It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery missile caught on video off L.A. coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...
Along with else everything thats going on right now on ATS, this is the icing on the cake so to speak...

LOS ANGELES — A mysterious 'missile' streaked across the sky off the Southern California coast Monday night and was caught on video by a local CBS News helicopter camera. KCBS said the trail was visible from Los Angeles. The helicopter crew described the missile's location as 35 miles out to sea north of Catalina Island. The U.S. Navy is the likely source, but Navy officials have been unable to determine who launched what, NBC News reported. Senior Pentagon and Navy officials said they did not know who launched the missile. As one official said, "We're checking." Meanwhile, a Navy spokesman told local CBS station KFMB that there was no Navy activity reported in that region Monday night, and that it was not the Navy's missile. Pentagon and military officials told NBC they have not been able to find anyone in the Navy or Air Force who had any information — or who was willing to share information — about the event. KCBS, which originally reported the incident, interviewed former U.S. Ambassador to NATO Robert Ellsworth after showing him the video. "It could be a test firing of an intercontinental ballistic missile from a submarine to demonstrate, mainly to Asia, that we can do that," he told the TV station, emphasizing that he was purely speculating. He said that it would be best to wait for a definitive clarification from the military.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Artorius

Already posted dude! - was just reading this one in another tab.

edit, wow there are a few other threads too
edit on 9/11/2010 by Now_Then because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

haha yea I know as soon as I posted this I refreshed the new topics page and 4 other people posted the same thing...at least we have a few different sources instead of just one, that way we can see if the stories match up

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
HELLO ALL, STRANGE,AS IT SEEMS,THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS,AND MANY BIBLE PROPHETS HAVE WARNED US THRU THE AGES,ABOUT UPCOMING EVENTS,LEADING TO THE DEMISE,OF THIS PLANET!!!
NOW WITH UNKNOWN MISSLE'S BEING LAUNCHED FROM UNKNOWN SOURCES,AND THE GOVERNMENT DENILE OF INFO ON THIS ISSUE,WHAT GOES?? WHERE WAS THIS MISSLE HEADED TO?? WAS THIS A SHOW OF POWER,TO ASIA,CHINA??WHY WOULD WE HAVE TO DO THIS??EVERY COUNTRY ON EARTH KNOWS THE CAPABILITY'S WE HAVE,TO DESTROY THIS PLANET OVER MANY TIMES!!! THE SECOND COMING IS UPON US,I BELEIVE!! WE ALL HAVE BEEN LIED TO! OUR GOVERNMENT HAS DECEIVED THE WHOLE WORLD,AND HAS RIPPED OFF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE LONG ENOUGH! FOR THE FOLKS WHO MAY BE LEFT ON EARTH,TAKE HEED!! A SERIOUS CHANGE NEED'S TO HAPPEN NOW...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Okay, am I losing my mind or what? How come these posts are dated 9/11/2010??? HAHA Nevermind.....I see that Google just switched the order of the date around in the search results....Weird. Freaked me out!
edit on 11/9/2010 by kismetphayze because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

edit on 9-11-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Then again, maybe I'm not so crazy afterall....it shows you posted this on 11/9/2010 and edited it on 9/11/2010 . Weird!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kismetphayze

weird. Lol. both dates show day/month/year format for me, but that is how I have it defaulted in my account settings. I only edited out my response because it wasn't relevant (after your edit above)... ah well, computer glitch, gotta love them.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join