It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jacques Vallee: Wonders in the Sky

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The reason why I don't like Jacques Vallee is because he appears to know so much more than what he writes in his books. In my opinion he doesn't even believe in what he says he believes in from his books. Captain Hollanda, a man who was murdered for coming out with the real alien agenda to the public, said he had a conversation with Jacques behind the scenes, and Jacques said something to him that doesn't match anything I've heard from Jacques Vallee before. It was almost like when Jacques was around a real person involved with ETs he was one personality, then when writing books and interviewing to the public he was another. At least thats what I got from him, even though at first he seemed like a real cool dude. I wouldn't be surprised if his friend J. Allen Hynek was the same two-faced kind of individual.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The whole subject is indeed very interesting. I guess the whole "where from" in itself creates some intriguing questions, I mean, it's almost as if the 'phenomenon' is there to make us think.

For instance, Vallee questions why the ET's would look so much like us, i.e., "humanoid"/bipedal. But doesn't this question open up a bigger question; just how alike - or unlike - are things in the universe? Can intelligent beings look like squids, or snails, or everything from Lovecraft to Avatar? Could it be liquid? Or is there some universal design, that is, as in how universal bodies like planets and suns and such are round, with gravity pointing inward to the center (because, after all, we haven't discovered anything where, say, gravity pushes outwardly).

As for the purpose of "them being here", then yes, the ETH doesn't make sense from a human perspective. Taking us over would be easier the further back you go (say, it would have been easier before modern computers, before nukes, before planes, rockets etc.), and just exploring seems a little strange since so many reports have come in about "them" being here.

I was always of the mind, after reading Vallee and such, that the ETH was really stupid, but thinking about it, "we" haven't really gone one way or another. The IDH and the ETH are both "far-out", and both plausible. I mean, is it really easier to come here from another dimension or parallel universe than from another planet (using means we don't know about)? While the ETH may have distance as it's main problem, well, don't the IDH have an even bigger problem - the problem of dimensional borders? Of compability?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Fantastic thread and related to most of my postings over at this one about Fatima.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My own thoughts are that these 'wonders' are outside of the UFO and religious explanation entirely and might be unable to control our perceptions of them falling into these catagories.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I came across this tonight and hadn't heard of it before. It reminded of the fact that the Fatima encounters were also predicted before they occured, and, as Vallee has mentioned it was through automatic writing as well.

en.wikipedia.org...:_A_New_Bible

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join