It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Maybe someone who's had enough of chemtrails? If so, I've got to sympathise......and applaud, lol!

Second
edit on 9-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Or maybe a false flag to instill fear in people?

Let's see: It was reported by the MSM. It's not adding up. Seems like they're lying = ticks a lot of the FF boxes. They know peoplea are expecting something - so it could be more nefarious psyops.

Or maybe it will be another terrorist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 9-11-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
All this does is give credence to the fact that theres a lot going on with TPTB and they dont want the media in on it. Im sure a lot of people in the immediate area are trying to get to the bottom of this, with a bit of luck it may force a press conference of some type.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

sears tower was one of the original targets of the "bojinka plot" which ultimately resulted in the 9-11 attacks. during 9 11 only the wtc and pentagon were hit. according to the bojinka plot the sears tower, transamerica pyramid, the white house, and capital building were also supposed to be attacked.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Is there a link between these two launches?

check this older post from ATS on the 5th November Something that looked like a missile over Phoenix

Very Curious indeed.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Cruise ship stranded without power after fire

edition.cnn.com...

Well, you never know. This incident happened to the south of missile launch. Perhaps a cruising ship launched one of its flares and caught fire?

Or a fishing boat stepped on a tuna booby trap?

Or, how about cruising ship and submarine collided, and later on sub had to get rid of some of its missiles?
edit on 9-11-2010 by DangerDeath because: One more sentence.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It is a contrail. It is all a matter of perspective. It isn't the first time that such a contrail has caused confusion.

contrailscience.com...

Think about it? No ballistic missile is launched without a NOTAM (Notice to Airman) being issued. There is a whole issue of flight safety for all concerned. Also think about an unannounced launch of a ballistic missile. It isn't going to go unnoticed by the likes of Russia with their space based and ground based ballistic missile warning systems. For the Russians it would be considered a rogue launch. Strict protocol is in force between the US and Russia to avoid such a misinterpretation.

TJ

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkRift

Here's the plane:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springheel Jack
Nobody, absolutely NO BODY, would violate US Airspace after 9/11 without every alarm going off up the chain.
Did someone say they violated US airspace? I'm not sure how far off the coast of CA that extends but please enlighten me if you know.

It looks to me like it might be far enough offshore to be in international waters and if the missile headed away from the USA then perhaps it never violated US airspace, just got close enough to raise the hair on our neck?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Perhaps this is related in some way to this:
why is a chinese radar truck in the us
by XPLodER
started on: posted on 11/8/2010 @ 06:32 PM
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo
It is a contrail. It is all a matter of perspective. It isn't the first time that such a contrail has caused confusion.

contrailscience.com...

Think about it? No ballistic missile is launched without a NOTAM (Notice to Airman) being issued. There is a whole issue of flight safety for all concerned. Also think about an unannounced launch of a ballistic missile. It isn't going to go unnoticed by the likes of Russia with their space based and ground based ballistic missile warning systems. For the Russians it would be considered a rogue launch. Strict protocol is in force between the US and Russia to avoid such a misinterpretation.

TJ

I highly, highly doubt that a former Deputy Defense Secretary would mistake a contrail for an intercontinental ballistic missile shot from a submarine... his only guess of what it might be.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

There is a contrail left after the missile is launched. If you watched the video, you can plainly see there is a missile.

I totally agree with the second part of your post. Either someone knew that this was going to be launched, or there was a lot of scrambling to figure out who launched it.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This isn't the first time this sort of thing has occurred.
December 31, 2009:

Mystery deepens with video of ‘launch’ off O.C.

sciencedude.ocregister.com...

Another one, in Key West, talked about here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks like a jet contrail to me. A missile gets going quite a bit faster than that.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
How much would you like to bet it was Chinese? Obama and Bernanke have been doing a great job pissing them off lately. The Chinese did a demonstration off of Tibet over the weekend to warn India that they're onto the new arms deal.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
That movie scared the crap outta me!!!!reply to post by windwaker

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Can somebody please watch the video between 52 seconds and 56 seconds, pay attention to the city to the right / below, the movement of the helicopter and the movement of the "missile" smoke trail, could be just me, but something doesn't seem right..................
edit on 9/11/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Looks like a jet contrail to me. A missile gets going quite a bit faster than that.

Are you saying that the Florida tape looks like a contrail, or the KCBS News chopper footage from California?

Watching the KCBS video, it sure looks like a SLBM launch, which I had the luck to see one while in the US Navy.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
achmed1: Holy crap
achmed2: what?
achmed3: I just re-read osama's email
achmed2: yes?
achmed1: says take boat to east coast and launch
achmed2: uh oh
achmed3: I know
achmed2: we're on west coast
achmed1: I know
achmed2: see if I ever use Microsoft Streets & Trips for directions again.
achmed1&2: hahhahahhahaa
achmed3: SILENCE!
achmed3: WE WILL KILL YOU! ... someday....
(scene fades to black as all 3 achmeds sit in the boat, laughing nefariously while re-arranging objects on a lego toy set)

edit on 11/9/2010 by abecedarian because: to add more laughter

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Did a little poking around and via comments elsewhere it looks like the missile could have been a test shot from San Nicolas Island which just happens to be a missile test facility run by the Air Force, which would nicely explain why Vandenburg said they didn't put anything up and the Navy said they did no launches either. Its a lot less scary a concept than a foreign nation letting one off the chain near our border (and well within the 200 mile buffer zone) but the simplest explanation seems to be the right one in many cases.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes but Phage did anyone own up to those previous launches. And dont you even feel its strange that the US NAVY hasnt owned up to a launch out in the ocean where the hang out at. Do you not see any issue with a launch and noone owns up to it sorta like the Norway Spiral. I dont know what it was for, but personally do feel its strange. Phage if you can produce information on who may have launched it, it would only add to you credibility on ATS. Thanks if you can produce.

edit on 11/9/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join