It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I may be a little late, but here's a loop I made of the "stages firing", or whatever you want to call it. Light reflecting off the "plane" or whatever. I created a youtube account a few minutes ago just for this clip.

edit on 11/9/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ericsnow

im not too sure about that video bc its about 50-75 miles NNW of the point it was initially spotted ... draw a line from santa cruz and catalina and stop about roughly halfway

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by 3RDiii

Gee. I lost a fan. Good thing that's not what attracts me to ATS otherwise I would have left a long time ago.

Don't ask me why the government does what it does or doesn't do what it doesn't do but if I had to guess I'd say it's because they're so busy covering their own butts that they're afraid to voice a strong opinion.

It's a jet contrail.

That doesn't make any sense. Why would they need to cover their butts if it was just a jet like you so adamantly state? You've seemed to come to this conclusion (plane) in a matter of hours (not sure when you first joined this discussion) yet the most powerful military in the world still can't say it's a damn plane? And this happened last night!? I'm fine with open debate but you really shouldn't be implying that this is without a doubt a plane. What makes you the expert here? What more do you have for evidence then the other side of the argument?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
No i realize this is a bit of a stretch but i was noticing the location of the cruise ship that lost its power, ill link to its locale at the end of the post. If you see where it was at and where it was headed it would have been in perfect location to view what happened. Like perfect location, a cruise ship with 4500 people on it would carry like 4000 cameras. way to many eyes for them,

4500 passengers, most of which with camera/video camera = big problem

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil. If China could pull that off, what a great way for them to stick a finger in our eye while our President is in their neck of the woods. Does China have Boomers?

China faked the fireworks at the Olympics, faked the singer, faked the one imgae they had of the moon and faked the Shenzhou 7 spacewalk. You really think they could park a sub off a secret NAVY base and not be spotted?

Here is a missile launch from a sub

Here is one that was self destructed when it went wrong

Notice the size of the flame?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ericsnow

Some problems with that video:

1. The images are from 11/9/10 (2010/313 - 11/09/10, see time 0:08). The Contrail was spotted 11/8/10.

2. The lighting and time of day don't seem to match visually, either.

I don't think that is an image of the same contrail. :shk:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by albertfothergill
reply to post by Phage

Are you really that pig headed phage? Its ok to change your mind!

Come on, we don't have to resort to name calling now do we?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 3RDiii

If fired from the Navy base on the island which has a missile capability of some sort, the missile would have been a minimum of 100 miles from LA at launch. However,the news report last night said if was in the area north of Catalina Isand, that is only about 35 miles from LA. This was a large rocket and if fired from a sub launch in that area, certainly the noise of its lift off would have deafened the folks on Catalina and likely would have been heard all along the coast. So it is likely it was much further out, probably from the navy base at about a 100 miles.

A huge plane such as a 747 that is used to cross the Pacific has a fairly wide seperation of its engines along the wings. It seems likely that the initial seperation of contrail plumes would have been noticed, but we don't see that feature. We see one dense plume. As I mentioned in an earlier post, we can see more and more of the rocket exhaust as it tips away from us, and near the end of the video, we see a brightening of its as is typical when a first stage seperates.

If it was a airplane already at altitude, there would be little curve of it within a few seconds of visual contact, but that is exactly what we see, a nice curve that is a hallmark of a rocket arching over as it reaches high altitudes.

Question: Why do those that always debunk any UFO sighting keep insisting that this is an airplane and not a rocket? Is it just to be difficult, or is there some other reason? Maybe it wasn't a rocket either, and maybe it WAS closer?

edit on 9-11-2010 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2010 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

This is from the cameraman who shot the footage:

Interview with the camera man who shot the footage!
_____
Cameraman Gil Leyvas shot video of a luminous point hurtling through the sky followed by a long vapor trail. He said he was aboard the television station's helicopter shooting footage of the sunset over the ocean about 5:15 p.m when he noticed the spiral-shaped vapor trail and zoomed in to get a better look.

The onboard camera showed a plume twisting up from the horizon and narrowing as it climbed into the sky near Catalina Island, about 35 miles west of Los Angeles, he said.

"Whatever it was, it was spinning up into the sky kind of like a spiral," and was easy to distinguish from condensation trails from jets, he said. "It was quite a sight to see. It was spectacular."

I don't buy the jet contrail theory... not when the guy that shot the footage says things like that.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ericsnow
THIS VIDEO SHOWS THE MISSILE CAME FROM LAND! (FAKE?)

I'd say unrelated, given that there's no time stamp, it says todays date and the fact that there's contrails on satellite images all the time.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Here is another Rocket Launch (from Russia) that was called a UFO in China. The media managed to inject this launch into the story of the UFO that shut down the airport in China, when in reality that one was merely a radar only sighting

Notice what happens when the stage separates?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

you wouldn't happen to know how to access archived images similar to that one would you, so we can look at the 8th ... i tried looking through the modis site but it's not organized very well.

link   
could be lights very interesting video
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

link   
Norway bans testing of Israeli submarines in its waters

Israel could be testing inside US Marine Boundaries?
Anywhere else (international waters), may mean having to gain permission to fire from a world body.

With the US defence budget, satelites, early warning systems....

Come on. that should have been tracked, recon planes scrambled, anti-sub (sonar buoys) deployed.

The Govt knows.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomadatigger

Originally posted by albertfothergill
reply to post by Phage

Are you really that pig headed phage? Its ok to change your mind!

Come on, we don't have to resort to name calling now do we?

i agree, although i dont always see eye to eye with him, or his explanations/stances. I have not once heard him name call or resort to childish slander, think he deserves the same.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I notice many MSM sites are now posting disinfo that this is likely "just a plane contrail seen from a certain angle"...yeah right...every picture and video taken of it, including from a CNN helicopter was at a "certain angle" ?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The Pentagon has probably been watching this thread, through the process of elimination picking out the best explanations for a vote by Pentagon Staff to see which one they should use when they finally come forward with their Official Explanation tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
i think this might be an attempt to desensitize the public. maybe this will be the norm for people on the west coast in the future. only thing i know is who ever did this got the attention they wanted. it was clearly meant to be seen.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I will say it. It is a Trident Submarine Missile. There is absolutely no question or doubt in my mind.
SOMEONE, is going to be in big trouble. I think it was part of an exercise gone wrong. The public was NOT, supposed to see this! It was supposed to occur further out at sea, out of the public's eye....

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join