It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spitzer on CNN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
At first I was reluctant to watch this show because I felt it would be yet another show of political hacks. One from the right and one from the left. 90% of the show is political hacks but I am impressed by that Spitzer guy. Hes not even a journalist but in an interview with Rand Paul, he kept control of the interview and made Rand Paul look like an idiot. Other news casters need to take note because because Spitzer didnt let this newb senator push him around on his show. Rand Paul just dodged the issue and finally a reporter called out a politician on their OWN SHOW!!!!

GO SPITZER!!!! I ohpe this is the future of broadcast journalism and much better to watch then the other political hacks like Rachel Maddow. I would say Keith Olbermann but MSNBC wised up and realized that liberals are destsroying our country and finally made up a reason to show him the door. Thank god we have a few journalists left like Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity who can deliver the hard hitting news we need while speaking truth to power.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

You do realize that Spitzer is a liberal hack.

Would you like me to post some video where he totally loses control of the narrative. Watched the first three shows, will no longer even give him the time of day. I watch Mathews, Maddow and Olbermann to get the view of the liberal media. They are synonymous with all the others, attempts to foment their viewpoints by controlling the narrative. At least the others have had experience enough to not make it so blatant.

Also the ATTEMPT to frame Parker as a conservative voice, is laughable. Funny how she just bobs her head in total acquiescence, to almost all Spitzer's assertions. I know of 20 members here on the liberal side that would make Spitzer look like an idiot in comparison. They at least attempt to further their position without attacking ad homs and other fallacy techniques.

This will be another bomb by CNN.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I don't watch TV much, but when I see Spitzer I'm impressed, to a degree. He might have screwed up a few times in this new profession of his, but I didn't see much of it. He's focused and sharp.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

You do realize that Spitzer is a liberal hack.

Would you like me to post some video where he totally loses control of the narrative. Watched the first three shows, will no longer even give him the time of day. I watch Mathews, Maddow and Olbermann to get the view of the liberal media. They are synonymous with all the others, attempts to foment their viewpoints by controlling the narrative. At least the others have had experience enough to not make it so blatant.

Also the ATTEMPT to frame Parker as a conservative voice, is laughable. Funny how she just bobs her head in total acquiescence, to almost all Spitzer's assertions. I know of 20 members here on the liberal side that would make Spitzer look like an idiot in comparison. They at least attempt to further their position without attacking ad homs and other fallacy techniques.

This will be another bomb by CNN.

Wait wait, I thought Spitzer was the republican hack???? NOT a liberal! where is this liberal stuff coming from? I mean Spitzer bought the hookers and lost his job, thats not what liberals do. Besides Parker is a woman, politics are very important to the american way of life and require certain skills not to sound sexist but lets be honest noone listens to a woman in politics look at Hillary Clinton and Sara Palin or that Girl from Delaware who accused the entire state of being witches.
edit on 9-11-2010 by tigpoppa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I should quit using labels and boxes, I should rather use more descriptive parameters.

When I reference liberals, what I really mean is statists that think the government is the answer to all the problems of the world.

When I reference conservative, what I really mean is people that want government out of their lives.

Oh, and both sides have vile criminals. Funny how a media conglomerate can just forgo the obvious problems with Spitzer. Besides the fact that he reminds me of O' Reilly, someone that attempts to win an argument by talking over the opposing viewpoint, I find his pseudo intellectual view point to be exactly that. Pseudo.

He is a statist, just like all the other statists. I hate control freaks.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I should quit using labels and boxes, I should rather use more descriptive parameters.

When I reference liberals, what I really mean is statists that think the government is the answer to all the problems of the world.

When I reference conservative, what I really mean is people that want government out of their lives.

Oh, and both sides have vile criminals. Funny how a media conglomerate can just forgo the obvious problems with Spitzer. Besides the fact that he reminds me of O' Reilly, someone that attempts to win an argument by talking over the opposing viewpoint, I find his pseudo intellectual view point to be exactly that. Pseudo.

He is a statist, just like all the other statists. I hate control freaks.

Sounds like your making things up. I never heard of a statist. Not only that I dont care and your point makes no sense to be honest on what a conservative it. Their in politics and you think they want no government YET THEY MAKE THEIR LIVING OFF the government. Your logic eludes me and seems most dumb that you would actually believe that a politician who relies on the government for a living wants less government. Thats just an oxy moron. So is this spitzer guy a lib or a con? I pegged him for a con because he sleeps with other women and he got thrown out of office for having strong views not to mention he is smart. O'reilly I like because he yells at people because they have no leg to stand on with their erroneous and fake arguments, someone has to stop the spin! Few others dare to speak truth to power in the renegade manner with which Bill O'reilly does a true revolutionary.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Do not get me wrong, I believe in most of O' Reilly's positions, I just find the way he conducts his interviews with those of the opposing viewpoint, to be synonymous with the way Spitzer does.

Oh, and just because you do not like the way I define a true conservativism, does not make it sooooo.

And your attempt to label Spitzer as a conservative, just reiterates the point I was trying to make, that true conservatism, is a lost truth in LSM.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Do not get me wrong, I believe in most of O' Reilly's positions, I just find the way he conducts his interviews with those of the opposing viewpoint, to be synonymous with the way Spitzer does.

Oh, and just because you do not like the way I define a true conservativism, does not make it sooooo.

And your attempt to label Spitzer as a conservative, just reiterates the point I was trying to make, that true conservatism, is a lost truth in LSM.

I would say with anything there are varying degrees of right and left. Personally I always thought he was a rightie. Am I wrong? From what I saw tonight he seemed conservative and not liberal. He wanted to see the budget cuts that Rand Paul was lying about and called him out on it. To me that is conservative??? Liberals typically are unamerican and lets face it Spitzer served his country and stood up to power like a true patriot in that interview by not bowing down to the power elites in Washington hijacking the republican party and the heart of america.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

This is just one example. The media is more or less a pusher of the government agenda, unless of course it is ANYONE that is against bigger government.

There are a few, O' Reilly is not one of them. I believe him to be a Neo Con. Just like Hannity. I am not a standard conservative. I believe in US defense, not world defense.

Here is one of the clips I am referencing, there are others. I get 95% of my information not through interpretation, but through the very words of those I discuss.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Arghhhh I cant see the video I hit play and it says the video is removed or something. Oreilly is too old to be a neo con. The neo cons are the teabaggers who hate the american way of life and are trying to tear down and reshape the republican party which is the last enclave of freedom fighters in our once great nation. In my view conservatives only want to use the light of liberty to shine freedom across the world Like president george bush did to teach other cultures about the values of capitalism and freedom. If we dont teach them freedom then their intolerance for our freedom will cause them to attack us out of the fear of the unknown. Since 9-11 thatnks to the policies of president bush we have not had one more attack on us soil. In a recent interview he said though an attack is imminent, I am not surprised now that tea baggers are in power that we get attacked again because they dropped the ball on national security and are too focused on other things that noone cares about.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Are you REALLY afraid of an attack?

Hey, there is one thing I will give Bush, he kept the enemies at bay. BUT, I will give the relevance of the argument about our position to be a composite possibility.

If anyone does not, they are talking politically instead of strategically.

I have this inherent problem though, I have this old school mentality, anyone that attacks the SOVEREIGN country known as the united States of America, should expect the ENTIRE force of our military might.

Now, this does NOT include staying there, like Bush and OBAMA.

You know the guy, that used Bush as his rallying cry and COMPLETELY followed the Bush Doctrine and actually enhanced it.

Funny how the Dems would campaign against Bush, and then adopt every single component and actually accelerate others.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I cant see that video but I am still pretty sure this Spitzer guy is a conservative. Yea bush was great lets hope his brother runs because with the way our country is going there is only one cure for the cancer known as the democrats and neocon teabaggers who have taken over and that is another Bush.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
To be honest when I first heard of a show called Parker and Spitzer I thought it was a Cinemax Friday night naughty movie ... considering his past it would also make for a good biography title.

But seriouslyyyyyyy ...

Funny name aside I can't imagine any of these shows providing anything useful other than observing how the msm goes about shilling out divisive talking points.

Is this actually worth watching?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Well, if you want to see what they are shilling.

IMO, that is about it. It goes for everyone of the MSM shills. What is it that they are pushing?

The only ones I truly listen to are those that ask me to do my own investigation.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

reply to post by schrodingers dog

Well, if you want to see what they are shilling.

IMO, that is about it. It goes for everyone of the MSM shills. What is it that they are pushing?

The only ones I truly listen to are those that ask me to do my own investigation.

This is why to have civil discourse you dont speak to the hacks in the lame stream media. Sara Palin is a real crusader by standing up to these liberal news outlets by not giving them the ratings they need to keep from going bankrupt. Instead she chooses Fox a network that dares to tell the truth that main street america wants to hear. Too often the news is filled with un-american ideals and communist values as part of an indoctrination for our children through outlets like CNN and MSNBC that bow down to obama and embrace the destruction of the american way of life. Fox news speaks out against this with hosts like Glenn Beck who can break things down scientifically and prove that the left is simply trying to turn back the clock and throw us into the cultural dark ages where there are no morals just to get rid of our rights to be christian and worship the one true god.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Paul vs Spitzer CNN video

Spitzer does a good job of holding Rand Paul accountable for his words. For one, I see Rand as a hypocrite. He says he's for cuts "across the board" and then when asked about specifics, he drowns that statement in a cloud of "ifs" and "elses". Bottom line, says he wants to cut everything, then he says doesn't want to cut Medicare, when pressed further by Spitzer he explains the measures which in fact do cut medicare. Go figure.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
i really dont like any of the msm news stations.....full of junk....watching msm and any tv is like doing a mind swipe over time...

ahhh buddha beat me to the vid with the quickness
cept i think rand powned spitzer not the other way around

Rand Paul "Your Personal Agenda Is Getting In The Way Of You Being A Good Broadcaster"

edit on 10-11-2010 by Funkydung because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I believe Spitzer was railroaded out of his position because he actually cared about attacking the fraud on Wall Street, so he is one of the few libs that I have some modicum of sympathy for.

I view him similar to a Dennis Kucinich, grossly misguided in his views of economics and liberty, but at least he is ideologically principled.

Like most libs, he thinks he can make society better by using violence against the innocent.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
Thank god we have a few journalists left like Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity who can deliver the hard hitting news we need while speaking truth to power.

Ah, yes, thank God for Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity!
That's a good one!

By the way, Olbermann went back to work last night.

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Funny name aside I can't imagine any of these shows providing anything useful other than observing how the msm goes about shilling out divisive talking points.

Nailed ! None of that stuff is worth watching. The only reason to watch is to have your opinions stroked by someone on TV.

Sorry I don't have anything to say about Spitzer except that he seemed to ask Paul the hard questions and hold his feet to the fire, which is what needs to happen to all of our politicians.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think the poster is using sarcasm.

I have been looking over the posts, I think he is using overboard generalizations to further a point.

I may be wrong. I may be right. Notice neither says I am left.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join