It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A quick question on Torture and Truth Serums

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
This thread is not really about what is considered torture, but a question.

Why dont the security services use certain drugs to obtain information from prisoners rather than torture them? I'm sure there are drugs out there, which could have terrorists gabbling all they know given the right questioning technique. Surely this would be a much more humane way of gathering information.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Im afraid humane doesent come into the equation. The various drugs they have used still dont garauntee the information is correct, nor does fear or pain but it goes a long way towards it, that and i suspect its quicker.

Personelly i find torture disgusting but i suppose at some point it could be of value but i suspect its used far too frequently and on a lot more people than needed - pity the poor souls that do not know anything.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I think the problem is that truth drugs are psychoactive so administering it to a person can also induce fantasy / hallucinations etc and you just can't tell if what the person is telling you is true, or the imaginings of a hallucinating mind.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

The intellience agency can take all your memories from you fact.

The reason they do torture, is probably they love it and want to see people killed and destroyed. The peopel torturing you will laugh in your face, and they enjoy that.

Trust me if the agencies wanted to know about your life, they can take all and i mean all your lifes memories, and ones even from your a little kid, and you do not remember anymore. Pure evil.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
pity the poor souls that do not know anything.

Exactly, and the scum will be laughing in there face.

Amazing the evil the world has, and these torturers will goto mass on sunday and sing and say lords prayer and all these things.

top topics

join