It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Big is Happening. Really Big.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

Doesn't the sun give off gamma rays?
Gee, the sun has been doing this for how long now?
we are being hit by even more gamma rays than usual?

There's moisture in the air, right? And we've been living in air with moisture our entire lives, right? So then...obviously a tsunami is of no concern? It's just "more water than usual" right?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

Thank you for the truth. So, gee,, you worry peoples, it happened already , forget about it. WERE you harmed in any way. Well i have to admitt, you might have got more or less radiation. CANCER ANYONE.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

I guess that is why i said ,"are they saying or not saying", meanning- more or less gamma rays. Obviously more is bad less is good. I like the tsunami exsplanation.
edit on 9-11-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gatorboi117
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5685ce64ddfa.jpg[/atsimg]

"Wow."

That's how Princeton astrophysicist David Spergel summed up the news that will be published Wednesday in The Astrophysical Journal.

Scientists using NASA's Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope said they discovered two bubbles of energy erupting from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. The bubbles extend 25,000 light years up and down from each side of the galaxy and contain the energy equivalent of 100,000 supernova explosions.

As one other poster stated. If we are able to see it then the energy has already reached us or isnt far behind. As far as I know nothing travels faster than the speed of light, at least according to Einstein. Please correct me if im wrong.

Im sorry but I think you are wrong on your time table bud. If we are seeing this now, that is because the gammas and xrays have traveled that far for us to see. This event could have occurred thousands of years ago. Doesnt gamma and xrays have to obide by the same laws of relativity as does light and travel? Please correct me if im wrong.

Original Article

Well, dang. Don't know what to think about this one.

I know that it will take thousands of years for this energy to reach us, but will it have any effect on us when it reaches us? Is there a possibilty of short-term effects somehow? (Short-term, as in only a couple thousand years. We're talking space here.)

Anyway, interesting article for sure! Be sure to read the whole thing.

edit on 9-11-2010 by Shaade because: didnt post

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
if this is true shouldn't we be able to see these emissions with our eyes?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

You know we would not be able to record this, unless it hit us already.I wonder how many more people are being effected by cancer. My neighbor died of cancer and so did my dad.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

NO, you cannot see this with the naked eye. Thus the gamma ray telescope was needed to record the event.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

no we wont. the human eye can only detect a very small range of the visable light spectrum, Gamma and X-ray isnt in that range.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yes, something big, is really happening. It's just the first time we can see it. Things are going as they always do. We will learn more and more as time goes on, it is what we do as a species is all tht matters. The pursuit or wealth and greed, or the pursuit of life and well being and harmony. What side will we choose.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Am I the only one thinking if we can see it it's already here.

Gamma rays happen at the speed of light, so if something is going on in the middle of the galaxy and we can see it, that means whatever emissions, to do with gamma rays, have already hit us.

en.wikipedia.org...

Any form of electromagnetic radiation travels at the speed of light.

With the amount that would be emitted and the itty bitty size of our solar system it would be negligible. But, of course there would be more than normal, and perhaps, maybe, just maybe, it might have an effect on our star or even us.

This could be what's causing global warming.

Pred...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
that's cool, it looks a lot like meiosis to me.

Gamma Rays sound like fun,
cancer?
yeah, but maybe not for the body.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I wonder what telescope/camera produced this photo of this phenomena?
Do we have anything that can view us from that perspective?
Voyagers 1 & 2 are barely reaching the outer edges of our solar system?
I don't know where Cassini is.
This photo is CGI?
Anybody wanna clue me in?
It is awfully pretty though.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
I wonder what telescope/camera produced this photo of this phenomena?
Do we have anything that can view us from that perspective?
Voyagers 1 & 2 are barely reaching the outer edges of our solar system?
I don't know where Cassini is.
This photo is CGI?
Anybody wanna clue me in?
It is awfully pretty though.

Yes, it is computer generated. We have not even gotten close to the edge of our galaxy ... we've acutally only left our solar system a short while ago. This is just a guess of what it would look like.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
i dont know if im right but wouldnt that make the eruption 25,000 years old? so shouldnt the thread title read.. something big happened?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

edit on 11/9/2010 by fixer1967 because: POST DELETED. Some one else already posted it.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hello stars and galaxies fans.

I don't know if those "bubbles" could be used as another
proof of the existance of the black hole in the center of our galaxy ?

Fast moving orbiting stars around it, already did it. . .

Blue skies.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
First of all GammaRayBurst, that was friggin hilarious as far as I see it. And second, your signature bannes kicks rear-end!

Now back on topic. Anyone think that maybe this energy is always eminating from the lcoation, we only recently however calibrated our equipment to see it or recently developed the equipment to do so? Going by the physics mentioned so I am inclined to believe the energy has reaced us, but does not really stop. We will be able to continuet to see it because it is a natural force that has been there from times beginning that we only recently are able technologically to view, and will continue to be viewable until times end (galaxy's destruction,metamorphisis, transformation whatever)?????

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

I think if i was reading corectly this already happened some millions of years ago,what your looking at is what already happened not whats happening to happen.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Please contribute to the existing thread on this topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join