It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden update: The VP meets on government transparency today. But that meeting is closed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Oh, the absurdity of the obama administration!

I realize one can say that this kind of thing has happened before, but during the campaign, "transparency" was one of the big promises obama made.

My bolding for emphasis.

source

Possibly the most important event of the vice president's day Tuesday is to meet at 2:15 with Earl Devaney. Everyone knows him as chairman of the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board -- the top guy monitoring the gazillion-dollar stimulus and the overdue economic recovery, and ensuring that the taxpayers financing same know all about it.

However, no one outside the room will know what goes on in that Biden-Devaney meeting. That's because the government meeting on government transparency has been closed.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
That *IS* ironic indeed!

Government transparency is a great idea, don't get me wrong. I think we should have more of it. However, as reluctant as many departments are to get on board and embrace the idea of government transparency, you'd think that the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board would set the example which others should follow...not do things behind closed doors without any kind of public accountability or transparency!

Shame on Earl Devaney! He of all people should be walking the talk.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

However, no one outside the room will know what goes on in that Biden-Devaney meeting. That's because the government meeting on government transparency has been closed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec5ab2d24841.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
For anyone who believes that the Obama Presidency will ever be "transparent" I have a lovely bridge in death valley to sell them.

top topics

join