It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Part 2 of a terrific debate between Peter Schiff and Robert Prechter over whether their predicted ec

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Excellent discussion on whether the US will suffer from an inflationary spike which will lead to an economic collapse or a deflationary spiral which will lead to a crash.
Personally I’m in the Inflationary camp.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
do you have part 1 ?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

Sorry but no I don’t. I did a few searches but came up short, but I think after watching part 2 you get a pretty good idea of what kind of problem were in.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by murfdog

thanks mate i will c if i can do a search

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
wow, just listened to the whole thing. i really think someone needs to hit the reset button for the world economy, i just dont like to think what that would involve.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by murfdog

Yeah, I'm with Peter on this one.

Since we know with absolute certainty that the US congress will not cut spending, we can say with certainty that eventually when our creditors dry up, the Fed will print.

If the Fed prints, we know inflation will necessarily sky rocket.

Prechter's arguments are ill conceived IMHO.

We may experience bouts of deflation as this unfolds, but the ultimate end game will be Zimbabwe style hyper-inflation baring some miracle of the Christ, such as a balanced budget amendment.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Inflation in commodities and everyday items, deflation in housing and other widely held assets.

I like prechter quite a bit, but it is hard to argue against inflation with all the fed games.

top topics

join