Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I'd like to bring a very real conspiracy to your attention, it involves our beloved ATS.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
She got ya, oh by golly gosh dang tootin, but she got ya...lmao

A galaxy of stars to you, m'lady, and a Flag worthy of the great nation of Skadi Satire..... You da winner maam, fuh sure.... #1 and all that!!!! : )

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Electric Crown

I would agree with that.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thektotheg

If stars wasn’t involved ,this thread wouldn’t even exists in this time of age, jealousy has allot to do with this post.
Instaed of going through all that u should of just asked "why do the threads with the most disinformation in gods green earth and the galaxys of the abyss of the the black of life get the most stars'.

edit on 8-11-2010 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The thing is, though, the Mods do their job. It isn't up to them whether a theory is viable. The issue to take up is the fact that so many people are S&F and bumping things that are complete rubbish. I wish there were some accountability here. I'm the furthest thing you'll find from a skeptic, but even I can't believe the type of things being pushed lately.

This site is so important, it deserves to be consistently relevant. I'll give you an example. A few weeks back during the Wikileaks ordeal...I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one glued to their damn screen constantly for like a week. Refresh, refresh, refresh. I mean, seriously. That's the type of stuff most of the people who've been reading and subscribed for awhile come here for, I would think. You sure as heck couldn't want it on fox or nbc.

And far out stuff is cool, but only when there's actual discussion. 75% of the posts on the threads I mentioned were from legit members who instantly knew it was nonsense. It's such a waste, man. That's what I'm trying to wrap my head around here.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
haha Dude, if you think I care about stars, I feel sorry for you. The only thing I care about is not reading garbage. I assume you must post it, with that attitude.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

If I were trying to get stars do you think I would've posted this at midnight? haha. Good lord. Let's push the logic button.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

seriously i do not see how the O.P. is any different to a prediction thread or somebody claiming they are a alien.
the claims in the O.P. are just as unproven and could be seen as paranoid, just as much as the threads that are being complained about.

you should read the thread "why do you star posts" it may give some insight into why some of the thread that people think are crazy get flags and stars. but is it not the case that just because some ATS members think something is stupid and should not reach the top of ATS, there are other members that take an interest in those subjects? you can list any subject and it will get some flags and stars for many different reasons.

as for new members it is worth keeping in mind that they might not know as much as you, therefore they star and flag because they agree or think it is good evidence whilst being unaware of the many reason why it is not.

the O.P. has made a conspiracy out of normal things from what i can tell, but they have shared their concerns and thought with us, some will agree and others will think it took a leap to come to those conclusions, just like the threads the O.P. questions, the same thing happens.

how many flags and stars did this thread get? is there a conspiracy or does it just reflect how many people agree or appreciate the effort or think good points were made?
edit on 8-11-2010 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

You know if someone stars, bumps or flags a post? Without the member saying anything about it? I guess I need to dig deeper into all the nooks and crannies of ATS and learn how to do this myself.

OP, I understand your frustration, I guess that is what I am seeing in your post,about nonsensical things getting attention. But nonsensical for one person, isn't necessesarily sonsensical for another person.

I've been a member for a while, and I read all sorts of things that make me go, "Wow, somebody really believes that?" But then I turn my mind inward to the different things I believe that others don't always believe. And, now, not only will I continue my best to be tolerant of other people's beliefs, I'll also keep working harder to refrain from saying anything that might be construed as an insult to other people who believe different things than I do.

So, with this, if you have stumbled upon a conspiracy, please give me some more proof. Inquiring minds want to know! Thanks!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Are you serious right now? Did you read any of this? It's SUPPOSED to be as ridiculous and paranoid as those threads. Good lord, dude. I'm not going to explain it again.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I'm new here myself and I agree with what you're saying mate, except personally i don't think it's a conspiracy any more than immaturity, loneliness or possibly brain damage!

I can't help but wonder if this has something to do with the new Facebook advertising though. Granted it's good for that purpose and the admin have used a common well known medium to branch out, but in doing so you have to take the good with the bad.

I do feel your pain though, it can be hard to find a decent thread at times. I'd suggest like many others have when these threads come up, just keep sifting through the dross and you'll find something worthwhile!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
How about red dwarfs, and bandanas then for post's that don't deserve stars and flags????

Or black holes, and pennants????

Just a thought.....
edit on 9-11-2010 by freetree64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
This is worth keeping an eye on. I have been noticing a lot of the reactions to my thread and I am noticing a lot of new members. Each one seeming to back up the previous. It has been interesting to watch.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

It's like the Facebook argument for a Dislike button. I'm 100% behind it. haha.

Listen, folks, I'm not trying to stir you up. The whole point of this was to look at ourselves. I know one man's trash is another man's treasure, but I also believe in the law of averages. If 99% of the long term members think something is a sham, then I'm willing to let the majority rule there. haha. When a post is so ridiculous that there isn't any real discussion or debate, I think we've failed. That, unfortunately, is how so many of the recent posts have been. I think it's also a large part of why members are getting cross with one another. It adds up.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by thektotheg

Are you serious right now? Did you read any of this? It's SUPPOSED to be as ridiculous and paranoid as those threads. Good lord, dude. I'm not going to explain it again.

i see, that may be why i was saying it was paranoid and ridiculous then.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Might be all of the advertising ATS is doing too eh? What with it's own news show
aka conspiracy chics (both chics are yum
). How many other sites have that?
ATS might be a victim of it's own success.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Stonesplitter

You raise a good point about Facebook. I think it definitely factors in. It's a double edged sword, I suppose. More members and people waking up is a good thing. At the same time, bringing in a good bit of people also means the increasing growth of people with little background and large reason to throw out any ridiculous idea they've ever considered. haha. But, even that doesn't explain posts by ETs and a different doomsday thread for every day of the week. heh.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Been here a while, and as I can appreciate your "Bill Hicks" type giggles...I will say that there is a hint of truth in the humour. There are truly some very intelligent posts on this site...from years ago...and sometimes even now.

Haha...bit late to the party...but dug the humour.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Dude. Good god. haha. You're killing me. It's not REALLY paranoid and ridiculous. That's the point. I didn't post it as a serious theory. It's satire, friend. It's supposed to be paranoid and ridiculous, but you don't seem to grasp that it's not real. You attempting to paint me as paranoid and ridiculous isn't a valid argument. The post was knowingly made and intended that way. Or...

Maybe you're one of the noobs trying to discredit me. Duhn Duhn Duhn. No, you're not. Because there's no god damn conspiracy here. haha.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

i know now, lol after your first reply, but if it was suppose to paranoid etc.. is it any wonder that i thought it was paranoid lol.

i get the point of the O.P. now, but i still think my original post offers some insight into why things people think is paranoid get some stars and flags.

if i made a post that was suppose to be sarcastic would it really be a surprise that somebody thought it was sarcastic?

i get the point of the thread, after your first reply, you cannot expect everybody to be on the same page at all times.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by thektotheg
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Let's push the logic button.

There's a logic button? Perhaps I'm having browser troubles. I can't find it anywhere!

IRM

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join