It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher charged with having sex with 14-year-old student

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
A 23-year-old middle-school teacher was charged with having sex with a 14-year-old student in a classroom, at her apartment and, once, in a vehicle while the teen's 15-year-old cousin drove.

Detectives said that the cousins provided matching statements incriminating Debra Beasley Lafave and that the 14-year-old described Lafave's apartment and her tattoos and birthmarks.

www.cnn.com...

Here we go again. Boy, these teachers just can't keep in their skirts (pants) can they. I guess if you're into this, it's either teaching or priesthood.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hey i am a teacher i teach in kindergarten, i am definately not like this teachers who like doing this kind of thing to their students are sick.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
She looks pretty good...lucky SOB of a Kid....

jk

[Edited on 29-6-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Outstanding! You are indeed to be praised. We have several teachers in our famliy and I see how hard they work at ensureing their students have a good learning experience.

I correct my previously posted statement and clarify it by saying, if you are into this kind of thing (sexual predator of children), you are most likely to succeed in finding a victim if you enter a career in which you deal primarily with children.

By the way, how do you do it? Kinder, they can't sit still.

Well, at least you're not teaching teenagers.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hmmm...no offense drunk, but a drunk teaching kindergarteners?? Thats gotta be a funny site.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Your absolutely right dreamland.

Maybe the kid could go on a tour. Tell everyone how he bagged the big one. Be an inspiration and role model to others.

Well, maybe not.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Dude... I'm sure that kid is the most popular guy in his class. That teacher is hot. Lucky 15 y/o. I'm sure he's not complaining about it.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
Dude... I'm sure that kid is the most popular guy in his class. That teacher is hot. Lucky 15 y/o. I'm sure he's not complaining about it.

Damn Straight.

Its the featured article at the smoking gun also....

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I hope that kid doesn't feel bad... he is relatively lucky, you know!

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm torn on this one. In Grade 10 I had this HOT English teacher, I would have in a second. BUT, I'm a parent now and I'm sorta looking at this woman as a predator. She's GOT to know what her appearance will do to post-pubecent boys, but she's an adult. Looking at her, she can get a date, so why teenage boys? If this were turned around by gender, the teacher would be crucified.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
This happened at my high school this past year...but with a female coach...and a female freshman...lets say it got into a rather sticky situation..if you know what i mean.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I'm torn on this one. In Grade 10 I had this HOT English teacher, I would have in a second. BUT, I'm a parent now and I'm sorta looking at this woman as a predator. She's GOT to know what her appearance will do to post-pubecent boys, but she's an adult. Looking at her, she can get a date, so why teenage boys? If this were turned around by gender, the teacher would be crucified.

Well, if you read the story, it turns out their relationship was a bit more complicated.

This is actually a very common story. Most of these teacher-student incidents, especially among women and boys, seems to start with the teacher having personal problems that she brings upon some student who feels something for her. The relationship just takes off from there.

I think people should use the word predator carefully. Now, I am in no way condoning what she did, she pretty much ruined a kid's life, but lets face it, the boy liked it. He liked what was going on, so I don't understand how she can be called a predator. Again, I think what she did was wrong, but to call her a predator is stretching it too far.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
This happened at my high school this past year...but with a female coach...and a female freshman...lets say it got into a rather sticky situation..if you know what i mean.

WOW....

Oh do please tell me the details!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
I think people should use the word predator carefully. Now, I am in no way condoning what she did, she pretty much ruined a kid's life, but lets face it, the boy liked it. He liked what was going on, so I don't understand how she can be called a predator. Again, I think what she did was wrong, but to call her a predator is stretching it too far.

Would you say the same thing if the teacher had been male?

BTW, I did read it, that has no bearing on an adult engaging in this type of activity with a minor.

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Would you say the same thing if the teacher had been male?

BTW, I did read it, that has no bearing on an adult engaging in this type of activity with a minor.
[Edited on 1-7-2004 by intrepid]

I would've said the same thing. There is a difference between forcing someone to do it and two people doing it on consensus. That doesn't even match the word "predator."

I didn't say it had no bearing, I simply said the story isn't as clear-cut as many of us may want it. We want it to show some cruel, evil person, but it doesn't.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
YUCK

i hate my teachers and they hate me

a science teacher at my school takes girls out to lunch with him sometimes and we have a closed campus :O

i bet hes had sex with some of the students at my school.

but all the other teachers and our principal are either oblivious and some of them just dont care.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Scat,

Same thing happened at my highschool but between a female coach and a male student. The year was 1998 or 1999, methinks. Except for the fact that the coach got pregnant and had the child. I found out the whole story from a friend who's family has close ties with the coach's family (before that, I had only heard bits and pieces about it). I remember the coach too!

We had multiple PE classes going on at the same time in the gym, and she coached the female group. She was blonde, just like this women in the article. Why is it that these female teachers that have "intimate" relations with their students always seem to be blonde? I don't want to generalize here, but that other infamous teacher, Mary Kay Letourneau, had a sexual relationship with her 13 year old student (they even made a tv movie about it) was also blonde. She was even married at the time and had five children (if I recall)! She had two more from the 13 year old.

There must be something wrong with blonde women - its a conspiracy! (sarcasm :-D)

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
That is pretty sick- she is an attractive woman. The question is why a 15 yr old boy?? why not have an affair with a 19 year old boy???

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The real question is why didn't she contact me? I would've knocked boots with her any time.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I read that she did because it was sexually exciting.

and ...

In Marion County, authorities say Lafave had sex with the student in the back of her sport utility vehicle while the cousin drove them around the Ocala area.

That's pretty bad.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join