It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Well agent GEL get to it and interrogate him, water-board him if you have to.

You are hereby authorized to extract information from said subject using any and all means.

Then if you will kindly report to the ATS membership regarding your findings.

Good luck agent GEL.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Did you speak to him personally? What did he sound like? Any concern in his voice?

link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Well agent GEL get to it and interrogate him, water-board him if you have to.

You are hereby authorized to extract information from said subject using any and all means.

Then if you will kindly report to the ATS membership regarding your findings.

Good luck agent GEL.

Oh trust me Im trying. I just get a laugh and "no comment". He actually is laughing over all the hoopla over this. But he can never tell me 99% of anything regarding his job - so im not surprised.

Very frustrating!!

He works for 2sws/Space command.....
edit on November 9th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by askbaby
reply to post by snowspirit

MY INITIAL REACTION:
My initial reaction was similar to many here: a launch of a missile. However (like many initial posts and discussions) we don't take "perspective" into account, that from a distance, an aircraft from the horizon can seem to produce a vertical or near vertical contrail. The challenge is that the video we see is heavily edited by news media (especially given that it was a CBS affiliate helicopter that captured the footage).

I was just watching the video that was on CNN news this morning. The one contrail was very thick, and very bright colored (maybe sun shining off it), and the news casters also seemed to think it was going very vertical. Also worrisome enough for NORAD to be investigating. They seem to think it wasn't an airplane. Shouldn't they be able to tell the difference between an aircraft or a missile? I wonder if they'll ever admit what it really was?

2. Likely (Military SNAFU - oops shouldn't we have announced this!!!): A military launch that has not been announced or verified by the Navy (or Norad or anyone!) yet... especially given the launch location... the islands north of Catalina (which BTW is a beautiful location!) are primarily military. This is the second most likely possibility as some show of strength, knowing that such a launch would be captured on tape...

That would be my guess. SNAFU. Big OOPS. Maybe something just went off when it wasn't supposed to? If this happens again, and if something lands on someone's land somewhere, then it's time to start worrying.

Actually, if something like this is a big OOPS, that's quite worrisome too

There's no room for snafus such as this.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

What does he have to say regarding the the launch in Scotsdale by Luke Air Force base?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yeah but do you guys see the UFO?

Yeah I'm new here, and I'm trying to embed, and it may not be working out so here is the link

www.youtube.com...

I draw your attention to 1:35 of the presentation and at 3:00 and invite the community to tell me WTF is that?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Civilian launch? From the ocean? What civilians have this capability?

Boeing/Energia Sea Launch out of long beach California

www.sea-launch.com...

But according to this image from the report

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9813e03c60a.png[/atsimg]

I would say it was launched from the NAVY's 'secret' launch site on San Nicolas Island. Its wholly owned by the NAVY and many top secret stuff goes on there. It's right near where that dot show

33° 15' 0'' N, 119° 30' 0" W

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Fox News just reported that NORAD stated that there was now danger to the homeland, but the Pentagon then stated that they can't agree with NORAD because they don't have a clear enough explanation yet. NorthCom then stated that it wasn't launched by a foreign government but wouldn't say how they know this. The US Navy then immediately responded again that it wasn't launched by the US Navy.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28

What does he have to say regarding the the launch in Scotsdale by Luke Air Force base?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

*snip*

Sorry, I am trying. But he holds TS+ clearance and cant ever tell me anything

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Before you all vanish down into the bunkers and give your kids pistols with one shot each....Can someone find the weather report for the time it happened and then from that find the height of the cloud cover? At least then you have something to scale this by and some sort of time line.

Did anyone see or claim to see the object break the water before disappearing into the sky?

Has anyone called relatives, friends, enemies in the locale to ascertain what the scuttlebutt on the ground is?

Finally, given some of the luminaries on this thread so far..next time someone posts a video they are excited about and people give it the old *doh* why didn't you?...read this thread and be very very humble.
edit on 9-11-2010 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I know what it was now!!! The Fed had to eject the warp core from the printing press!!! It was getting to Damn Hot!!

link   
Now the various government departments can't seem to agree as to whether this was a launch from a foreign country. Navy says not possible but DOD states not sure about that. When the SHTF we will get a delayed warmed over response. Now the Pentagon is about to make an announcement. All Departments are now scrambling for an explanation. This is now the number 1 focus of Fox News. Stay tuned!_javascript:icon('
')

link   
Fox just said again they checked with Norad and the Militaries and they don't know what this was well, I think they better find out and fast. Northcom saying not from a foreign military.

IMO there has been some kind of failure here somewhere.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeanU
NOTAM for LA.

KZLA LOS ANGELES A2832/10 – THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS ARE REQUIRED DUE TO NAVAL AIR WARFARE CENTER WEAPONS DIVISION ACTIVATION OF W537. IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY, ALL NON-PARTICIPATING PILOTS ARE ADVISED TO AVOID W537. IFR TRAFFIC UNDER ATC JURISDICTION SHOULD ANTICIPATE CLEARANCE AROUND W537 AND CAE 1176. CAE 1155 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. CAE 1316 & CAE 1318 WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. CAE 1177 WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR OCEANIC TRANSITION. W537 ACTIVE, CAE 1176 CLOSED. SURFACE – FL390, 09 NOV 20:00 2010 UNTIL 10 NOV 01:00 2010. CREATED: 08 NOV 20:52 2010

What does this mean? Did they close the airspace after the launch? What is W537? What are non-participating pilots?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well the FOX news piece was laughable as suspected.

This has probably been asked before, but has anyone tracked where it went?
I'd say retrieval of the missile or remnants would be a good place to start and look for clues as to who made it.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by adept2uI draw your attention to 1:35 of the presentation and at 3:00 and invite the community to tell me WTF is that?

A helicopter, you can tell by the shape and the strobe.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Everyone is concerned (as I am) about the origin of the missile BUT what about where it ended up? I haven't heard anything about a city being leveled so did this thing just fall into the ocean, end up in orbit or what? There has to be info from someone who was tracking it, right?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I work with Military i understand he simply cant talk about it, he has a career. Really appreciate the few tidbits.

So if its illegal for the military to spy on its own who else would have the capabilities to pull of two launches in Southern US days apart?

The one in Scotsdale i was hearing was testing the new wave of Nasa Shuttles because they just retired the old model. How would the gov. agencies not know if it was Nasa?

Whats the vibe ur getting, them playing with new toys?
Why would they launch both these just before sunset? why not wait nooone would notice these at night which from both launches seems only minutes away.

link   
hmmmm if i was an enemy or not impressed with the us. the perfect time to show how unhappy i was would be to do it while the president was away! just like if i was in class and i didn like the teacher, id wait till she went out of the room to set up a prank on her....

link   

Originally posted by PatriotsPride
I know what it was now!!! The Fed had to eject the warp core from the printing press!!! It was getting to Damn Hot!!

Cosmic...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join