It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 191
<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Finally the 10 minute saga has been put to rest. Gil Leyvas has revealed in interview that he did film the contrail for 10 minutes. Gil Leyvas revealed that he videotaped the contrail for a total of ten minutes and subsequently continued to view the contrail for an additional ten minutes. Gil Leyvas also revealed that his copy of the video still exists covering that 10 minute period.

Dr Brian J Kopp has tracked down and interviewed both Gil Leyvas (Helicopter Cameraman) and independent amateur photographer Rick Warren.

Dr Kopp states on the Freepers thread "Given the discrepancy, I tracked down Leyvas himself, and we spoke by phone for almost an hour, and subsequently exchanged about a dozen emails."

World Net Daily fabricates a "Missile" Contrail tale

www.freerepublic.com...

edit on 18-12-2010 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I can't even begin to make sense out of this:

Problem is, who is going to protect your airline? If you are in the US, you are protected by the US air defense system. If you are flying on France International, you are flying on that system.

What in the heck is "France International"?? And, what is the point...."protected by the US air defense system" when flying in the US??

What does THAT have to do with the (provably FALSE) claim of a "missile" fired offshore the USA, in International waters??

IF this had been a true instance of such an event, due to the proximity (and "International" waters only apply to the "rights" of the vessel to be there, NOT to act provocatively and aggressively) then....there would have been NO DOUBTS, at all!

It was an airplane contrail...and this entire "debate" has been a comedy of futility. Testament to the inanity that is present, in today's World, and so many of her people.....

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo
Finally the 10 minute saga has been put to rest. Gil Leyvas has revealed in interview that he did film the contrail for 10 minutes. Gil Leyvas revealed that he videotaped the contrail for a total of ten minutes and subsequently continued to view the contrail for an additional ten minutes. Gil Leyvas also revealed that his copy of the video still exists covering that 10 minute period.

Dr Brian J Kopp has tracked down and interviewed both Gil Leyvas (Helicopter Cameraman) and independent amateur photographer Rick Warren.

Dr Kopp states on the Freepers thread "Given the discrepancy, I tracked down Leyvas himself, and we spoke by phone for almost an hour, and subsequently exchanged about a dozen emails."

World Net Daily fabricates a "Missile" Contrail tale

www.freerepublic.com...

edit on 18-12-2010 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the link..Yes he says he filmed it for 10 minutes according to Dr Kopp, but he doesn't say it actually continued to form a trail for that long..He just kept filming the remnants..
Quoted from your link..

When I play the video I can time the duration of the object in flight which was between 30-45 seconds of "Glow Time" - which is inclusive within, and at the end of the 2-3 minute estimated flight time from which the plume was visible at the horizon ... I can rely on the raw footage as it plays to gauge my estimated times since it plays back in real time on the player deck's control track timer.”

Even Rick Warren didn't think it was a contrail until convinced later supposidly..

I see lots of contrails from my 10th floor balcony but the difference in this one was that it “seemed” to be going up.”

It would be good to hear that 1 hour interview and even better to see the 10 minutes of unedited film...
Thanks for the U2u mate...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Backinblack.
No problem. You are welcome.

You can see where Gil Leyvas is confused when he mentions the small contrail. That is why the full uncut video is so important. Gil Leyvas considers that the small plume is just a drifiting contrail with nothing at its head.

See post #91 by Yardstick.

www.freerepublic.com...

See from around the 40 second mark on the video. Gil Leyvas is simply confused over the small contrail. Rick Warren's timeline proves that he was still able to film the object producing the contrail for around 4 minutes 30 seconds.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Thanks. That satisfied my curiosity.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

This bit seems odd..

Based on altitude and position, the object first appeared in Leyvas’ video at least five minutes prior to Warren’s photos.

I studied Rick's photos and they appear to be taken around the same time..
Even from the same direction as the clouds even match..

Leyvas sounds sincere and if you believe him then the trail was made in a few minutes.
[ex[Leyvas maintains that the object itself that created the contrail only remained in view for two to three minutes. For 30 to 45 seconds, the object glowed brightly and then seemed to disappear from view.

All very odd..It may have been one very unusual control as both men,at least initialy, ruled out a plane..

Maybe someone will talk him into releasing the uncut film..
I don't know what the one you posted is.
I've seen it but the later part was added later and doesn't look right to me...
It didn't simply zoom in..It was edited in...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Even Gil Leyvas was confused by Rick's images. That is where the confusion arises. Gil thinks that the small contrail is something that broke away from the main 'plume'. Gil thinks that is just a drifting 'contrail/plume' with nothing at its head. At that point the MD-11 was descending and and only producing a smaller contrail. As it descended lower that contrail would eventually disappear. Also remember that Gil Leyvas is convinced that it was heading away from the coast and not coming towards his camera. That is fundamental when studying Gil's description of events. That is also the theory for many of the hard-line 'missileers' over on the Free Republic forum. (See later links)

Basic triangulation and line of sight using the LAX webcam, Rick Warrens image, the Hermosa Beach images and also the video from Mission Viejo prove that this 'plume/contrail' was heading towards the coast.

In reality the following images prove that the 'plume' was not vertical. It is a clear case of mistaken perspective by Gil Leyvas. Not the first person to be fooled by the illusion and he won't be the last.

i47.photobucket.com...

i47.photobucket.com...

From post #561 by Yardstick on the following.

www.freerepublic.com...

Check out the graphics on the following.

See post #290 by Rokke on the following.

www.freerepublic.com...

See post #620 by Rokke in relation to the Cargo Law image and Flight UPS902.

www.freerepublic.com...

The object was moving towards the coast as Rick Warren's images prove. Rick was able over a period of about 4 and a half minutes to record it. Gil Leyvas was using high powered optics at extreme range so from his perspective and with foreshortening it appeared to be rising out of the sea, going vertical and heading out away from the coast. That is why it the full video is so important. The LAX webcam and Hermosa Beach images show the true perspective of the contrail and the direction that it was heading. That heading was towards the coastline. Look at the other aircraft contrails in the Hermosa Beach images and the direction that they are going in?

The MD-11 was producing a persistent contrail heading towards the coast. That persistent contrail as seen on satellite images was very long indeed. This has been covered with you before. Yes that contrail would have been visible for hundreds of miles from someone observing from the coast. If Mount Everest was positioned out there in the ocean how far away would you be able to see the mountain from? At that time the MD-11 was up at 39,000 feet producing a persistent contrail that was visible from satellite. Think how wide that contrail would have been as the wind blew it south? It was wide enough to be detected by satellite.

What size contrail can be seen in a satellite image?

asd-www-temp.larc.nasa.gov...

That video has also been covered on the various threads on ATS. I have already discussed it with you on ATS. On one occasion you were claiming that the video were made up of partly still images. That is simply another cut of the Gil Leyvas video that the TV station released. The main one as shown to the General, former NATO secretary and Jane's Rocket and Missile Editor was the looped portion concentrating on the 'missile rocket engine portion'. It was edited purely for effect.

Another edit was released showing the part where Gil Leyvas films what he thinks is a piece broken off and drifing away from the main plume. That is what totally confuses Gil Leyvas. To him the object has already gone and all that is left is a vertical plume. Consider that the MD-11 has been producing this large persistent contrail and then as it moves towards the coast the contrail tails off into a short one. As the MD-11 descends that short contrail simply disappears.

In the stills released by CBS you can see the short contrail visible as Gil Leyvas zoomed out. You can clearly see the error that Gil Leyvas has made here. He presumes that whatever made the 'vertical plume' has at that point long since gone and headed out to sea, whereas in reality it is still heading towards the coast and producing a small contrail.

Repost of the video again. The one that you are concerned about.

See stills from pieces of the Gil Leyvas video at the following.

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

Scroll through the 13 images to number 8 labelled 'missile-launch-8'

The small separate trail is what you see in the later portion of the video above.

See image number 7 labelled 'missile-launch-7'

Also visible in image 9 'missile-launch-9'

That small trail is also visible in images 11, 12 and 13.

That is where Gil Leyvas has totally confused himself. Gil is still under the impression that the main plume is vertical. Whatever made it he believes is long since gone heading away out to sea. He believes that the small trail is just a drifting trail from whatever made it.

It isn't the only thing that Gil filmed that doesn't appear in the released portions of the video. Again that is why the full 10 minutes should be released completely uncut. In the stills released Gil also captures another contrail. That contrail is nothing to do with the main one that he filmed. Nothing on the video matches up with it. It is believed that this is part of the other contrail that can be seen in the Hermosa Beach image. It is believed to be the remnants of AWE808s contrail.

Image number 3 labelled 'missile-launch-1'

This capture from video footage does not appear in any video released.

Hermosa Beach on the 8th November

That is why it makes such a fascinating subject at all levels and in my opinion simply boils down to Gil being fooled by a persistent contrail and perspective.

Remember this is the second time that he has reported such an event within the space of that week in November. On both days UPS902 was flying the exact same route and time. The MD-11 and other tri-engined airliners have been confusing skywatchers for years. Tri-engined airliners can and do produce unique blended contrails. It is my opinion that Gil Leyvas was fooled on the 4th November and the 8th November by an MD-11 at producing a contrail at sunset.

Obviously this was before the clock change so the time is 18:05 PDT as compared to 18:02 PST. Gil doesn't provide a time for the 4th November, but it might be very telling if it ties up with Flight UPS902 on the 4th? Was Gil Leyvas fooled twice by a persistent MD-11 contrail twice around sunset time?

Snippet from his CBS TV interview.

"Well, I realized that it was something that we saw earlier from the week before -- we saw something very similar the past Thursday, and immediately I realized that it was something very similar, and called on the 2-way there to our assignment desk to let them know that we were seeing it again. It's not as dramatic as the one from yesterday -- the one from yesterday was pretty spectacular. Like I said, it was growing in nature and continued to fly up into the sky, and at one point it seemed to separate. The smoke or the plume seemed to stop and then continue further up in the sky and then finally disappear."

Interview link at following.

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

UPS902 using a McDonnell Douglas MD-11 flew the same route/time on the 4th from Honolulu to Ontario, California. I wonder if Gil Leyvas still has film from 4th November as it might just put this whole event to rest? Was Gil filming the UPS MD-11 on 4th November?

From 4th November - UPS902. Details recorded have the 4th November flight arriving at Ontario (KONT)
at 18:05 PDT. On the 8th November UPS902 arrived at Ontario (KONT) at 18:02 PST.

flightaware.com...

flightaware.com...

8th November for comparison.

flightaware.com...

TJ

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
More missiles off California? Those pesky foreign ballistic subs are at it again!

Taken by Rick Warren on 27th December 2010. Rick Warren is the person who took the contrail images on 8th November 2010.

www.flickr.com...

Was it Flight UPS902 again producing its unique contrail from its three engines? On the 27th December McDonnell Douglas MD-11 was flying the following route.

flightaware.com...

According to the Exif data on Ricks images the times are December 27, 2010 4:59:34PM and December 27, 2010 5:00:10PM

See initial analysis from post 637 onwards at the following.

www.freerepublic.com...

TJ

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
191 pages about a made-up news story that was obvious from the start. Not the most efficient use of time is it?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It's The Journey, Not The Destination

Originally posted by ommadawn
191 pages about a made-up news story that was obvious from the start. Not the most efficient use of time is it?

I just double-checked, and efficiency isn't required by our terms & conditions.

And that's all I'm going to say about that.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

sorry, meant for Super Moderator
if, im a dork. i mean ommadawn, liked 191 pgs of made up stories, i got 1 more made up story for him. I think it was a missle test launched by the USA of a missle designed to disperse a bio or chemical weapon close to a populated area and to see how 1 would act. They could of placed a non-harmful dispersant that could be detected by the gov, or cheney owned sensors placed around the city before the launch. ( i bet wind was off shore that day). the main purpose of event, was to see how yanks and the world would react, ie would they panic? answer , NO. most would stand around stareing at a missle like a dumb arsed kid stareing at some fire crackers, others would beleive the military when they lie like a parent to there dumb arsed kid. the rest of us know whats getting stuffed up our bums. USA gov,and others ( including mine) can experiment on the world without our knowledge or our consent. i think this was yet another time.
edit on 20-1-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

just saying hi from oz, sent last mess, to wrong 1, meant 4 you and others

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Your post is not the least bit believable. The primary reason is because you come across as an uneducated person. This is not the fourth grade. This is the real world. All those little things your teacher used to harp on you about, have come to fruition.

11 Capitalization errors.
2 Missing apostrophes.
2 Improper use of numbers. ‘1’ instead of ‘I’
3 Wrong choice of words. ‘of’ instead of ‘have’ and ‘there’ instead of ‘their’ ‘got’ instead of ‘have’
1 Run on sentence.

I could go on but it’s too early.

The meaning of your post will be ignored by most simply because of the way you posted it.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by samkent

great arguement. i can't spell. you got head up arse

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

I wouldn't expect any less from you yank's anyway. You can't debate, but I bet ya got a gun and can shot it too.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

If you would be so kind, the thread is long, yes.....but, re-read the post by ommadawn, and it will be clear that he/she was pointing out that the "missile" story WAS MADE UP. And, he/she posted to say that it seemed a waste to go for 191 pages, over that made-up story.

Now, you may review the thread...just look at most of the last pages, and you will see clearly that is is completely explained....it was an airliner that made a contrail....a contrail that was illuminated by the setting Sun.

This is a VERY common optical illusion...IF your view angle is just right. We even know the flight, it is in the thread pages.

It is ALSO importaint to point out...NO ONE ELSE in the Los Angeles area looked up, saw the contrail, and panicked and called the emergency phone lines to say "My Gosh, it's a missile!!!!" Nobody.

This was a TV news cameraman, on a slow news day....and it spun out of control. Whether a "prank", or a "fluff piece", not sure. But, it demonstrated quite clearly that the Internet is a wild animal....and, as relatively new technology, and information source, is still taking some getting used to.

Oh, and friendly advice....many of us (myself included, over three years ago) fail to "read the fine print" when we sign up. You may wish to study the Terms of Service agreement for this site. Here, I will link it:

Just click HERE.

BTW, also.....my browser includes a "spellcheck" function. While it's impolite to criticize others, it IS a nice thing, for the others who read your work, IF you can help it along a bit, for clarity. I use the "checker" very, very often, because I type fast, and misspell all the time.......
edit on 20 January 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The word is shoot not shot.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
reply to post by meathed

Your post is not the least bit believable. The primary reason is because you come across as an uneducated person. This is not the fourth grade. This is the real world. All those little things your teacher used to harp on you about, have come to fruition.

11 Capitalization errors.
2 Missing apostrophes.
2 Improper use of numbers. ‘1’ instead of ‘I’
3 Wrong choice of words. ‘of’ instead of ‘have’ and ‘there’ instead of ‘their’ ‘got’ instead of ‘have’
1 Run on sentence.

I could go on but it’s too early.
The meaning of your post will be ignored by most simply because of the way you posted it.

No, most people will read his post just because it's there, this is an international website, with the starting age of 13. We try not to pick on spelling and grammar too much (well, some people do), because there can still be alternative ideas presented which might be possible. Don't pick on grammar and spelling and then do a number list starting with 11, and then 2 2 3 1. Should be 1 2 3 4 5.

My son writes like the poster you're picking on, yet he's a math whiz and an electrician/millwright by trade. Bad spelling just means that the person's aptitude is not with that subject. The longer he posts here, the better his/her writing and grammar will get.

Biological weapon, probably not, mainly because of the distance from the shore, this supposedly non existent missile was thought by NORAD to be 56 kilometers off the shore. Canada even had supposedly an exact spot pinpointed as the exit out of the ocean. They have their chemtrail planes for bio type stuff.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thousand pardon's.I have cursed, sorry. i hope english teacher now approves of me written mrs., you can have say but if i dont beleive what you say as i have my own eye's, to bad for you. But i only wanted to talk about a missle , not about my education, not a lesson on how to spell. But you yanks love to SHOOT like we all now know you can. LOAD up big guy. sorry meant for snowspirit
edit on 20-1-2011 by meathed because: meant for snowspirit

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thousand pardon's.I have cursed, sorry. i hope english teacher now approves of me written mrs., you can have say but if i dont beleive what you say as i have my own eye's, to bad for you. But i only wanted to talk about a missle , not about my education, not a lesson on how to spell. But you yanks love to SHOOT like we all now know you can. LOAD up big guy. sorry meant for snowspirit
edit on 20-1-2011 by meathed because: meant for snowspirit

why is that meant for me
I didn`t say anything about you saying arse, that was the other guy. I often say worse than that. I`m also the one who doesn`t care about your spelling, you might be a math genius for all I know. If you re-read what I wrote, I said my son writes like you and he`s a math genius.

I also know that the spell checker in this little window is crap, it keeps telling me I have tons of stuff spelled wrong, and I don`t.

new topics

top topics

<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join