It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beast of Dartmoor with Video (not a panther)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

That would be one big rabbit. I hope I never come across one of those in the woods.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3finjo
As an amatuer naturalist I have viewed hundreds of hours of footage of animals of all types and in my (amatuer) humble opinion it is a male lion - filmed in Africa.

I can tell you what this isn't, however. It is also not a boar, which i have also hunted. They run with fast, short leg movements and seen to scamper across the ground, they don't bound as their physiology prohibits this.

Then you haven't hunted one running downhill because this is a wild boar, I live about an hour away from there and it doesnt look like Africa.... Its a big male boar running fast and they can move!!!
edit on 26-11-2010 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
seriously?

that "footage" was so blurry that thing could have been anything like a rabbit.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
seriously?

that "footage" was so blurry that thing could have been anything like a rabbit.

are you serious? see this disheartens me... I'd hope anyone could tell a boar from a rabbit. This is why we get rubbish like this posted as a lion or a rabbit, people in general cant tell a rabbit from a lion from a boar no wonder we have cryptozoology
some people can fall over a hedgehog and thing its a spiky daemon from hell.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I first thought lion, then though hoax using a dog with a big fury collar type thing on. now i'm thinking cgi.
why is it so blury? the guy says in the youtube description he was shooting some footage of the moors for a competition, looks like it was shot on an old phone. if you cant get a clear shot of moorland, you shouldnt be entering film comps. doesnt add up.
hoax.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
ack..... the more I watch this the more I think I was wrong.... the body seems too long to be a wild boar as does the tail.... at the moment I'm leaning more towards this not being shot in the uk? African buffalo keeps springing to mind
edit on 27-11-2010 by Versa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join