It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Can't Explain "Missile" off California

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Pentagon Can't Explain "Missile" off California

www.cbsnews.com

The Pentagon Tuesday said it was trying to determine if a missile was launched Monday off the coast of Southern California and who might have launched it.

Spokesmen for the Navy, Air Force, Defense Department and North American Aerospace Defense Command said they were looking into a video posted on the CBS News website that appears to show a rocket or some other object shooting up into the sky and leaving a large contrail over the Pacific Ocean.

The video was shot by a CBS affiliate KCBS' helicopter, the station said Tuesday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Not even the Pentagon knows what's going on here? Or are they lying?

What this could be includes: U.S. missile, UFO submarine missile launch, North Korean/Iranian/Mexican missile test in U.S. waters, or terrorist attack which missed its target (badly).

If you're going to test something that big just off your most populated coast, why not own up to it? This is weird.

www.cbsnews.com

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It is weird, but i still call bull story.

Weird like you say, i will ignore it. No way on earth if anything happened there, the pentagon would not know what it was, and where it came from.
edit on 11/9/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
So... They've confirmed that the missile was launched off the coast of LA with video, even, so did they even bother to track it to where it landed (or did they even have the capability)?

Was it launched from a surface vessel, like a Club-K from a cargo ship?

Where was NORAD in all of this?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

I watched the video.

Like I believe nobody knows about it but that it could be a demonstration to Asia that we could launch one....?

WTF?

DUH!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Why on earth did you make a new thread when there is a huge discussion going on about this same issue? new angle? Nope just wanting the spot light and to steer a discussion.

Here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

P.s. Hi slayer, was hoping you would chime in, have missed you!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Very good points. Where was NORAD in all of this? You would have to assume however that whatever NORAD knew, the DoD would know. Also, wouldn't the Pentagon be able to match up the missile in the video to missile technologies worldwide and know what country it came from, if indeed it was from another country. And where did it land?

I don't understand how the US can have a missile be tested/deployed 35 miles from LA without the US knowing about it, or not giving a damn. Barack should be on his way back ready to find out what's going on... unless of course it has something to do with why he left

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Why on earth did you make a new thread when there is a huge discussion going on about this same issue? new angle? Nope just wanting the spot light and to steer a discussion.

Exactly the point of this thread.

TBH, after 20 pages, things get lost and this is obviously an update. I hadn't even seen that huge thread until you linked it. I saw other threads about it, but nothing about the Pentagon response to it.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Portugoal because: antar wants an explanation for the purpose of this thread. I'm confirming his belief that it was because I want the spotlight and to steer a discussion. Not because it's news.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
They don't know what to say because we all know they are full of it. It could be one of a million scenarios but they will make up some lame story to tell the masses to make this go away. It cold be aliens, hackers or just some guy that made a mistake and launched something. We will probably never know the truth.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Ive just posted on the other thread regarding the same topic and its an absolute joke. The very fact that no-one in authority knew anything about it also the fact that the US is obviously defenceless.
Where are all your tax paying dollars going exactly regarding defence spending.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Sorry if I sound Stressed... I will be the first to admit it, lol, thanks for being so nice about it. Mods are working over time right now trying to keep it all together as you can imagine.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
No one is taking into account that there is a large model rocket society that is in San Diego. And I'm not talking about the little ones that you can buy at the hobby store. These thigs are HUGE! I've seen some that are 25 feet tall.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
These people go crazy making their own rocket fuel as well.

2nd
edit on 11/9/2010 by Submarines because: completing a thought

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Well, the arms business is a huge part of the economy so I imagine thousands of people have jobs because of your tax dollars.

The model rocket club is kind of speculative. Don't you think that if it was launched by them 35 miles outside of LA that they would a) tell the DoD before doing so, b) tell media, c) relish the spotlight that I'm sure this is bringing internationally by releasing a statement saying it was them = exposure.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

Well even enthusiasts would have to clear something that large being launched and besides do they launch out at sea?

Hi Antar

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Submarines
These people go crazy making their own rocket fuel as well.

2nd
edit on 11/9/2010 by Submarines because: completing a thought

yeah but these peeps have special places and they have to ask for permission for every launch..

i dont think they shoot rockets from the ocean
...well maybe im wrong

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm suprised no "those contrails are spreading mass cancer through the air" comments yet. And since we don't know exactly where it landed I'm disappointed to see a lack of "it's a UFO blasting back home" comments around. Always entertaining.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
They are supposed to get pemission, but that isnt always the case.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

Not even the Pentagon knows what's going on here? Or are they lying?

What this could be includes: U.S. missile, UFO submarine missile launch, North Korean/Iranian/Mexican missile test in U.S. waters, or terrorist attack which missed its target (badly).

If you're going to test something that big just off your most populated coast, why not own up to it? This is weird.

www.cbsnews.com

What I find more weird than anything is that they haven't come up with a "cover-story" for it, but instead are claiming "they don't know"?????

With NORAD you would expect they sure as hell know at the very least where it was launched from and where it was headed.

They essentially claimed themselves incompetent by saying they "don't know" what it was , these people should have a damn good idea of what anything that comes close to US airspace IS, where it was launched, and where it was going. Yet their claiming dumb to it? Either they are entirely incompetent and NORAD is broken, or they are completely full of BS saying they don't know what it is...If that was a nuclear missile heading for CA, you mean to tell me they wouldn't have known what it was????? I smell fish, I think they know exactly what it is...

Next Question: why would they lie and say they "dont know"???
edit on 9-11-2010 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Well they probably saw it launch and then figured out quickly where it was headed so that's a very real possibility BUT they probably didn't know WHAT it was other than a possible missile launch headed away from the US

BUT STILL

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join