It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NPR claims it's listeners are smarter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
NPR claims it's listeners are smarter

National Public Radio
President Vivian Schiller, who made headlines for firing news analyst Juan Williams, a Fox News contributor, told an audience Sunday that NPR's viewers are a league apart from those of other media organizations -- a hypothesis proven by its comments section on the network's website.

Um ... I don't think so.
It's just a left wing shill machine that takes partial, not alot but partial, funding from the US taxpayer. Thats the only difference from the right wing shill machines - that it's on the left and it takes taxpayer money. And the difference from it and other left wing shill machines like MSNBC is ... um ... well .... maybe Soros. Left winger George Soros backs it, along with dozens of other far left projects, and gave it 1.8 million $$ in October.

So what's the difference? Soros v Murdoch. Left wing shill v right wing shill. Big name money with an agenda running things ... big name money with an agenda running things.

NPR and all the other media outlets have smart people, stupid people, shills, zombies, good people, bad people, kind people, selfish people .... and everyone in between. Although I must say that, IMHO, it's SHEEPLE that believe everything that these MSM, and other outlets, pump out. This women - NPR President Vivian Schiller is either a left wing sheeple, or she is one of the shepherds of the sheeple and wants to keep her zombie sheep within her grazing pasture.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The first clue the person you're speaking to is an idiot: that person claims to be smarter than you.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
The first clue the person you're speaking to is an idiot: that person claims to be smarter than you.

The first clue the person who is posting above you is a genius: they claim that people who claim to be smarter than you are in fact idiots.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
"Welcome to the Delicious Dish"....

"Good times... Good times..."

The problem with NPR is it has zero entertainment value. News can still be intelligent without being ridiculously boring because it is spoken in monotone. And just because something is spoken in monotone doesn't mean it's impartial information.

It's this pseudo-intellectual BS that drives me nuts about liberals. It's all about how you look and sound. They assume that all these farmers who are tea party supports are stupid due to their country accents. The fact is that many country kids get a great education in their small towns and go on to get degrees from major universities in Agriculture, Biology, and Veterinary, then return to take over their family’s business. Successfully running a large business whether it’s a farm or any other company takes intelligence and management skills.

I am a tea party supporter who has a masters in electrical engineering and a Mensa level IQ, and am continually insulted by the assumption that all tea party supporters are “dumb hicks”, which I have heard every day for the last two weeks. Many of these “dumb hicks” are main stream people like me who live in the suburbs, and many are farmers who are essentially CEOs of their own companies.

Libs always want to talk about how smart they all are. If they are so smart and progressive then why don’t they realize that their agenda has been a failure every time it has been tried throughout history?

Ah…but I promised myself to stay out of the political forums… I don’t really feel like debating it any more. This horse has been beat to death. Walk away quietly Jon… just walk away….

edit on 9-11-2010 by JonInMichigan because: typo

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
As any decent hypnotist will tell us,
it's the ones who don't believe in it at all
that are the easiest to handle. The one's who
want to believe are very difficult to manipulate well.

I find NPR's programming and it's listeners/watchers
to be very confident that they are above manipulation.

David Grouchy

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Hey! I listen to NPR and I don't believe I am above manipulation. What you people are doing right now is stereotyping NPR listeners based on this report and based on your perception of them. I know that I am not above manipulation. I'd be rich if I could count how many times that I've been manipulated before I started reading the news critically and I started listening to people critically. Now, when I used to think that I was above programming or that I was above it all, I was actually a part of the system, and I was actually pretty easily manipulated. My mind is stronger now that I accept that even I can be manipulated.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Way to misrepresent the truth. Good job to both you and Faux News.

But NPR's commentators - and, she infers, its audience - are "intelligent and informed."

Infers. She never said what the headline claims she said. In fact, later in the article,

said a colleague who attended the event maintains that Schiller characterized NPR's audience as "intelligent and informed," rather than "more intelligent" than other audiences.
So nobody from Fox was even there; they don't even have an actual quote. Essentially they, and you by extension, are just making crap up.

top topics

join