It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filter thread posts by stars option?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
A filter option would be a lot faster than simply ignoring lower starred posts and moving on. Looking at the missile thread, one day and it's at 65 or so pages. In the past, this wasn't ever that much of an issue since ATS was smaller. It might be something to consider so people can quickly get the gist of a thread and not add old information, or say things that have already been said.

We already have a filter threads by flags option....not so dissimilar to filter posts.

edit on 9-11-2010 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

Some guys get too many stars and some don't get enough. In every long thread, you'll find a member's post that is just fantastic and starless. At times, it could even be bookended by two highly starred posts that aren't as good. A new member without an avatar will get ignored by a lot of guys as they scroll through looking for familiar avatars or a line of stars above a post.

Popularity still packs a punch on ATS which means that the stars don't always reflect great quality or even on-topic posts. Another point is that with all the newer members, I get the impression that starring is out of fashion! Thread after thread with barely a star!

So the filter idea could be considered an option, but it'd segregate a huge proportion of members who deserve the same attention as anyone else around here.

At least, that's how it seems to me.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

why ?? too many people give flags and stars in response to " what they want to hear " - not because the truth or facts have been posted

i will give you an example :

In the thread " why is a chinese radar truck in the US ? "

the person that provided the irrefutable evidence got only 1 star for this post :

this post

and i gave him that

several thread thst contsain nothing but the delusions of the poster get 2 , 3 , 4 , even 5 stars

this post stands out - whoever stared that had not read the two threads that cleared the matter up

why ???????????

my post in that thread gets 5 stars - despite containing far less research and info

edit on 10-11-2010 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well look at some of the mega threads, not 65 pages long over a single day, but hundreds of pages long over months. How are you supposed to get involved with that? I can't read it since it's too long, and I can't post in it. Some threads I hardly touch since there's no way to tackle it.

Instead of starting on page 1 or whatever, and working your way up, you could also start at "12 stars" and work your way down. Where ever you stopped, you could still feel like you hit the main points of a thread. But by going by page number, you really don't know.

top topics

join