It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Banana Republic -- the USofA

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer
More and more people in America are running up unnecessary debt, because they grew up in the ideal that the government will look after them

People are running debt for many reasons, like
- student loans
- mortgage
- medical expenses
- consumer debt

Only the last component is somewhat irresponsible, along with excessive mortgage debt -- but even then, it was a speculative move and not banking on govt's handout.

Medical emergencies are among top reasons for bankruptcy in the US.

America is still by far the biggest part of the world economy, did i say somewhere that they fell out of the sky and in gold with fairies and genies?... I guess they got there by very hard work in the real world.

Somehow you made an argument that Europeans put more emphasis on agriculture. Here you basically admit your argument is bullcr@p.

No, i said more and more Americans are becoming lazy, it doesn't statistically start with the "average" American, but eventually the average American will be to blame on the current trend

Again, you are changing your story as you go. You said that people elsewhere are "surrounded by real economy".

I regret getting emotional with you, "next question" remark, but you were clearly being an ass

How so? I didn't throw insults like that your way, You, on the other hand, have been a pretty refined sort of a demagogue.

You just can't compare two different cultures

Interestingly, Russians often resort to that (very lame) reasoning trying to explain why their country, for all it's natural and intellectual riches, is still a pit. That's a dead end kind of an argument.

sure America has a lot or different Nationalities within it's borders, but they came far doing things "the American way"

If you cared to read the OP and the discussion that followed, you'd see that the "American Way" has faded and given up its place for corporatism, brain washing from the right and growing disparity. Exporting jobs to China is NOT the American way.

and Americans can still get on the right path with a little optimism

It takes a lot more than optimism to confront very real and very dangerous societal trends.

edit on 19-11-2010 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join