It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

thanks, im looking at water currents in the area, really anything, trying to find any information in any area online that indicates something was off.

im a logical person and really dont like not understanding it at all, i also saw the one in Scotsdale im a candian down here for vacation and i know what i saw and it was no contrail, if it were to be an illusion by coming at me why did it never make it over me??
edit on 9-11-2010 by Hack28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hello.. been following here for about a year and a half. My wife has an account. I have just now created an account for myself. Every "Page" has an answer. Every "Page" has substantial information at it's fingertips. Every "Page" is an expert in almost every field..except common sense. Move along nothing to see here..EVER.

I think it is time to turn the "Page".

A Jet contrail...Really?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
New NASA 'all new primitive 100 year old rocket technology' shuttle type thing testing again would be most likely if they this quiet about it.

link   
reply to post by carewemust

It went away, towards west, so no one knows except those who launched it where it went.
The original video gives impression that it went west, contrail is, in my opinion, too thick to be an ordinary airplane contrail. Video ends too soon to prove that it was an airplane bound to LA or Phoenix.
This is why we have 65 pages of speculation, and government and media are clueless. It seems to be a big deal only here on ATS.

link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Could be a secret military rocket with a satellite going into space and a traffic camera guy got the shot of a lifetime blowing the cover....

Vandenburg, San Nicolas and Point Mugu are always launching stuff. Few people even pay attention anymore. Those three are all close to the area.

How do you launch a secret rocket 35 miles off of the coast of LA and expect no one to see it

edit on 9-11-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Phage

Are you really that pig headed phage? Its ok to change your mind!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 3RDiii

Gee. I lost a fan. Good thing that's not what attracts me to ATS otherwise I would have left a long time ago.

Don't ask me why the government does what it does or doesn't do what it doesn't do but if I had to guess I'd say it's because they're so busy covering their own butts that they're afraid to voice a strong opinion.

It's a jet contrail.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I spoke to a friend who use to work for a defense contractor that worked on upgrading components on various submarines He stated that it is possible that if it was really a missile, that it was actually a malfunction of some sort, that a submarine had to purposefully jettison the missile or that the missile launched due to a failure somewhere.

This would prove to be a highly embarrassing situation, and the missile most likely fell harmlessly into the sea with recovery operations currently in progress. There are fail-safes to prevent detonation of any warhead, and also to self destruct a missile.

I asked if it was a 'secret' launch and he said that if it was meant to be secret no one would have ever heard about it, as there are launching platforms literally in the middle of nowhere that no one would be able to see.

So who knows. Maybe it was a 'show of strength' or it could just be an embarrassing episode that the military is trying to downplay.

Who knows...
edit on 9-11-2010 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

I think this has Punked all over it, this could be a Russian missile, or Chinese and right now there is a sub high tailing it outta there laughing there asses off... It's a real poke in the eye to get that close ond do something so blatant.

I was thinking the same thing. If China could pull that off, what a great way for them to stick a finger in our eye while our President is in their neck of the woods. Does China have Boomers?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
is there any raw unedited footage from that cameraman from yesterday who saw this? I have only seen 3 videos and upon watching them again it appears they edited the footage to make it appear to be moving faster than a normal jet. but I would like to see unedited raw footage if anyone has a link that they have seen on youtube or something.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I speculate that it was one of 4 possible scenarios:

1) It was a launching of the next generation of the X-37B unmanned shuttle (Remote control war/spying toy), from a missile configuration. Have no ilusions that they're building the next gen versions for launches from missiles.
That way they can build many of them, and have multiple unmanned shuttles, all tasked with specific jobs, all strategically located around the globe.

2) A "MAJOR" sub malfunction, possibly involving a new variant of Stuxnet, reconfigured for the US military defense infrastructure. Anyone with an expanded programming knowledge can tell you that Stuxnet was specifically configured for the technology it damaged. I knew when Stuxnet first came to pass, that Pandora's Box had been opened. Like that Oppenheimer moment they had way back when.

3) A show of technological ability. NORAD, and The Pentagon say they do not know where the object came from. Maybe they were testing a new sub technology in relation to rapid deployment and launch capabilities, while maintaining stealth in the launch craft. We all know that our military tests the limits on other sovereign nations' borders with our recon and surveillance whether via sub, or satellite. It would be foolish to think that other nations aren't doing the same thing. Maybe this time, the US military was giving the other nations a show of US technology, being able to fire this type of missile from the water, and remain undetected by enemy technology in the sea, and space. The ultimate game of "Where's Waldo", persay.
Nothing brings defiant rival nations into compliance better than showing them that their latest technology cannot protect them as well as they thought.. before that moment.

4) The US is deep ass in debt to China. China and Russia are stepping away from the dollar in lockstep. This threatens the US in a sense as we can not look weak in the global stage. Maybe the message is "Financially weak at the moment... Not Defensively Weak"... Anyone who thinks China and Russia aren't getting their subs, and aircraft on the bleeding edge of our air space are just ignorant. It's a cat and mouse game we've played globally since the cold war.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

I have already proposed a situation where a sub and the mentioned cruising ship collided in that area and that sub had to launch a missile to avoid eventual bigger damage.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You're funny.

It's a missile.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Being ex military, I promise you if we dont know what it is, we will do all we can to find out. If we did launch it, we will never really know why. And if it was not us, whoever it was will not get away with it again. Everyday, there are things that happen around us we have no idea of and the reason for. But everyday, we live life the way we choose and enjoy the freedoms our country allows us to enjoy. I just hope that TPTB don't ruin everything for everyone else.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
youtube has lots of california news reports posted. one says that the object "lit up the night sky" .why would a plane do that? the more i watch, the less i think this is a an airplane.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
THIS VIDEO SHOWS THE MISSILE CAME FROM LAND! (FAKE?)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Read through pages of this

Can't read every post

Target = Cruise ship

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Maybe the cruise ship & some passengers are privy to what happened...that starboard engine shot out for the stars....

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Maybe it's a government ploy to get people to sign up as ATS members so they can get the ip's off all their enemies.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ericsnow
THIS VIDEO SHOWS THE MISSILE CAME FROM LAND! (FAKE?)

A mod on the prisonplanet forum said it's a China Lake Live Naval Missile Test

new topics

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join