It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Booms rattle Southeastern N.C. residents for second time in 24 hours

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'm here in Albemarle NC, and there are a few things going on:
1. Operation Robin Sage, a military exercise using pretty much the WHOLE state of NC, Special Forces trainees use the state of NC as the country of Pineland as a final training operation before finishing SOF school
2. National Guard units are now using IED simulators for training prior to going to the Sandbox. It woke me up one morning, and called the police, I know the difference between a cherry bomb, gunshot and explosive device, so they went out to investigate, and the Air National Guard unit was training with these, and didnt realize how loud it was.

So there ya go, two CONVENTIONAL explanations. When you hear the detonations again, find out if there is a national guard unit or reserve unit nearby.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The OP mentioned geologists ruled out quakes and the military said they weren't testing (which was my guess. testing at fort bragg) but if those are out my guess would be that what the others heard and I saw was a meteorite. Although I heard absolutely nothing and don't pretend to understand what a meteor would sound like or how long people would be hearing them lol.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I have heard the same type of thing in the Pacific Northwest, noise was from the sky, sounded like rumbles, but it was not thunder. There was no plane, the sky clear and blue, was very strange and happened several times in the Fall of 2009. One night there was a very loud noise, my whole house shook, and it almost felt like I was lifted out of my chair, just for a second, then it was over and never happened again. It is kind of rural where I live and very quiet, no planes or military, not really sure what the noise was, has not happened since, or not that I noticed.

It is mentioned in this thread, OP says noise is from the underground vibrations, but if you read the thread people heard the noise and the booms in the sky, some of the booms were heard up and down the West coast, was never really an explanation.

What's shaking the skies of the North West?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
It could be a military exercise. In August, Washington State heard booms. They said it was from military jets.

www.kirotv.com...

There were also booms in Virginia:

wboy.com...

quoted from the link posted above

Officials at Wilmington International Airport, Sunny Point Military Ocean Terminal, Camp Lejeune and Seymour Johnson Air Force Base said they were not conducting any training exercises that could explain the booms, and they had no idea what was causing them.

unless the military is lying

they say they don't know
what's causing it either.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kronnikx
my guess would be that what the others heard and I saw was a meteorite.

well if that's the case
then we can look for 3 of them

there was 1 boom friday evening
and 2 spaced 20 mins apart Sat morning
around 10-10:30 am

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I'm positive something fell late friday night.. and it appeared to be big. but I don't know if that's what has been making these noises.. I heard nothing at all other than dogs barking. It seems like if something that big was falling, and lighting up everything in its path, that more people would have noticed it in the sky or when it landed.. I've heard booming noises like people seem to describe plenty of times though.. Sometimes they're loud enough to shake the ground but I never really think anything of it.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Are the animals acting strange, birds flocking and migrating in a wrong direction?
Dogs and cats acting aggressive or hiding? Often animal behavior can be a precursor
to a major seismic event.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D
Are the animals acting strange, birds flocking and migrating in a wrong direction?
Dogs and cats acting aggressive or hiding? Often animal behavior can be a precursor
to a major seismic event.

now that you mention it
I haven't heard any birds chirping
lately. matter of fact, I haven't
seen any lately. don't know if it's
related, they might just be cold
and staying in their nest.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Might want to keep an eye and ear open. Animals are probably used to Human made
noise and sonic booms might give them a scare however seismic activity usually
triggers the fight or flight instinct.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
If it keeps happening, get out the camcorder with IR lens and add the nightvision, it may be happening right over your head but your just not seeing it.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I dont know if any of this adds up to what occurred in florida though it could have been related. In Florida he noises were repeating over and over. Not just two or three. I've been on Florida for a long time. I know exactly what a pair of booster sound like when they come back down for a slam dunk. The noises I heard that night were much different in both that there were many more than 2, and there also was no pattern. Of was really weird. No sound of them tonight though... yet at least.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I'm surprised this is news. My in-laws live in SE NC and hear booms all the time. When we vacation on the southern NC beaches, we hear them too. As far as I know they're related to the many military bases there.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I dont know why everyone's looking for a conspiracy in this, its simple sim pyrotechnics...just because the press contacted major bases doesnt mean other branch units arent conducting training.
And before ANYONE calls me a disinfo agent, I have first hand experience with the Robin Sage thing, I'm a role player for the operation, and the whole state is used, most times they contact the local sheriff's department to let them know whats going on, but at times they forget

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by kronnikx
my guess would be that what the others heard and I saw was a meteorite.

well if that's the case
then we can look for 3 of them

there was 1 boom friday evening
and 2 spaced 20 mins apart Sat morning
around 10-10:30 am

Saturday morning was the last time our windows rattled without the "boom", I think pretty close to that time. No idea what's going on. Maybe it has something to do with the phosphate mines around here.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
So, we've got unexplained booms off the coast of NC and an unclaimed missile launch 35 miles off the coast of LA. What is going on?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Agreed, however we are just being pelted by so many pieces of information from every direction right now makes me feel like chicken little for the first time in my paranoid life! I have come to grips with most of the strange coincidence over the years and just watch it all come and go, but man I feel like I am getting whiplash these days.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Ok I live just north of Fort Bragg in military housing. I live in the direct flight path of Pope Air Force Base in military housing. It's not unusual for me to hear LOTS of planes and they are known to fly really low and you feel like your roof is getting a buzz cut. We also live just a hop and a skip from an artillary range so we are use to hearing "booms" that shake the entire house and scare the snot out of you. All that said, it's actually been extremely quiet here for the last week or so. Yes, Robin sage is going on and the hubby has participated in the exercise in the past, but even still, it is my understanding that there is nothing in the exercise that would constitute the "booms" people are hearing on the coast (will ask hubby next time I talk to him tonight, as he is deployed atm). All is quiet here around the Fort Bragg area, for now anyway, but even if there was something going on, most of us wouldn't think anything about it because we are use to "booms" and low flying aircraft, and would chalk it up to being just a normal day around the base. Hope you guys get answers soon and if anything changes around here in the near future, I will keep you updated.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
A series of detonations just went off here in Albemarle, its 1054 am on 9 November
IED sims again most likely

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Maybe The Reds are playing with their scalar interferometers.

Or it's The Aurora heading out on a mission... You can google "aurora contrail satellite". If you do you'll see at least one flight path which goes right over you guys.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
This just in:

NC booms: Methane? Meteor? Cause unclear
Associated Press
www.thestate.com...

hooray, with the Boloid explaination

.fireball, meteorite, bolide, meteor, video and photo
Presentation of meteorite caught on tape, video and photo penetrating into atmosphere. From Pribram fireball (1959) to the West meteorite (2009)
fireball.meteorite.free.fr/index_en.html - Cached

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join