It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Common Medical Procedures That Secretly Aren't Worth It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Here's an article that details 5 common medical procedures to try to avoid unless absolutely necessary. Sometimes it's about making money and others just to shut the patient up.

#5. CT Scans
#4. Physical Examinations
#3. Circumcision
#2. C-sections
#1. Antibiotics

To find out why, follow the link below

5 Common Medical Procedures That Secretly Aren't Worth It

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
My wife hates guys when guys have a foreskin. So I would say it was worth it, since she is my soul-mate!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I had a CT Scan when I was younger. It wasn't that. I had to drink about half a gallon of medicine mix with water before the scan. Turns out I pulled a muscle.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a CT scan saved my life, this article is crap. Oh wait, its just cracked.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jameshawkings

#5. CT Scans-Found a blood clot in my fathers head, saved his life
#4. Physical Examinations- Found out I had polyps at the ripe age of 22
#3. Circumcision- Matter of personal opinion
#2. C-sections- Saved my wife and my 2nd son during a very bad pregnancy
#1. Antibiotics- Cleared up a bone infection I had, Had an IV in my arm for 3 months

I think that article is total BS. Granted some doctors may use the stuff to rake in big money but I personally think that these things are worth it.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet
a CT scan saved my life, this article is crap. Oh wait, its just cracked.

That's good to hear! It is easy to track the successes of the CT scan but difficult to be aware of all the unneccessary cancers that have been caused. A CT scan does far more damage to DNA than an X-ray, and notice how the doctor/dentist goes out the room when he gives you an X-ray

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhadamanthus

#5. CT Scans-Found a blood clot in my fathers head, saved his life
#4. Physical Examinations- Found out I had polyps at the ripe age of 22
#3. Circumcision- Matter of personal opinion
#2. C-sections- Saved my wife and my 2nd son during a very bad pregnancy
#1. Antibiotics- Cleared up a bone infection I had, Had an IV in my arm for 3 months

I think that article is total BS. Granted some doctors may use the stuff to rake in big money but I personally think that these things are worth it.

From my own research I can say that CT Scans do a lot of damage to our DNA, so we do have to be careful as to how we use them. Antibiotics do a lot of damage, they kill all the good bacteria in our bodies as well as the bad. It takes a year for all the good bacteria to return and they were there for a reason. It's another one that's hard to track e.g. someone goes down with cancer after many years of overusing antibiotics, but it is never documented. Circumcision mainly takes pleasure away from a male and causes pain at the time, but apart from that it doesn't cause health issues. C-sections are overused and can cause problems in future pregnacies due to the blood supply being damaged. Most people believe C-sections don't cause damage other than a scar. As for Physical Examinations, that one could certainly go up for debate

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I am not trying to start a war so please don;t take any of this personally. I understand what you are saying but sometimes bad things might be necessary to live.

The antibiotics in my case did hurt me. They destroyed my digestive system to some degree. the doctors prescribed more medicine that did not seem to do anything when one day I got a wild hair up my arse and went to a Chinese doctor and they were able to fix me up rather quickly drinking tea made out of stuff that makes you literally want to vomit when you smell it.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhadamanthus

I am not trying to start a war so please don;t take any of this personally. I understand what you are saying but sometimes bad things might be necessary to live.

The antibiotics in my case did hurt me. They destroyed my digestive system to some degree. the doctors prescribed more medicine that did not seem to do anything when one day I got a wild hair up my arse and went to a Chinese doctor and they were able to fix me up rather quickly drinking tea made out of stuff that makes you literally want to vomit when you smell it.

Hi Rhadamanthus (I didn't take it personally no worries, it's just a discussion)

The more I research the Pharms and the Medical Profession the more evidence I find that it's almost as corrupt as the banks. There are still good people there, some who are aware of what's going on and there are also the good ones who have been tricked by the fake tests to prove a drug/vaccine is effective or safe when the tests were not independent. They then prescribe the drugs or recommend the vaccines genuinely believing they are safe and effective.

Most of those vaccines and drugs are just there for money but at the same time they are causing people a lot of harm, when this occurs generally they will say it was a coincidence and that there was another reason behind behind the death/disability.

The other day my pregnant wife went to see a midwife who advised her on painkillers "Don't take Ibuprofen, Aspirin, but it's fine to take Paracetomol". Without needing to do any research I told her immediately "Do not take Paracetomol during pregnancy" on the basis that it's completely unnatural so could cause harm to an unborn child, just because no one has done the study yet and worked out what it's doing doesn't mean it's safe. Then 2 days later on the front page of BBC News an article warns "New Study shows Paracetomol is dangerous for pregnant women". Why is it that they were not using common sense like me in the first place? Money, Paracetomol makes a huge amount of money and the makers will say "Prove to us it's not safe on pregnant women" rather than "We'll show you it's safe".

In reality Paracetomol should not be on the shelves at all, it's put more people on the liver transplant list than Alcohol, some of the victims didn't even take an overdose. Instead the powers are trying to ban Vitamin C.

edit on 9-11-2010 by jameshawkings because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join