It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "good" Rev. Phelps and his pack of sycophants get a comeuppance.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
video.

To say this is well deserved, and long overdue, would be an understatement.

This hateful little conman, and his family of sycophants and followers, were derailed Saturday while attempting to protest at a funeral of a fallen soldier.

I'll make no secret that I despise the "good" Reverend, and his hateful little con.

What say you, ATS?
edit on 11/9/2010 by seagull because: Spelling, as is usually the case...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Why are they doing this at funerals? I never really understood why Christians would this to this. It's sad to me and I feel it's a slap in our countries face. Makes me angry.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

It's what they want to happen. They want anger, because they're hoping someone will lose control and attack them, or something of the sort.

This bunch is as litigation happy as they come. They're hoping, dare I say praying, for an opportunity to sue someone down to their socks.

That's why anyone protesting them had better watch out, and bring a video camera. That's what they do, or so I've been told. They bring the video camera. Then begin their horrific screed, hoping to provoke an action they can use to sue.

It's an ugly little con. Propogated by an ugly little man, and his ugly little family.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I seriously doubt this clan is Christian. I know they claim they are, but.............their actions say otherwise.

What a great response from the members of the community to stop these evil clowns from creating more heartbreak than already being felt at a funeral.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Amen. That they did so without resorting to anything vaguely resembling violence is even better.

Kudos to this community.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Bummer! I thought the video was gonna show the actual protestors getting turned around. I wanted to see the shock on their faces when they first saw what was happening. Oh well. Hopefully Rev. Phelps and his cohorts lost money doing this. Communities all around the US who have to bury their towns fallen soldiers should take a que from this wonderful community. That would eventually bankrupt Rev. Phelps and his minions due to the costs involved in getting to these communities in the first place.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Well there are many types of Christian. Who is to say otherwise? You? How can you be sure he's not more or less of a Christian then you?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I like it when people pull together like this. I'm all for free speech and everything but Phelps and his bunch of misfits make me sick. It's bad enough when a soldier is killed and the family has to deal with the pain and loss. Those bozos make it worse. Good way to shut them down. S&f for posting this bit of good news.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This is not the only community to demonstrate against the Rev. Phelps and his hatred.

Demontration to Support Grieving Family against Rev. Phelps

If you have the time, read the rant and what these people accomplished. I wish more communities would do this and protect these grieving families.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
That so-called church and preacher are just looking for media attention and to cause as much pain as they can. One of these days he's going to go into the wrong community and mess with the wrong family. It wouldn't surprise me at all if a grieving family member completely lost it and silenced the "preacher" for good. I'm not saying the man should die, I was just raised in a small town family and know how protective they can be of one of their own. Especially from an outsider.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Forgoten_Whisper because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have never understood Phelp's actions... *shrug* In any case, this is a GREAT example of what we should be doing as a society. Leave the courts out of it. Let the pushers get pushed. Take aways the bully's power through positive resistance.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think the more notoriety that Phelps and his cult get, the more communities will be pulling together to come out in numbers to turn them around and send them back to their cave. This is a great story!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Nicely resolved: neither party was denied their right to peaceably assemble and Phelps got pwned.

There's almost invariably a non-legislative means of dealing with situations like this and that's the best course to take. A big
to the members of that community for embarrassing the WBC and not resorting to force (either physical or legislative) to do it.

-TheAssoc.
edit on 9-11-2010 by TheAssociate because: Grammar.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Good for the people of that town. You'd think with all the preaching they do, they'd know enough of the Bible to know that it's filled with verses about being kind and helpful to widows. I haven't been to church since I was a teenager, and even I know that.

top topics

join