It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Internet, a tool used for a greater conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
When my parents and grandparents were growing up (1-20 years of age) they had there families, neighbors, friends and schoolmates. Communication was difficult there were no cell phones, internet, pen pals were a novelty. TV and radio was pretty infantile by even the standards of the 80's & 90's, no cable and MTV even played music back then in '81. The newspapers gave everyone the outside world news, but even these reports were slow. Traditions and values were transfered due to proximity, we were not connected, we were for the most part isolated in value structures revolving around our 'circle of peers'.
Now 2010, the internet has changed how we as humans do just about everything. Business, news, politics, religion, social endeavors, education the whole world is at our fingertips. I never would have thought 20 years ago I would have friends and acquaintances all over the world in cultures and places I haven't even heard of. Our children growing up now no longer are isolated by proximity, they are connected, the new 'circle of peers' is the Earth and all who are on it.
As individuals and communities mix (though this may take awhile) we are becoming more and more homogenized. Cultures & continents are slowing merging into one race, one society. We pick up traditions and values from across the globe from infinite sources. Being human we tend to imitate what we like, making these new found traditions and values our own. Inevitably we are all going to merge into a uniform global society. Yeah there will be political wars and religious wars and race wars, but these wars will have winners, winners that will now become dominant traits in our global face. Eventually those dominant forces that are left will assimilate each other becoming one also.
No other movement in history has unified the world as drastically as the internet has. The Roman & Chinese Empire, the religious crusades, nothing comes close, yet the same ultimate goal is being achieved - a unified world, a one world government or should I say it now NWO.
I personally don't subscribe to the NWO conspiracy, I am not saying I don't believe it could be true, I just haven't seen anything but circumstantial evidence to back up many of the claims. But if I did believe whole heartedly this NWO was happening I would see the internet as its greatest weapon.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
ah, the great relics of the past.
Rome never died, Godzilla may have drifted on to another island, but The Main Goal is still breathing. I agree, imagine if the world became a police state, and the only ones who had internet access were the Gestapo.

"Hey Oleg, what is this building 342?"
"Let me Google it, yah?"

The World is a Data Mule for The Man.
We are helping them to build their Information Empire.
And we are doing it with smiles on our faces.

Good topic

new topics

join