It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The JC / ET Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Jesus Christ Supernatural

An extraterrestrial interpretation is not made to belittle Jesus or his followers in any way, but represents him in an advanced personification in the universe.

There has been increased speculation that the being known as Jesus of Nazareth or Jesus Christ was different than what the New Testament of the Christian Bible described. Traditional Christians believe that Jesus was born of a virgin mother, performed miracles, founded the Church, rose from the dead and ascended into heaven, from which he will return. Most Christian scholars today present Jesus as the awaited Messiah and as God, arguing that he fulfilled many Messianic prophecies of the Old Testament.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So, what is your (or your source's) JC / ET theory? We can assume that you are trying to advance the idea of Jesus being ET in origin, but all we can do is assume from your post. The quote isn't sourced, and contains nothing to suggest an ET origin or even connection...

So, what is the ET angle you're going for?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Jesus was not the one descibed in the emmanuel book, or where ever and he went to india, lol.

The jesus was the one from the bible.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well, if you believe the mormons, Jesus is from the planet Kolob.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
as for being raised catholic, i always felt like the whole religion didn't quite make sense. (used to bug out my CCD teachers lol) Upon future speculation, i came to the same conclusion as the OP. (think about his famous miracles and rising from the dead supposedly). then my thoughts were cemented when i started watching "ancient aliens" on history recently!

an excerpt from Peter Griffin's christmas special "oh no here comes jesus, and he doesn't look too happy"

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
My next question is, "if jesus is an ET, and he is coming back (soon), should we trust him. I certainly don't trust TPTB, and they seem to just love the guy. If they like him so much, maybe we should be wary. something to think about.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I think that if you were given a dictionary that only had the words that were used in the time that the bible was written then you too would describe a beam of light or a laser coming from a UFO as a pillar of fire. The book of Enoch has many descriptions of what he saw and if you were to update it with words that we use now, you would be describing a space ship from Star Trek right down to the jail cells with the laser field as a door.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Strange thread, started with a really non event post and not followed up?

As far as I'm concerned there's plenty of evidence from ancient drawings going back as far as cave paintings that someone was coming here, whether this was then evolved into the Jesus Idea I doubt. I believe that other earlier gods and visions do have origins from possible visits but the Jesus thing I think is purely a creation that served and still today serves a certain set of peoples wishes.

The carvings and drawing from all over history showing flying vehicles and helmeted peoples are far more convincing to me of a visiting race than there is to me of a person called Jesus.

But yet as always you are considered a nut case to dare go against the word of god...

Sigh, I wish people would open their minds more to what IS out there..

top topics

join