It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs of war parachuted into Taliban land

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Dogs of war parachuted into Taliban land

www.dnaindia.com

British special forces in Afghanistan are parachuting dogs into Taliban strongholds to search buildings for insurgents. The German Shepherds are strapped with video cameras, which relay images to control rooms. At least eight animals have been killed during operations so far.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thestar.com
www.wired.com

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA, what a desperate attempt, what a failure..

This is so embarrassing, well not as embarrassing as the Taliban monkeys with AK47 lol, but still hahahaha

When the world's most powerful force is forced to use dogs for its operation, that is the day when I say ha haaa haaaaa..

This just cracked me up..

Then again, good surveillance technique

One question does come to mind, why didn't they use pigs

Thoughts..

oz

www.dnaindia.com
edit on 9-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Who says they are forced?

One minute you are asking why service men and women have to die for jaded causes in these wars... the next you are laughing at them for finding ways to get the information they need without risking the lives of the service men and women.

Pick a side.

This isn't directed soley at you, good sir. This is for everyone in which it applies. There are many out there.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Modern Americana because: typo

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Actually, sounds like a good plan to me.They also use rats to sniff out landmines. So long as it works, why not?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Modern Americana
Who says they are forced?

One minute you are asking why service men and women have to die for jaded causes in these wars... the next you are laughing at them for finding ways to get the information that need without risking the lives of the service men and women.

Pick a side.

OK, why are dogs dying for a BS cause

I'm on the side of GTFO of Afghanistan. That is the BS cause I'm talking about.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
Actually, sounds like a good plan to me.They also use rats to sniff out landmines. So long as it works, why not?

Why not use elephants as tanks

Reminds me of that movie, you know, the one where Persia VS some imaginary Western 300 FORCE

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Because they have real tanks, and those tanks can't go to the remote locations that the Taliban are...
Pretty simple. Bet you didn't really think that one through. They have people to do what these dogs do, but if they sent in the people (who surely would be killed), you'd be crying about them sending in the people.

They could get out of Afghanistan... but do you know how much the war (any war) helps the arms industry, and subsequently the US economy? Tough fact to grasp but a fact nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

you really should see them in action. Their noses will not be replicated by technology any time soon.

and they win awards and everything. The D Day museum has a whole section on them from WW2, and other conflicts. This is not their 1st airborne rodeo either.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Well since that doesn't look like it is going to happen anytime soon, don't criticize the fact that people, or dogs, are dying over there. Criticize the people in charge for not getting them out.

From what I have seen from your OP in this thread as well as this one, you are hinting at it, but you don't directly come out and say it. Suffice it to say that it is fairly easy for someone like me to misconstrue your beliefs and intentions.

I agree, they shouldn't be there. The soldiers that are dead and are dying shouldn't have ever been there to begin with. Still, I am not cursing the fact that people are dying. People die everyday. I curse the fact that the people that we supposedly elected to represent us are not representing us at all in this instance.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Why not use elephants as tanks Reminds me of that movie, you know, the one where Persia VS some imaginary Western 300 FORCE

Imaginary 300 force? Do you even know your military history at all.......lol that wasnt imaginary that was an actual battle, and the Persians did use elephants in battle, thats where Alexander the Great got the idea from, the were indeed the first "tanks" of their time.

Man has always sought new ideas in warfare, some were great, some were not, but ALL lead to the development of the technology we had today
edit on 9-11-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
reply to post by oozyism

Because they have real tanks, and those tanks can't go to the remote locations that the Taliban are...
Pretty simple. Bet you didn't really think that one through. They have people to do what these dogs do, but if they sent in the people (who surely would be killed), you'd be crying about them sending in the people.

They could get out of Afghanistan... but do you know how much the war (any war) helps the arms industry, and subsequently the US economy? Tough fact to grasp but a fact nonetheless.

But Tanks can also be ambushed, and destroyed and the people inside killed. So why not send elephants

Why not use eagles as helicopters,

Attach lasers in their and cameras in them and let them fly.

By the way, I'm not suppose to be crying about your children dying for a BS cause, you should be

And war doesn't help US economy, if it did, US wouldn't be in this mess right now, US would be thriving, last I checked US started two wars and ended up with an almost collapse of US economy

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The war has nothing to do with the economic problems we face.

It is the people behind the events that STILL plague our economy that are behind it. You know... TPTB...

Wars are actually good for the econony when you are on the right side. Like in WW2, we got out of the Great Depression because we sold weapons and munitions to our allies.

They would have you believe these wars are to blame for our economic woes just to take your eyes away from their hands inside the cookie jar.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!
reply to post by oozyism

you really should see them in action. Their noses will not be replicated by technology any time soon.

and they win awards and everything. The D Day museum has a whole section on them from WW2, and other conflicts. This is not their 1st airborne rodeo either.

A dog VS an Afghan insurgent with AK47.

Who do you think will win.

I'm still confused regarding the real purpose of sending dogs?

I just don't get it/

They have satellites which can see pretty clear, why do you need dogs? Or do they send dogs in to houses?

Can dogs break in to doors?
Still confused.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
HAHAHAHA, what a desperate attempt, what a failure..

This is so embarrassing, well not as embarrassing as the Taliban monkeys with AK47 lol, but still hahahaha

When the world's most powerful force is forced to use dogs for its operation, that is the day when I say ha haaa haaaaa..

This just cracked me up..

Then again, good surveillance technique

One question does come to mind, why didn't they use pigs

Thoughts..

oz

www.dnaindia.com
edit on 9-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

Actually this is exactly what we should be doing.... It's best so that we don't risk human lives.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

they are for IED, and mine detection silly.

and nothing can beat them at sniffing out bombs

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Modern Americana

If you compare the money spent in Afghanistan and Iraq to money gained through arm sales what would you see?

Second line.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hahhahah this made me lol.

Now wait a minute....wasn't there a huge hootenfoogen over the fact that a group of people hooked a donkey up to a para sail over the summer?

So how is it ok to deploy dogs by parachute?

lol

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

In this case you would see a deficit, but not trillions of dollars worth.

The wars are not to blame for our economy.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Modern Americana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!
reply to post by oozyism

they are for IED, and mine detection silly.

and nothing can beat them at sniffing out bombs

Really :

the dogs are strapped to the chest of their handlers. The cameras are attached to their heads to feed back images of buildings and surrounding areas. The dogs are trained to attack armed people.

Why would you send dogs alone to sniff out IEDs, what is the point of that? IEDs can easily be moved to different locations, they are cheap, they are flexible, made at home.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Ok. I think it's time you brush up on military history...
I'm not expert but I know that humans have been using animals in war throughout history. Horses (Mongol Empire), elephants (Persia), dogs (you ever play Call of Duty
), carrier pigeons (at least since WWI)... Now in this war we are using dogs and rats. It's not far-fetched or desparate.

It's the smart thing to do. Did you know that those rats can smell landmines in a fraction of the time of detectors? Why not use the most appropriate and efficient tools at your disposal?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join