It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Missile Launch Over California - 11/8/2010

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+99 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
This was just reported on CBS Early Show. A missile was launched off the coast of California yesterday.

The US Navy has no idea where the missile came from.

Is this someone trying to stage an EMP blast over American skies?

If anything causes me to go out and buy food and supplies, this is it!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Here's a link with a report and video:

Mysterious misile lights up the sky over The Pacific

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Heres a link to your CBS story

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

From that link:

Ellsworth urged American to wait for definitive answers to come from the military. When asked, however, what he thought it might be, the former ambassador said it could possibly have been a missile test timed as a demonstration of American military might as President Obama tours Asia. "It could be a test-firing of an intercontinental ballistic missile from a submarine … to demonstrate, mainly to Asia, that we can do that," speculated Ellsworth.

What kind of crap explanation is that? Sabre-rattling? TOWARDS ASIA??

Something's up! It sounds like a war is about to begin, doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Too much speculation on the subject, it could be just a test, or a show of military might......it could be an unauthorised civilian launch. It's one of those ones where we will just have to sit, wait, and see how the story unfolds....might never hear of it again, we shall see....

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
And now we have this, after another missile launch was seen just before the delta II launch. Two unknown launches have now been spotted and no-one has an answer for where they came from and whos responsible, US navy are denying knowledge, that in itself would have me worried if i didnt have the notion that theyre up to something.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Civilian launch? From the ocean? What civilians have this capability?

It was either our military or some other country's.

edit on 9-11-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
was that this morning? whys this in the gray area?

This seems interesting. How long could a missile fly around and not detonate or strike a target? I'll check back. thanks

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Also, if it was a military launch, why would the Navy not know about it?

If you want to display a show of force, you don't launch a missile OVER YOUR OWN SKIES!!! Do you?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

I didn't know I was posting to "The Gray Area". I just posted under the same category as the previous post about a mysterious missile launch, that one being the one over Phoenix.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Absolutely.

When the former deputy Defense Secretary said that we did it " to show that we could ", I immediately thought, 'What a bunch of BS!' We have been able to 'do it' for decades and everyone knows that. Hell the Germans performed a submerged launch of a V-2 rocket in WWII!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Richard Branson is a civilian and he is putting the final stages together for commercial space flights, also, watch the film "Astronaut Farmer", the guy builds a rocket in his barn...OK..it's just a film, but it's well within the realms of possibilty, all it takes is good knowledge and a huge wad of cash.

HOWEVER

It is most unlikely it was a civilian launch, I was just putting that forward as a possibility, however remote.
edit on 9/11/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

perhaps it was India showing they can. we gotta wait now.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
If anyone remembers the movie "The Day After" from The Eighties, before the nuclear war events like this occurred, and in the movie there were no explanations given to the people.

The people just went about their daily lives until the attacks happened.

I will NOT be one of those people.
edit on 9-11-2010 by windwaker because: to fix a misspelling.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

So you will stop going on with your daily life?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I understand that there are secret launches, but wouldnt a certain amount of airspace had to of been cleared before one of these launches. Either civillian or military would of surely had to make a certain safe zone, it just surprised me when you look at how close the missile seems to be. Normally these things take place way out of the way of prying eyes.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

So you will stop going on with your daily life?

No. But in the movie people were scrambling for food and safety only a day before the attack. (It's a really good movie that everyone should see.)

I'm going to take the advice of some of the posters here at ATS and start stocking up on canned goods. That's all I can do right now.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Sod canned food, all you need is a load of Guinness, bottled water and a shed load of Pot Noodles (Chicken and Mushroom and Bombay badboy preferred) and your sorted.

edit on 9/11/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I will agree that it is a remote possibility that it was a civilian launch, woogleuk.

I do know that rocket launches like this by any of the major powers are announced, even if in secret, to other major powers, to avoid starting a nuclear war. So it seems like something is very wrong with this situation as we are seeing it. Either our government is lying about not being responsible for the launch, OR they were as surprised as we are to see it.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hi,
If you look at the original video. At 1:36 into the video. A large plane comes into view. Could this be linked to this event. LINK.

If this wasn't down to the US and someone let some missiles off in your own back yard. Wouldn't you have thought that they would treat this with the highest priority.

Hopefully just laser testing as the link suggests.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join