that wants me to separate from my physical body.

I'm tired of being sick and I'm tired of the hum drum of the world.

There is something in me that says that there is in fact an after life. Please excuse me religionists, but I'm not interested in your point of view. Please don't reply with religion. Spiritualism I will accept.

My time is done in my viewpoint. Not much too offer here to the rest of the world. Yet, I do feel a great pull to something greater than myself. Can not identify the source.

Does anyone else feel this? Is it not ingrained in us to follow or respect something on a much grander scale?

In fact, I did have a big hand in employing others in my life and making other lives a bit fuller. However, I do not have a higher degree or am capable of helping others like a Doctor or Scientist. Just a regular Joe here that I feel my deeds were a roll of the dice and was rolled for this existence.

So, my question is this............can I not let go of this existence or do I have to rely on something greater to relieve me of this not so pleasant here and now? Do I really want to die? No. Flat out. Is my time here controlled and regulated for a higher purpose?

What or who am I....and what do I do in my remaining time to be significant to others. Look at my past posts. There is some truly disturbing information.

Someone please help me (to explain) in becoming someone that can be giving in the way I think the universe wants me to be. Even though I'm not psychologically or physically able to be of difference. I really need an in-depth answer to my question. I want to be a contributor.

Really, I need something in my life to give to others and make my life important. At this point, I just don't have that ability. I want to give. But, my life force is diminishing. How do I wake myself up? How do I give to others when I am so down?

Am I depressed, yes. It is hard not being a contributor to society and giving sound advise to others. Where or how can I make a difference before going to the stars?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
While I am spiritual, not religious, I often have that feeling. I'm almost 26 and I have absolutely no clue what I should do with my life. I know a lot of people my age say that, but I'm honestly at a loss. I feel like I have absolutely nothing to offer anyone. I don't have any special talents or ambitions. I've been a waitress the past 6 years because I don't know what else to do.
Yet, when I look at it from a spiritual point of view, I think maybe, I'm here to do something to help people. When the time is right, I'll know what to do. When I think of it that way, it takes a lot of stress out of my life.
With everything I've read about what could possibly be waiting for us when we die/cross over, etc etc..
Yeah, this life sucks, and I definetly would rather be there than here.
But who knows what the future holds? In the next 5 years or even sooner than that, you could figure out what you are meant to be here for... or whatever you'd like to call it.
Crazy stuff happens everyday so you never know! Hope you find what you're looking for sooner than later

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Personally i feel that you should stop asking what your purpose in life is and stop expecting an answer that will define it for you from anyone, because the reality is that you have no purpose other than to be a parasite, to drain earth of its resources. you work, eat, sleep, and crap and all of that combined helps others to do the same thing. you are really no different from any other animal except that the rules that marginalize your species are much more complicated than those of the "natural" world. accept that you are a part of the natural cycle of things, that God has nothing to do with you, and that there is no expectation and no purpose predisposed for you. like i said, you are a parasite that drains resources, no more, no less.

But the question is, are you good parasite or a bad parasite? Do you kill your host, or do you actually aid the host and have that symbiotic relationship with it? Choose which you are and you've just taken a step to determining what your purpose is. none of us here can tell you what that is. You have to make your own purpose. You have to make your own meaning for everything. And then you have to believe in it, which is the hardest part when you are depressed. But that is the truth. Everything is meaningless unless you make it meaningful. if you don't what your purpose is in life, maybe you could start by saying my purpose in life is to prove that my life was not meaningless. That's what i'm trying to do at least, and so far i think that i've partially achieved that goal of giving my life a purpose through many different experiences i've had in my own life and those experiences that i've shared with others, whether it benefited anyone i don't know, although that is always my hope and reason for doing anything nowadays, but even if it hadn't, i still did something that meant something to me which is more than i need from this world to be assured that my life is not meaningless and that I do have a purpose.

Do you believe there is good and bad in this world? If you do, what are those things? Which do you like, the good or bad things? If you like good things, then why not try to change the bad things to good things so that more good will exists in the world? try to be the example for people to follow. determine your purpose, thats the first step. for example, i feel my purpose in life is to make sure no one ever feels beaten down by the world. i feel that i've experienced a lot that the best and worst in life has to offer, and that i know that the best in life is far more appealing than the worst. and i know that the entire world suffers and rejoices at the same time, some suffering more than others. So with only those two little bits of wisdom, i've decided that my purpose is to reduce the amount of suffering, if not in the world, then at least for one other person, because then i know that my life meant something to this world, that i was able to change something in this world for the better. seeing the purpose of another person's life gives great perspective on what your purpose should be. But that is just one of the purposes i feel that motivate me in my life, and by acting on these motivations I am creating meaning to my life.

I wrote a thread called To be or not to be? which i spoke of my neighbor and his evil intentions. Well im 19 and this kid is 16, and when i was 16, my life was far worse than his, if you view our lives like plots in a story. but its not experiencing the events that are important, its the feelings created by the experiences that truly matter. to cut short, i shared the same feelings that he does now when i was around his age, but eventually i began to see things through a different perspective, in fact i had to force myself to see things through a different perspective, because i just hated always hating life, to put it drastically simply. In this case with this boy, for about a year now i've been working diligently to get him to learn from my own experiences when i was his age so that he can learn now what took me years to discover, because i know what happens to people like us if we don't get help or don't help ourselves. It took me 4 years to find out the meaning of life, and I nearly destroyed my own and many others lives within that time lapse. i see that this boy is in the same predicament, so i do what i can by being an example and sharing my own life with him and being that something in his life that i felt, when i was in his same situation, that was the only thing i needed in order to change. so after a year, sadly, little has changed, except that now he is becoming more violent, as the difference between him and I is that i wanted things to get better whereas he want's things to get worse for everyone in a sort of revenge against life.

I'm trying, and i am failing, but life doesn't stop with failure. If i failed with this boy, then that simply means i have failed. But the point regardless of my failure, is that that this time in my existence meant something, it meant i failed. My actions, my thoughts, my feelings, actually meant something for that amount of time to me and to this boy. For this year, my life had a purpose, and that was to try and give another person a purpose to live. I failed, but i still tried. now i have to give that failure a meaning. does my failure mean i give up on helping people, or do i try a new way to help people? you see how when decisions pop up in life, you always have to decide what they mean? you always have to ask yourself what the purpose is in performing anything, because if there is no purpose, then there is no reason, there is no meaning, and in the grand scheme of all things, there is no meaning to anything unless you give it meaning. give your life some direction and some meaning by deciding for yourself what your life will mean to the world and to yourself. remember the universe wants nothing from you. it has no purpose for you? why the hell would the universe care about what you do or what you mean? you have no value to the universe, the universe owns everything! how can you stand out then? how can you make yourself valuable? that's what it all boils down to my friend, what will you do to prove your worth?
edit on 9-11-2010 by asperetty because: (i dont like grammar, but its necessary)

edit on 10-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by casijones
While I am spiritual, not religious, I often have that feeling. I'm almost 26 and I have absolutely no clue what I should do with my life. I know a lot of people my age say that, but I'm honestly at a loss. I feel like I have absolutely nothing to offer anyone. I don't have any special talents or ambitions. I've been a waitress the past 6 years because I don't know what else to do.

Wow, I wish I were 26! Really, I do. You have life at the balls. You have energy, your not sick and yeah, you may not like what your doing. But your doing it! You give good greetings to those whom you serve and hopefully get some good tips. It's a step forward. You will eventually have a job that incorporates your interpersonal skills. That's a big plus.

You have a ways too go young one. I'm 44 and sick as dog. Will you wait on me? LOL You will be just fine. You are not where I am. Yet, you do seem somewhat depressed. Give yourself more appreciation. It's hard being a waiter/waitress.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

I'm sorry, but your post was quite difficult to read. Please use paragraphs or separate sentences. I'm sure what you had to say was important, but many of us here can not tolerate full lines without separation. Sincerely, I want to know what you have to say, however it is too difficult to read. Thanx and sorry.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If your condition prevents you from doing the practices found in my next post, here are some words of encouragement and consolation:

Arcanum AZF - Encouragement for the Sick, Elderly etc.

Never in any school of mysteries on this earth, or even on other planets of the infinite, has another path been known that is opposite to or distinct from the path of sex.

If you are already an elderly woman, if you can no longer have sexual contact, if you are already an old man, if you are sick, if you comprehend that your physical vehicle is no longer worthy in order to work with the Arcanum AZF, then you must train yourself for Astral travel, that is to say, you must learn to consciously travel in the Astral Body.

So my child, prepare yourself with concentration, meditation and adoration. Be chaste in thought, word and deed. Comprehend your errors, annihilate not only desire, but even the very shadow of desire. Thus my child, prepare yourself with creative comprehension, and postpone your work with the Arcanum AZF for your future reincarnation.

Are you and old man? Are you and old woman? Are you an invalid? Then do not be disappointed, beloved child. Do not fill yourself with affliction, because in your future reincarnation you can work with the Arcanum AZF, and you will convert yourselves into Gods.

edit on 10-11-2010 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
I am in a position (physically) that wants me to separate from my physical body.

I'm tired of being sick and I'm tired of the hum drum of the world.

There is something in me that says that there is in fact an after life. Please excuse me religionists, but I'm not interested in your point of view. Please don't reply with religion. Spiritualism I will accept.

My time is done in my viewpoint. Not much too offer here to the rest of the world. Yet, I do feel a great pull to something greater than myself. Can not identify the source.

Does anyone else feel this? Is it not ingrained in us to follow or respect something on a much grander scale?

Many people are going through this right now; and both the exoteric orthodox religions, and the many superficial and whimsical "new age" schools, have failed to show humanity how to end our suffering.

Nonetheless, the Esoteric 'Mystery Schools' from ancient times, have always had in their possession the practical steps to attain Self-Realization.

It is just that this humanity's karma is so heavy, that said schools were not allowed to teach these steps openly(if you'll notice for example, the Prophets, Masters, Adepts, etc. were often imprisoned, assassinated, crucified, etc. by the angry mobs).

Here are, if you're interested, some suggestions to get you started on the path that leads to the cessation of suffering:

Pranayama

Pranayama is a system of breath-control that takes the physical sexual fluids and converts them into a more subtle and refined energy, and sends that energy to other parts of the body. This is said to achieve the purpose of putting atrophied glands into activity and the vitalization of the chakras. The sexual energy is the most subtle, yet most potent force in the human body.

Meditation

Meditation is the core practice of any serious Spiritual system. Through it, our consciousness can receive a jolt of high-voltage energy from the depths of our own Being, in order for one's consciousness to awaken and to become more lucid; if it is practiced correctly.

Tibetan Rites of Rejuvenation (Yantra Yoga)

Yantra Yoga is a system of prayer, meditation, healing, and physical-exercise that is for keeping the physical body healthy and energetic enough to practice meditation. It is similar to Hatha Yoga(which is so popular nowadays), but much more profound. It has traditionally been mostly utilized, for the Higher Tantras and the Dzogchen teachings which are the pinnacle of Buddhism.

Viparita-karani Mudra, in particular, is powerful because it floods the brain with high amounts of lymph and blood that the brain is not used to receiving. Swami Sivananda explains that this Asana sharpens all the senses and that it increases one's intellectual capacity. It also helps to transmute the sexual matter into energy.

To get momentum going from a state of inertia is not easy, and is for the most part gradual. But once the momentum gets rolling, you'll be amazed that you were once as you were, and that you are now as you are now, now that the momentum is moving forward with more speed and strength.

There is also a book called The Gnostic Magic of the Runes which gives practices for increasing Will-Power.

On life after death, here is an excellent book that explains the process of the transition from this life to the next, in detail. There are a couple of great books on the Tibetan Bardo teachings and the Khemetian Pert Em Heru, however they are very complex and heavily veiled. The following book by Samael Aun Weor is direct and to the point, and would help one to decipher the teachings found in the Bardo Thodol and Pert Em Heru:

Beyond Death

The above book is four books in one, and three of them are found translated for free online:

The Mysteries of Life and Death

The Book of the Dead

A Talk on the Mysteries of Life and Death

Also:

Tarot and Kabbalah

Do you want to be healed? Then, heal others. Are some of your relatives in jail? Then, exert yourself for the freedom of others. Are you hungry? Then, share your bread with those who are in a worse position than you, etc.

Many people who suffer only remember their bitterness and wish to find a remedy. But, they do not remember the suffering of others; neither do they remotely think of remedying the needs of their neighbors. Their existence in this egotistical state is worthless; so, the only thing that they achieve is the aggravation of their suffering.

If those people would think of others, serve their neighbors, feed the hungry, give a drink to the thirsty, dress the naked, teach those who are ignorant, etc.; then it would be clear, they would be putting good deeds on the plate of the Cosmic Scale. The scale will then incline towards their favor. Thus, they would alter their destiny, and good luck would come in their favor. In other words, all of their necessities would be remedied. But people are very selfish; this is the reason for their suffering. No one remembers God nor their fellowman except when they are in desperation. This is something that the whole world has proven for themselves; thus, this is the state of our humanity.

I still struggle a lot with this. As was explained in the thread linked above, if we just get out there and do something, our perceptions will be shaken; and as they say: "Perception is everything". However, if you have the opportunity to do it, a meditation retreat at home could be what you need the most right now, in order to become centered and more in close contact with your Being.

We have to be consistent with any practice, otherwise we easily revert back to old habits.

And if you feel that your current state could be partly due to emotional or spiritual trauma, the following ritual may help you as well:

Magic of the Roses

May you find what you seek.

edit on 10-11-2010 by Tamahu because: edited text

top topics

join