It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Sharia Law Creeping Into American Lives? the groups behind Islam law in the US are pushing everyd

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Yes I been reading on the powerful Jew lobby that is the one that has been keeping Islam from creeping into Americas politics.

Interesting how one group is growing oversea like the Muslim brotherhood but they find that in the US Jews have more pull that they will ever have.

Do me a favor and post a link of any of your sources on Jewish courts and what they are all about for a good comparison.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Some were included in the sources in my post, but i'll lay them out again here:

Beth Din of America

Jewish Law in America

Canon Law Society of America

As a comparison, here's a link to an Islamic Sharia Council site from the UK:

Sharia

A key thing i noticed on this site was a question asking "What is the application of Shari'a punishment in a non-muslim country?". The answer is:

With regards to your question please note that sharia punishment is not applicable in a non-muslim state

Everyone needs to keep that in mind.

And a BBC report from inside a Sharia Court:

The view from inside a Sharia court

Divorce, business matters, inheritance, family law, advice and guidance on civil matters. Plus lobbying of course. They're all the same.
edit on 11-11-2010 by Nammu because: adding more info

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Thanks for posting again the links sorry about that.

I already know for a fact that Islamic economic laws are practiced by many banks in the US, during the Bush administration it was a training done for government on how to deal with this issue, so yes I have done research on the banks that are friendly to this type of laws as they have strict rules of how money is to be utilized.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I have but a few things to say on this, I will begin with what I consider to be the Law of the Land.

The first amendment to the
U.S. Constitution: Religious aspects

What it says:

The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is also the first section of the Bill of Rights. It is arguably the most important part of the U.S. Constitution, as it guarantees freedoms of religion, speech, writing and publishing, peaceful assembly, and the freedom to raise grievances with the Government. In addition, it requires that a wall of separation be maintained between church and state. It reads:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

horizontal rule
Its origins in the Virginia bill on religious freedom:

The roots of the First Amendment can be traced to a bill written by Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826) in 1777 and proposed to the Virginia Legislature in 1779. 1It guaranteed freedom of (and from) religion. After an impassioned speech by James Madison, and after some amendments, it became law in that state on 1786-JAN-16. 2

How the first amendment was written:

In the spring of 1778, the Constitutional Convention was held in Philadelphia, PA. They resolved three main religious controversies. They:
bullet Decided that there would be no religious test, oath or other requirement for any federal elected office.

Allowed Quakers and others to affirm (rather than swear) their oaths of office.

Refrained from recognizing the religion of Christianity, or one of its denominations, as an established, state church.

But there was no specific guarantee of religious freedom.

Jefferson was pleased with the constitution, but felt it was incomplete. He pushed for legislation that would guarantee individual rights, including what he felt was the prime guarantee: freedom of and from religion. Madison promised to promote such a bill, in order to gain support for the ratification of the constitution by the State of Virginia. In 1789, the first of ten amendments were written to the constitution; they have since been known as the Bill of Rights.
source

Sharia Law, much like Biblical Law, is separated from the State. The Constitution states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." Both the free exercise clause and the establishment clause place restrictions on the government concerning laws they pass or interfering with religion. No restrictions are placed on religions except perhaps that a religious denomination cannot become the state religion. Simple enough?
This is our Law, people, how many here know the Bill of rights, and the meaning of the Constitution? If you do not know what your Rights are, friends, then you have none. The Constitution can wrap one in a protective cloak, and even be a weapon against the powers that be, provided one knows the laws, and knows where to stand. Are you a 14th Amendment Citizen? Or are you a Freeman, and Sovereign?
A quote from my favourite Statesman.....

"If a Nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.... If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." -- Thomas Jefferson to Col. Yancey, 1816

I leave you all with another quote, from my favourite Congressman...Ron Paul. (bold text mine alone)

"The Revolution and subsequent Constitution settled the question as to which authority should rule man's action: the individual or the state. The authors of the Constitution clearly understood that man has free will to make personal choices and be responsible for the consequences of his own actions. Man, they knew, was not to be simply a cog in a wheel, or a single cell of an organism, or a branch of a tree, but an individual with a free will and responsibility for his eternal soul as well as his life on earth.

If God could permit spiritual freedom, government certainly ought to permit the political freedom that allows one to pursue life's dreams and assume one's responsibilities. If man can achieve spiritual redemption through grace, which allows him to use the released spiritual energy to pursue man's highest and noblest goals, so should man's mind, body, and property be freed from the burdens of unchecked government authority. The Founders were confident that this would release the creative human energy required to produce the goods and services that would improve the living standards of all mankind. "

Ron Paul source page

A few links for the researcher, and the ones who wish to know just exactly where thy stand under the Constitutional Law of the Land.

The Declaration of Independence - 1776 -

Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union - 1777 -

The Constitution For The United States Its Sources and Its Application

A Quiz for All Loyal Americans on The Constitution For The United States Can You Answer These Questions?

What Is An American? : A Primer

The Rape of We The People and The Constitution For The United States

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Another attempt at sharia law...they said it was just for muslims and was non binding...then why even start it?

Even tho texas said no ( which isnt officialy offical yet) the fact that it was tried again. Whats gunna happen when it gets tried in one of those wildly libreal cities?
www.infowars.com...

m.youtube.com...

edit on 3-24-2015 by clearmind because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join