It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I guess that I'm alright then! I got plenty of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout and top ramen to go around!

Otherwise, this launch seems highly suspect. Hmmmmm.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
The US Navy has no idea where the missile came from.

Um we got issues then if they dont know or wanna tell. Is this the same launch seen in Phoenix or another?

edit on 11/9/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
this seems rather suspicious.

obama is in india, but i feel if war started now, it would be way too obvious that the big o had advanced knowledge of its kick off.

this is something to keep an eye on.

S&F

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Um we got issues then if they dont know or wanna tell. Is this the same launch seen in Phoenix or another?

This is a different one that happened yesterday (Monday, Nov. 8)

Launched off the coast of California. Here is a screen shot from the video estimating where the launch was from.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb3e6ff38aa6.png[/atsimg]

Yellow dot to the left labeled "35 miles West of Los Angeles"

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
so they wanna tell us..some shot a missle ..(and from the trail i would say a very big one) and noone knows who or where ..

thats a joke...im sure the gov knows but wont tell...

my opinion is...something in space...they shot alot of stuff upthere last weeks.

wonder what for

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
We fired a missile above our own airspace as a show of force towards Asia?

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, and I lived through both the Reagan and Bush Presidencies.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Posting this here instead of another thread:

The point of interest lies in the fact that NOONE knows who fired the missile or what fired the missile. The only way the military learned about this missile was from a news helicopter that happened to be filming the area at the time.

The navy already came clean and admitted that they did NOT fire the missile. The missile was fired 35 miles out in the sea, west of LA. Being that this took place at sea I would venture to say that it would be the navy or the air force. Scratch the Navy because they have no information about the launch and were caught unawares of missiles invading american airspace.

I find it odd that the Navy spokesperson was caught off guard about the issue.Even if the Navy was caught off guard, they are not part of any kind of military intelligence, but seriously they should have a basic idea of what goes on in the world. Even if they are just on boats its really no excuse to ignore national security and not pay attention to missiles flying around in american airspace. The air force also admitted they had no knowledge of missiles flying around, and that the event was only brought to their attention thanks to the daring footage caught by a rogue camera man onboard a KCBS news helicopter. Now the Air Force has alot of the more intelligent people in the armed forces working for them which strikes me as very odd that they would not be looking into this matter until this helicopter pilot put it right in their face for the whole world to see that once again America has been caught off guard. It happened before with 9-11 and now we have missiles flying all over the place with no accountability.

Some ambassador came up with the line that maybe we did it as a show of power? I read that in the article that he said that about why the missile was fired. What show of power? We spend 895 billion dollars on defense which is more then the next top 27 nations combined and I think over 20 of those are our allies. Must cost alot to train these soldiers to go walk around in the mountains camping and hunting sheep farmers (Yet these same soldiers still come back with PTSD from sheep farmers!). The ambassador is making things up but I am sure that even a 9 year old could come up with a better excuse. Basically the ambassador is simply trying to coverup the fact that other countries are firing missiles into the heartland of America to test our defenses. Possibly the democrats or a foreign nation are the same people who fired the missile at the BP oil rig to damage americas credibility and BP's credibility. Basically this amounts to nothing more then the radical left of America trying to tear down fair trade and capitalism once again. The democrats and obamas black baggers were not satisfied with just taking out BP oil rigs now they want to instill fear in the hearts of Americans everywhere so they can take control of the country. Former President George W. Bush even said in a recent interview that an attack is imminent on american soil. Clearly once again the democrats are asleep at the switch and have no interest in protecting america and are satisfied with missiles flying around our country. No wonder since the democrats are the ones firing the missiles all over the place.
edit on 9-11-2010 by tigpoppa because: Added facts and references

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thank you OneisOne. God forbid the galactic war has made it to EARTH now and they are not speaking of who launched because it was NASA.... Far reach but hey noone is explaining how off the west coast within 100 miles of U.S. land noone owns up to why or who?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Come on! Some kid gets an Estes Delux kit for his birthday and everybody wants to make an international incident out of it.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I wonder what all the secrecy is about? Why all these rocket launches when the Pres is out of the country? Also any chance it could be something to help against sunspot disturbances and protecting the atmosphere?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Some kid gets an Estes Delux kit for his birthday

I want the deluxe kit!

What fer hobby shop carries them boogers?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
reply to post by butcherguy

Also, if it was a military launch, why would the Navy not know about it?

If you want to display a show of force, you don't launch a missile OVER YOUR OWN SKIES!!! Do you?

It don't really matter where the missile flies over on the way up, it's going up into low space and presumably going to re enter somewhere else, that's called a sub orbital flight, that's basically how your intercontinental missiles go from one continent to another.

Regarding the navy not knowing, even most f the crew aboard a sub have no idea where they are - so it stands to reason that the press office pretty much only know what they are told.

Sub launch 'test' fire as a show of strength sounds about right, Putin drives an F1 car, Obama fires one off.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

1. Blame Obama for this
2. Blame democrats for this
3. Blame Obama and the democrats for BP oil rig disaster

Yep, you went all kinds of stupid in that post.

On topic: It obvious that the military knows, but isn't making comment. The launch was probably above the pay grade of the naval official. Even though it's evident that the launch was of US origin it is still quite worrisome to have such things occurring so close to US soil while being so "top secret".

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It's just off the coast of Pt. Mugu NAWS. Weapons testing station. If the Navy don't know about it, they have their eyes closed, their fingers in their ears, and they are saying, "la la la la la" really loudly.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
What concerns me is that NORAD has not made a comment about this. CBS says it might be an ICBM launch 36 miles off the US coast and NORAD didn't pick it up?

The North Koreans and Iran will be rolling around the floor laughing their collective arses off

If I was in Cal. I would be in front of Arnie's office DEMANDING to know who fired the rocket and why the NAVY seems to know nothing about it!!!!

This has FLASE FLAG written all over it! and guess who will get NUKED as a result.

I would not put it passed Obumbo to claim the North Koreans paddled a 1950's rust bucket sub over put the bow of the sub nose down and fired an ICBM out of the back door like a Pez dispenser
so now we have to nuke both Iran and Korea.

They might even explode a nuke for real as their game is so obvious they will need a huge panic to cover the obvious game. Obama is done for and they are going to try and help him along with some Trauma Programming to start yet another war.

Patriotism is defending one's own borders and people, not invading and killing another's! - Bring the troops HOME!
edit on 9/11/2010 by theregonnakillme because: paniced and pushed the submit button :-)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Watching CNN right now.... lets see... Pitts beats cinn....Tiger goes back on tour....no hecking tiger or you'll be bounced... Pres in Indo...WAIT..WAIT..HERE WE GO.... "Possible ban on Happy meals!" Oh no, I'm not going to stand for that. I'm going to write my Congress right now!

Well nothing on nobody knowing about a rogue missle. Guess it didn't happen. There's nothing to see here folks. Move along...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme
This has FLASE FLAG written all over it! and guess who will get NUKED as a result.

I think this has Punked all over it, this could be a Russian missile, or Chinese and right now there is a sub high tailing it outta there laughing there asses off... It's a real poke in the eye to get that close ond do something so blatant.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Even though it's evident that the launch was of US origin
What would the evidence be?

The US Navy saying that they don't know?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'm just wondering, how reliable is the source news site? I have been keeping my eyes on the BBC News website as well as other mainstream sites and no-one is reporting this yet, you would think a rogue missile would have caught the attention of other media outlets....any of the smaller sites reporting are just pointing back to the source. Something about the story doesn't smell right, something like this would have reporters round the globe drooling.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

It is a local affiliate of CBS news, I would give it credence. They filmed the launch from a news helicopter.

Seems legit to me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join