Patriot Guard: 1 Westboro Baptist Church: 0

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
WBC is at it again, protesting soldiers funerals, this time they were drowned out by True Americans and the Patriot Guard.
WBC went to go protest at a funeral for a soldier that died in action, and the city turned out and blocked them completely from being seen OR heard. After TWO MINUTES, these slimebags gave up and left.
Score one for True Americans!
Before you post that you agree with them, the WBC, DONT, noone really cares to hear it, theyre NOT a church, they are a bunch of slimy lawyers twisting the Constitution and First Amendment to their liking, to preach hate and evil.
If we had LESS people like that around, the world MAY be a nicer place

video.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Fred Phelps is gonna sue!!!! Because that's what he does!

Now for the opinion phase of this post. Good for these folks. Phelps is a disease, scourge, blight, abomination, monster, idiot, maniac, scumbag.

See... Now he can sue both of us!

~Heff

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I vehemently disagree with their actions, but it is their right to free speech, as abhorrent as it is. The great part is the support shown for the soldiers' families. A change to American foreign policy would go a long way in helping this issue, along with a host of others. It's great to see the people band together to spoil the nutjobs' fun.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I love this! They came in, took ALL the parking places and peacefully blocked the ninnys from being seen! Now, if only more towns would follow this example...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'll bet no person who posts in this thread has acutally heard what the Westboro Church has to say. I was against them, until I listened to them. They will go down in history as the only group to speak out in a truly Chirstian and American way. Yes, they are nuts, but the message they are sending is the truth. Have a listen to them.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Are you out of your FRIKKIN MIND????? What truth are they saying, where does it say ANYWHERE that God hates America and the other vile things they say?
Show me ONE PLACE it says this, and I will retract EVERYTHING I have said about them
Show me ONE VERSE

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Really???

Really???

REALLY???

I think I feel a deep and compelling need to utterly disagree. And to bathe.

~Heff
edit on 11/9/10 by Hefficide because: photobucket faux paus

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Regardless of whether their private services or dogma is correct or incorrect, the fact is that these people who claim to worship the same God as I - a God of love and forgiveness, go out to military funerals with the intention to disrupt, sow dissent and otherwise harm what should be a sober, reverent farewell to a child, spouse and parent.

I wouldn't care if they were the only voices speaking out against puppy kicking, choosing to disrupt the funeral of someone you stood against in life is not only wrong, it's cowardly and TRAUMATIZES the family. How is that practice defendable morally? It's not.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Dive a little deeper than just reading the signs. I do disagree with what they have to say about homosexuals. The rest of what they say is what Jesus would say. The truth is very hard to handle.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Dive a little deeper than just reading the signs. I do disagree with what they have to say about homosexuals. The rest of what they say is what Jesus would say. The truth is very hard to handle.

You know what else Jesus said? "Let he who has no sin, cast the first stone."

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Good!

I hope Fred chokes on the dissapointment.

These people have made a farce of religion and is just more proof that extremism exists on both sides of the isle.

I agree it's their right to free speech, but we have to be honest here. There IS an appropriate time for things, and a soldier's funeral is NO place for that kind of protest.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
How many members are in this church? Do they ever hold funerals/memorial services --?? Catch my drift?
Do unto others.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I believe someone asked you to provide some scripture that backs up your claims about the WBC.
Instead of telling someone to dig deeper, I ask you to provide some evidence.

When you say that you disagree about their stance on homosexuality, I think we are all in agreeance about that. But I will also ask you, what truth is hard to handle?

Where in the Bible does it say that God hates homosexuals as their url states
Westboro Website

and before some says that it was not the church that registered the site, here is the who is info on it

Domain Name: GODHATESF@GS.COM
Registrant:
Westboro Baptist Church
PO BOX 1886
Topeka, KS 66601-1886
US

who is info

yes i did edit the name of their site so not to get flagged for content
edit on 9-11-2010 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Umm, I don't want to support the other guy, but Sodom and Gomorrah is some evidence. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Can we not put them and some muslim extremists in an arena to fight to the death. The victor wins a bullet to the brain....and a cookie.
edit on 10-11-2010 by Pryde87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

What message of theirs is it that you support? At least have the courage to point it out to us, otherwise you come off as a homophobic hate monger.

At what point did Jesus ever preach hatred? How can you possibly think that Jesus would give a big thumbs up to what they are doing?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I am not a Jesus freak and I don't agree with all these nuts have to say. I did read the bible and according to what I have read, this is the only group standing up for Christian principles. Jesus hated the way religion was sold in the market and he trashed the place, he did it with great hatred. People are appauled at how these nuts protest a funeral but when a child gets intentionaly shot in the face by an antitank round , they just say it is part of war. The religious contempt is in the wrong place. Nobody argues with them effectively and they just start spewing insults. I decided to side with them after an interview I saw on NBC, but I can't find it.
In order to move toward the middle, someone has to push way to the left, and they are doing it. God Bless the courage they have to stop the war. American religious doctine has been on the side of war, and this needs to change. Maybe 10 or 20 people in the whole world will change their view of these nuts like I did. Sorry if my opinion angers 99.9% of the world, but I gotta speak the truth, it is part of my religion.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

you again failed to answer the question so your comments have NO merit

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This church is like a terrorist group. All they do is terrorize people "legally" with hateful and misinformed "free speech". How do these people not get charged for hate crimes? Are they somehow diplomatically immune or above the basic human rights and laws?

God says Love thy neighbor, and treat others the way you want to be treated.

What give the church the right to be so judgmental? God only has the right to judge a person... because we are all made in his image, and we all have free will.
edit on 10/11/2010 by InnerTruths because: spelling

top topics

join