It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US-China are in a Cold War!!! Let today's events be a WAKE UP CALL.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Some more sources

Now almost 55% of those questioned for Global Times, a state-run newspaper, agree that “a cold war will break out between the US and China”.

China Hawks Demand Cold War on US

US and China in new Cold War over Africa's oil Riches

Most people believe the Cold War ended when the Berlin Wall fell in 1989. But no similar event took place in Asia. As its capabilities have grown, Beijing has become more confrontational within what it sees as the old Cold War alignments. America and its allies must respond in the same context.

Call by US conservatives to get comfortable with "Cold War" allignments"

More on the Resources Question

What worries me is that all the dominoes are set to fall back into a bifurcated world. And the mentalities on both side of the Pacific seem to be growing completely comfortable with a cold-war. Now WE here know that wouldn't be good for either one of us. But since when have common sense and reason prevailed in international relations?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
First of all it is pretty much confirmed at this point that there was no missile launch, it was a commercial airplane.

Second, I highly doubt China wants to go to war with it's cash cow. I also doubt the corporations that control Washington want to lose their $15 a month labor force. Nothing is going to happen.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Good job man.

When I was mentally working on this issue, I broke things down slightly different.

U.S. Allies
Israel
India
Europe (Minus Russia)

China's Allies
Russia
Iran
N. Korea

If you watch how world events are being played out, we will be entering into a Cold War or World War III. Russia supplies Iran with nuclear power, and then they supply China with fighters. China steals U.S. military secrets in the 1990s and 2000s, and then develop their own version of the stealth bomber. N. Korea helps by moving arms around quietly behind the scenes.

Once the United States advertised their success in India (to establish nuclear facilities), an unknown missile launch occurred in the air over California. 'International waters' that boarders Russia and Asia.

How do you pay off a debt to China?
~ You break their economy.
~ You enter into war.

Originally posted by JBOPatrick
Second, I highly doubt China wants to go to war with it's cash cow. I also doubt the corporations that control Washington want to lose their $15 a month labor force. Nothing is going to happen.

What you are missing is that the United States government and its citizens no longer want to be indebted to China.

Just breaking::
China concerns pull U.S. and Australia closer
U.S.-India: A 21st Century Partnership

Obama Presses Hu on Yuan’s Value as Trade Imbalances Divide G-20

edit on 11-11-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I believe that this will occur, any ways to profit from it?

A.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
You don't fight a war with a country sending you enormous amount of cheap goods made with the below the minimum wage labor cost. The US didn't buy goods from Russia when there was a cold war with the old Soviet regime.

I think this thread is nonsense, a pure sour grape. The US and China are so called in symbiotic relations.

Think about the fact that you will have to buy a can opener 20 dollars each and a well made baby crib 900 dollars the next day the war broke out with China. It won't happen. The popular name for such act is called suicide.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

during the cold war US did not buy russian goods. But then US was a strong nation, with a working economy.

nowadays US HAS to buy goods from china, even american computer companies are producing in china.

about the symbiotic relation: for china the US is a good consumer/deliverer of dollars. if the $ looses value this biz aint interesting anymore.
On the other hand both need massive amounts of commodities (energy, steel, etc) so both have huge interest in dominating countries where you can get these commodities. the chinese do it a bit more subtle than the US, nowadays they'r dominating (economically) most of the interesting countries in africa.

see for instance here: news.bbc.co.uk...

In my opinion we are seeing a turf war here, the turf being our little spaceship called earth.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Was wondering why i had a vision of some country invading Hawaii? I still need some more proof b4 pointing fingas. Definately looks like a missile/rocket. Could also have been a ramjet test from underwater U.S. sub by us! I know NORAD knows what happened to it!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

I agree, mostly scare tactics by the big dogs to mess with peoples heads!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Actually China is not so defensive as you imagined,we all can see that they always compromise and avoid conflict on many issues.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Obama turns to Russian diplomacy as Asia trip ends

YOKOHAMA, Japan — President Barack Obama, capping a far-flung trip of mixed results, said Saturday the United States is "here to stay" as a force in Asia and pivoted to Russian diplomacy as a nuclear treaty hung in the balance. In his final hours in Japan, Obama was meeting with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev as the White House scrambled to round up votes for ratification of a nuclear arms pact that the two leaders signed in April. The administration was offering to add billions of dollars for modernizing the U.S. nuclear arsenal to woo Republican support.

Obama offers extra $4.1 billion for nuke arsenal, source says

WASHINGTON — In a bid to win approval of a nuclear arms control treaty with Russia before newly energized Republicans increase their clout in the Senate, the Obama administration is offering to add billions of dollars in funding for the U.S. nuclear arsenal. A congressional aide briefed on the proposed deal said White House officials outlined it to Republican Sen. Jon Kyl, who is seen as the key to winning enough support to ratify the New START treaty. The aide spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to comment.

Wow! Doublespeak?

Even though I truly love you, I am arming my nukes in case you try to kill me?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Discovery Channel : Science Channel: History Channel: have already stated that there is a race for Antarctica and it's resources along with, Africa and South America. Random report's of China popping up off the coast of California and launching missiles, and that's from the MSM!. Tho they don't mention "COld War", they certainly implicate it.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
You can have the Antarctic...Canada will keep the Arctic and the passage way...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join