It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery missile caught on tape off L.A. coast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Mystery missile caught on tape off L.A. coast

www.msnbc.msn.com

LOS ANGELES — A mysterious 'missile' streaked across the sky off the Southern California coast Monday night and was caught on video by a local CBS News helicopter camera.

KCBS said the contrail was visible from Los Angeles. The helicopter crew described the missile's location as 35 miles out to sea north of Catalina Island.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
With all the hype that's going on with UFO's and such and I faintly remember someone else posting some news about a missile trail, this seems to be very curious. With the Pentagon and the Navy not knowing who launched the missile, this seems very bizarre to say the least.

What are your thoughts on this, is this a secret government project spotted by the common man or is it really an Unidentified Missile launch?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
this is right in line with the missle that was sighted launching from phoenix the other day. hopefully the OP of that topic will chime in on this one. very interesting. s&f

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
So if somebody decided to up and launch an ICBM at us, is this how our Navy will respond? By finding out by our press after it's already here? Way to go Navy! Good to see you are on the ball!

Kinda scares me a little bit knowing that a missle is flying around our airspace and our own Government does not know who shot it or where it came from.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
So if somebody decided to up and launch an ICBM at us, is this how our Navy will respond? By finding out by our press after it's already here? Way to go Navy! Good to see you are on the ball!

That made me
, but hey , here is the nice piece of footage to it.

www.nationaljournal.com...

edit on 9-11-2010 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

Almost a trillion dollars of military funding at it's best.

Haha, i'm sure there's a lot more to it.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Thanks for the vid, I wonder where it's going.. It has to be the military, if it is then they are up to no good. Star flagged. Thanks OP!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

CBS showed the video to former Deputy Secretary of Defense Robert Ellsworth, who speculated that "It could be a test-firing of an intercontinental ballistic missile from a submarine... to demonstrate, mainly to Asia, that we can do that."

Or could it be Asia that parked a sub off our coast 35 miles to demonstrate to the U.S. that THEY can "do that"?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
My 'inside' sources at the Pentagon tell me that it was just an inadvertent release of methane from a submarine holding tank.

The need for the emergency release was a bit of an MMTN (Monday's Mexican Taco Night) overkill issue whereby the ship's cook put a bit to much 'cha' in the 'lupa'.

When asked, the cook simply said, "I put that sh&t on EVERYTHING".

Seriously though, you'd figure an inadvertent or unknown lauching of anything missile-like within eyeball distance of the US mainland would be some kind of super duper news in the mainstream media unless they received some sort of advanced notice to move along . . . nothing to see here . . .

Regardless, something just isn't right here.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The Navy says it wasn't a Navy Missile and yet it appears to have been fired 35 miles off shore. Hmmm....

Not far from Catalina island, an area of multiple sightings of USO's over the years. Just sayin!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
First thought after seeing the title of the thread, is that this was a military exercise? However, according to video further down in the thread, the Navy has formally denied that this missile came from them. Perhaps, this is some top secret military exercise, and whomever launched it is going to deny it. Or perhaps, some terrorist yahoo got a hold of a surface to air missile? Too many possibilities here, but someone ought to come forward to explain what happened with this missile? It is things like this that can cause panic, when people have no idea what is going on as they look out their patio window at an ICBM flying in the air. Looking into it further, I found this video about the Air Force testing the Minuteman III ballistic missile at Vandberg Air Force in California.

Perhaps, this latest test was just another ballistic missile test, and nothing more? However, I would not rule out any motive for this launch given the crazy state of affairs we are experiencing, were everything seems to have a sinister agenda these days. This is probably a top secret test or something, and that is why the DOD is staying mum about it.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The Navy does not test this close to shore let alone this close to the Channel Islands.

Something is not right. Any Dr. Evil sightings lately? This has all of the trappings of a foreign launch.

edit on 9-11-2010 by jibeho because: content link

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
There is already a discussion going on about this folks

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The way I figure it, 2 to 3 years from now, Americans will be desensitized to all of these missles and missle contrails.

I know I am becoming less excited each time I hear of one... thinking " another one"

It really is a sad state of affairs we are living... Our govt. is chucking missles like a mascot launching t-shirts at a mets game. Then, they don't come forward and fess up to the launch.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Is there a link between these two launches?

check this older post from ATS on the 5th November Something that looked like a missile over Phoenix

Very Curious indeed.

edit on 9-11-2010 by 7anked because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I would suggest anyone resourceful enough look into all incident reports from LA County Sheriffs Avalon Station.. a listing of "URNs" for that day AND the day prior.. URN = Uniform Report Number.. FOIA request if possible.. You might find mention of something very interesting.

I claim no inside info, I just worked with a guy on the dept, who knows a guy who heard a thing or two from another guy.. I don't care to put it on the interweb.

LASD Avalon Station (On Catalina Island)
215 Sumner Ave. Avalon, CA 90704 310-510-0174

Doesn't seem to be a typical 9/11 like false flag where the govt immediately has a scripted ready for MSM explanation long before any completed investigation.. this time they'll have to do it the old fashioned way: investigation first, THEN explanation.. lol

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Sigh.... gotta love how people at ATS use the search feature

And research? What's that?

San Nicolas Island
US NAVY

By David Kelly, Los Angeles Times

San Nicolas Island, Calif. -- Shrouded in secrecy, San Nicolas Island is a remote spit of land in a vast, shimmering sea. Some of the world's most sophisticated weapons are tested here, sometimes just a few hundred yards from where elephant seals trumpent in lagoons and island foxes trot through chapparal. Tomahawk, Harpoon, Sidewinders, and Sparrow Missiles routinely whiz overhead. Some skim in over the waves at 500 mph to clobber fake Scud launchers or dummy radar sites on shore. Because explosives are not used, workers dig the missiles out of sand dunes and use them again. Most of what happens on the island, about 75 miles southwest of Santa Monica, is top secret. The island, owned by the government since 1933, is a laboratory for the latest generation of weapons.

The testing area around San Nicolas is 36,000 square miles, enough air and ocean to accommodate the most powerful weapons. British, Norwegian, Japanese and Italian armed forces often conduct secret tests in and around the island. San Nicolas is 10 miles long and three miles wide and has a 10,000-foot runway that can handle the largest aircraft. Sophisticated telemetry centers, shaped like enormous golf balls, dot the island, monitoring everything that flies overhead.

A small but heavily armed security force patrols San Nicolas, turning back curious boaters who try to land. The island's weekday population of about 150 military personnel and civilians drops to 30 on weekends. Home for most is Nicktown, a small cluster of low-slung buildings, including dormitories and a mess hall, a small store, a bowling alley and a saloon.

www.globalsecurity.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/47caafddb4f0.png[/atsimg]

OH BTW Phage is positive it is an Airplane contrail lit up by the sunset, not a rocket exhaust we are seeing. It just might be

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
The Navy says it wasn't a Navy Missile and yet it appears to have been fired 35 miles off shore. Hmmm....

Not far from Catalina island, an area of multiple sightings of USO's over the years. Just sayin!!

Yeah that's true. Robbie Williams was reported by the UK press to be riding Jet Skis around the Catalina island in search of US/FOs

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
so.....let me get this right.

There was supposed to have been a missile 35 miles off the coast, and everyones denying all knowledge, and it was the media that informed?
This is a scandal in itself.
Especially considering the so called nuclear threat etc etc yet no-ones bothered?

Remind me which is worse here please. The missile? or the fact that the US is obviously wide open to attack?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
may have been a "DRILL" aboard a sub.

the software malfunctioned and actually launched a missile....

then we see a self-destruct ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join