It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About the late feelings of anxiety on ATS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Recently there has been quite a few threads on ATS calling posters that have felt strange lately. In those threads there are many kind of posts, others sensible and some not. Anyway, there may be quite logical explanation for the feelings of anxiety...

Some human beings pervceive the world emotionally rather than logically. These feeling / intuition type people can actually sense the "vibes" that travels in our collective culture - not all of them of course, because many are deceived by their own fantasies, hopes, egoes...

Anyways, the current feeling of anxiety, hope, fear whatever, may be somekind of disturbance in our collective consciousness, which we all are part of, for example through our culture. Think for example an artist who paints distressing pictures in troubled times. There is something in the air, so to speak, which sensitive people can feel. Of course, it may be that nothing ever happens, but there are examples of such cases, where their intuition have had a hunch or more.

So I think that through the mass mediated doom and gloom (troubles everywhere, because troubles are what people and media pay most attention) may be one of the causes of this anxiety. Some people are hopeful, other trustful and some are like towncries who scream for decay.

Whatever the case, I wouldn't dismiss all this as total nonesense, but rather as a symptom of our collective consciousness. And also remember, when enough people starts acting on those feelings, it becomes reality.. Whatever that will be. Others are waiting for disclosure, others wait for the return of the King, others apocalypse, some NWO final takeover or all out WW3... But all preceding are more or less coloured by hopes&fears, and it is clear without saying that some of the events are exlusive in relations with other SHTF scenarios.

But still, there's anxiety and which side the scales will descent may be revealed in few years or decades. Or there is the possibility that nothing really happens - same # over every day

-v

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
Recently there has been quite a few threads on ATS calling posters that have felt strange lately. In those threads there are many kind of posts, others sensible and some not. Anyway, there may be quite logical explanation for the feelings of anxiety...

Some human beings pervceive the world emotionally rather than logically. These feeling / intuition type people can actually sense the "vibes" that travels in our collective culture - not all of them of course, because many are deceived by their own fantasies, hopes, egoes...

Anyways, the current feeling of anxiety, hope, fear whatever, may be somekind of disturbance in our collective consciousness, which we all are part of, for example through our culture. Think for example an artist who paints distressing pictures in troubled times. There is something in the air, so to speak, which sensitive people can feel. Of course, it may be that nothing ever happens, but there are examples of such cases, where their intuition have had a hunch or more.

So I think that through the mass mediated doom and gloom (troubles everywhere, because troubles are what people and media pay most attention) may be one of the causes of this anxiety. Some people are hopeful, other trustful and some are like towncries who scream for decay.

Whatever the case, I wouldn't dismiss all this as total nonesense, but rather as a symptom of our collective consciousness. And also remember, when enough people starts acting on those feelings, it becomes reality.. Whatever that will be. Others are waiting for disclosure, others wait for the return of the King, others apocalypse, some NWO final takeover or all out WW3... But all preceding are more or less coloured by hopes&fears, and it is clear without saying that some of the events are exlusive in relations with other SHTF scenarios.

But still, there's anxiety and which side the scales will descent may be revealed in few years or decades. Or there is the possibility that nothing really happens - same # over every day

-v
yea that....or they have been spending too much time on conspiracy sites

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I am feeling same as normal, still speaking out against teh police and uk gov who haressed me non stop for 18 years and counting.

I am still the same, and people should just ignore those date threads period.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

I think it is a function of information overload combined with the very real and very dire situation that many of us, these days, find ourselves in. Our financial and employment situation is untenable presently and all the catch phrases and incomplete governmental "statistics" aren't fooling us.

For example, citing unemployment statistics only upon the number of people currently receiving benefits. Obviously there are many, many people who exhausted their benefits and still don't have work.

Add this to the unending hyperbole of partisan advertising / news patronage / scare tactics in the new era of "shock jock" journalism.... It's a recipe for people to be stressed.

Let them then, while seeking knowledge and information, Google a few key words... and viola.. they are suddenly exposed to a Universe of opinion, lies, misunderstanding, and rhetoric on the Conspiracy sites and the blogosphere. This is enough to push them over the edge.

Once the newer folks live through their twenty or thirtieth "OMG IT'S ALL OVER!!!! GAME OVER MAN!!!!" thread or article... most will figure out that it's hyperbole.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Might be. Although I haven't been inflicted with anxiety in my few years stay on the board

I am looking the world pretty content. But I do see lot of things happen around. But how else could it be, since all is only motion

-v

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I find this interesting because a "culture clash" is unfolding on ATS. The more experienced posters have come from one era, and there are a flood of new posters who are much younger (for the most part, I think) and think in a different way. It's almost a generational or era chage of sorts.

A lot can be said about this. For example, I'd say that anyone who has been trafficing in conspiracy-related stuff for 5-10 years or longer (to pick an arbitrary number) did it in a culture that heaped them with scorn and riducle. They were always a minority, a hidden and esoteric group derided as whakos by the straight world. Now, basically since the economy went t-up in '08, we live in a very different world where doom is rapidly becoming much more mainstream. The people who are newly coming to conspiracy have a different outlook and relationship to the whole thing.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I don't bother with predictions either. And I don't subscribe into any beliefs either. Just watching the show, while I might enjoy it. Just brought up the possibility that all this fuss may have something behind it...

-v

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Probably has lot do with media (information overload), I agree. But maybe I am emotionally dead or invalid, because I hoard information, live in poverty and am still quite content

-v
edit on 9-11-2010 by v01i0 because: 2282

top topics

join