It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I present you the greatest band in the world!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The greatest band in the world is the band HIM! Yes they are the greatest. One of my favorite groups of all time. Who can't help to fall in love with their music?

They fudging rock my socks! Heck yeah!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
him
really?

I feel sorry for you, honestly I do. Expand those horizons, there's lots and lots of better bands than HIM out there. HIM is no Zeppelin.

Just watched the videos

booooored

here try these
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

too lazy to embed
edit on 9-11-2010 by Mr Headshot because: booooooored

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
sorry but just in your opinion

there much better bands outside...HIM is just a girly magnet..nothing special on the music ,not n his
whiney voice ..also the lyrics are boring :S

just my opinion

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Come on now! HIM is a Love Metal band. Love! Love! What is so hard about understand Love? Love!
Led Zeppelin are o.k to me. Certain songs do it for me and others get stale over time to me.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Post rock, Faux goth, teen angst laden, Emo drivel, but each to their own I suppose :-)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

LOL a love metal band?

That is the most retarded oxymoron I've ever heard. Metal is by definition about anger or pain, it is directly descended from blues.

Love metal makes less sense than christian metal, and that's saying a lot.

I could go all day naming bands that have more soul, more ability, and more awesome- I could do that easily.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

I'm serious on them claiming to be Love Metal. I get your point too!
Genre

HIM's genre is debated in some circles; on their CD, Deep Shadows & Brilliant Highlights, it says their genre is "Alternative" but their musical style is also often referred to as "love metal" by Valo and by the group's fans. Ville Valo has stated that the band started as a "Black Sabbath tribute band of sorts".Valo stated in an interview on the Love Metal Archives Vol. I DVD, that he was fed up with journalists and interviewers asking him (Valo), and the rest of the band what the genre of HIM was. He said in answer to that question that they were "love metal" (which was also the name of their 2003 album.) Critics have referred to them as gothic rock, gothic metal, alternative rock, hard rock and alternative metal.

Read it and whatever. Love metal man! Come on now!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Thanks, never heard of HIM but they're pretty good - remind me of the cult.
Greatest band ever for you perhaps but that's perfectly cool. We all have our faves.
My greatest bands would be:
Queen
Frank Zappa
Killing joke
Steve Hillage/Electrik Gypsies
King Crimson
Dead kennedys
Sepultura
Mastadon
Alter Bridge

And who could forget the Deftones?

They've come so far since '96 when I first saw them. Really nice people too. From your hometown Romantic Rebel!

Great bands are about much more than individual talent. It's a chemistry that invokes invisible forces outside of reason and logic, sort of "it moves you or it doesn't" like all art. Great music is whatever resonates within you to the level where you feel an experience from outside of yourself. It's magic.

edit on 9-11-2010 by Asktheanimals because: added comments

edit on 9-11-2010 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

They're not very original... sound very 80's heavy rock! Whilst I applaud your enthusiasm for this band (everyone to their own)... try listening to something a little different and a lot more original... ie Mercury Rev/Turin Brakes etc! On the whole though I subscribe to the view that there are no Best bands ever... Just Best songs! Same with Authors/Books!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
metal doesnt descend from blues. it comes from the factory machine sounds in birmingham.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Not the greatest band in the world in my opinion but that singer's bloody gorgeous to the extreme. If he was a vampire I'd like him to come bite me. And I like their cover of Wicked Game verrrry much.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 2272070000hicia

Really, because most of the early bands which were considered the progenitors of metal base their music largely on the blues. In fact, the scale and chord progressions used are straight up blues. Pentatonic Minor is called the blues scale for a reason. Guitarists from Tony Iomi to Dimebag Darrel have made their careers based upon this blues scale. There's no doubt that the grungy "dark" sound that gave metal it's edge was influenced by the Black Country area in England but metal has its musical roots in blues.
Just ask Bad Company, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Blue Cheer, Zeppelin, Pantera, Black Label Society, etcetc.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I do not know how many audiophiles are on ATS. But when you are listening at home on a high end system (easily $15,000 invested) speakers, preamp, amp, sub, surround, digital/analog player, high end cables power source ect...You gain an appreciation for music in its entirety. No matter what you are listening to its like inviting your favorite musicians into your living room.You close your eyes and soon visuals appear and emotions run through your body. There is no "greatest band" this is ridiculous because lets face it years from now you'll be stuck on a different band out there don't lie we all know it.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Let me direct you to the REAL greatest band in the world thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join