It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mustard for burns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'm not really sure where to put this so I'm putting it here. A long time ago, my sister in law went camping with her friends. One of her friend's kids fell in the fire. They pulled him out and put mustard on the burns. The burns didn't blister or anything. It also eased the pain. I don't know how it works but it does. I think maybe the vinegar but could be something else. It has to be regular yellow mustard and you have to put it on immediately. Not sure how it would work for second degree or worse, though. In that case, I'd go to a hospital. First degree, though, yeah, use it for that. At any rate, if you don't have aloe, mustard would be a good substitute.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
tumeric is good for almost everything to do with the body. Look it up, it's been known and PROVEN to fight against cancer, it's the main ingredient in mustard.

Camping, fire, and mustard...
Ah,
Now I want hot dogs!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Dang, wish I'd known this when I accidently poured an entire kettle of boiling water over my left boob. That hurt

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Tumeric, huh? That might be what causes it to work. Interesting. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

That's a bad place to get burned. I bet that didn't feel good at all.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA
Dang, wish I'd known this when I accidently poured an entire kettle of boiling water over my left boob. That hurt

OUCH! Now that sounds like it hurts.

Hmm, so I have not heard of this before... I too wonder if maybe the vinegar in there has to do with it. For example, don't they put vinegar on jelly fish stings? Or is that just one of those urban myth type deals?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

They do, in fact, put vinegar on jellyfish stings. Also, meat tenderizer, and frequently human urine is suggested. I personally believe that one was created at a beer bash somewhere and thereafter perpetuated by men who............ NEVERmind.

Additional health claims made of mustard

and more

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Thanks for the additional information. I didn't know it had other uses. Those links were great. I wonder how you use it for aches and pains.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
When I was a kid I fell with a glass cup in my hand and my mother put the inside of an egg shell on it like a band aid, and put in near the oven, it closed up the wound like stitches. Ive been doing it ever since then. Ive tried it with a burn and I let it sit for a while and peeled it off, the same results without the wait.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

You mean the skin on the inside? I've never heard of that one. I ought to try that next time I'm cut.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

Yes. Sorry, I thought I wrote it, the skin on the inside can cover almost anything, and after drying, peels right off.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Thanks. I also heard that cobwebs and tobacco work for cuts, too. A friend told me a long time ago that his grandma put sugar on one of his cuts and it stopped the bleeding.

new topics

top topics

join