It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Booms rattle Southeastern N.C. residents for second time in 24 hours

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Booms rattle Southeastern N.C. residents for second time in 24 hours

For the second time in less than 24 hours, Southeastern North Carolina residents were rattled by a mysterious pair of loud booms that shook them awake and rattled their homes.

No one seems to know for sure what is causing the noises. But dispatchers in New Hanover and Brunswick counties said they got multiple telephone calls around 10:30 a.m. Saturday from people wanting to know why their homes were shaking.

Brooke Lasko, 29, a resident of Stoney Creek Plantation off U.S. 17 in Leland, said she was sitting on her couch in the living room about 10 a.m. when she heard the first “really loud boom.” She heard a second, smaller boom several minutes later.

www.starnewsonline.com...

commentary:
I hope I put this in the right forum.
I am a NC resident btw. I did not
hear this as I believe I was sleeping
at the time.

I don't know if this has anything to
do with tectonic plates shifting or
collapsing but thought I would
post the article here for your review
to see if it might be related to some
of the other seismic events occurring
lately. Please discuss

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
and another related article

www.starnewsonline.com...

WILMINGTON, N.C. It's not clear what caused those booms that rattled North Carolina's south coast last week. But methane escaping from the ocean or even a small meteorite have been suggested as culprits.

Read more: www.charlotteobserver.com...
edit on 11/8/2010 by boondock-saint because: added url

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

My mom lives in the Lumberton area and she was talking about this. I thought she was crazy. I guess I will have to call here and apologize lol. I do know when she lived in around Duck, NC that kind of stuff happened regularly but we kind of wrote it off as military jets. The harriers usually woke you up in the morning and the jets in the evening would blow your doors off the house at times.
edit on 8-11-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
WOW...
I wonder if my family down in Simpsonville SC heard or felt anything.. hmmm

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This just in:

NC booms: Methane? Meteor? Cause unclear
Associated Press
www.thestate.com...

WILMINGTON, N.C. — It's not clear what caused those booms that rattled North Carolina's south coast last week. But methane escaping from the ocean or even a small meteorite have been suggested as culprits.

John Huntsman is an associate professor of geology at the University of North Carolina-Wilmington. He heard a boom on Friday but isn't sure of the cause. There was a second Saturday.

It wasn't an earthquake because there was no seismic activity. Military bases reported no aircraft exercises.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhadamanthus
My mom lives in the Lumberton area and she was talking about this.

lol, Lumberton is right
down the road
from me.

and yes u should apologize to ur mother

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

Na, Greenville SC here. All calm and quiet. Been bouncing around police scanners and everything seems business as normal, even when this was going on. BTW, a tad off topic, but relevant for issues like this if you happen to catch them as they are happening, www.radioreference.com...

That's a network of police/fire/ems scanners for the US. With things ramping up, in case of really bad news, a quick check there can tell you a lot more than waiting for news to break or witnesses to get in touch.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I'm on the NC coast and I didn't notice it either, but it was on the local news. They also mentioned the Seneca Guns and linked to
earthquake.usgs.gov...
Earthquake Booms, Seneca Guns, and Other Sounds

No one knows for sure, but scientists speculate that these "booms" are probably small shallow earthquakes that are too small to be recorded, but large enough to be felt by people nearby.

I'm close enough to Camp Lejeune that I hear (and feel) the noise and rumblings when they run bombing exercises so I probably wouldn't have noticed it anyway.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
This just in:

NC booms: Methane? Meteor? Cause unclear
Associated Press
www.thestate.com...

I wonder if the barrier island chain
of the NC coast had anything to
do with it. Some of those islands
are only accessible by ferry boat.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I really miss Elvis during these times of a whole lotta shaken goin on.

Has anyone noticed any earthquake lights? Sometimes if there are masses moving, there could be those tell-tale light (kind of like a strobe flash).
then again, lately with all the crazy seismic action far below, maybe there is no way of knowing until it suddenly works its way up finnally to the surface...when and if that happens, it would be unforgettable.

I will visit your thread often Boondock.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

well if Seneca guns were the culprit
we would have heard that by now.
As of right now, the military claims
no exercises, geologist claim no
quakes. It's just weird

what could shake homes for miles
and put off a loud boom and the
military not be involved???

methane or meteor ???

but wouldn't a meteor if hitting the
water make a tsunami? And if
hitting land, wouldn't somebody
notice the fireball and find the meteor?

just too weird

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Whatever it is, it's been reported since the 1850's
www.rense.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
WHOA.. maybe that has something to do with what i saw 2 days ago.. I'm just outside of Charlotte NC and i swear on my life I saw a huge light in the sky not last night but the night before.. It lit up the whole area brighter than a full moon. It was to the north of me and was somewhat slowly descending. I tried to get a picture with my phone but it was going behind trees in the distance.. It passed me at 1:40 a.m. while I was walking my dog. The crazy part was I just thought it was the moon until I glanced up then I was almost in shock.. The light itself was a bit smaller than a full moon but it was extremely bright.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Could sonic booms be caused by UFO's? I can bet almost anything, since they can fly and accelerate rapidly from a dead stop, that there would have to be a boom because they are traveling through air at a high rate of speed. Our jets do it, the space shuttle does it, and other things launched do it.

Soes anyone know if UFO's been reported around the time of the booms?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kronnikx

I wished u had of gotten a pic
or a video of it. I would have
loved to see that.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Hi boondock-saint,

Here's a link to a thread that might be related to what's going on in South Carolina.

strange pulse noises in florida
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think it's important that we all keep watch for more threads of this nature in the same basic time frame. Maybe that way we may piece together a picture of what's going on?

Star

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplereiki

Could sonic booms be caused by UFO's? I can bet almost anything, since they can fly and accelerate rapidly from a dead stop, that there would have to be a boom because they are traveling through air at a high rate of speed. Our jets do it, the space shuttle does it, and other things launched do it.

Soes anyone know if UFO's been reported around the time of the booms?

Yes I would like to add here in florida when the space shuttles come back and enter the atmosphere you here a HUGE shattering boom then a little smaller one it is the sonic boom.. Sounds like you hearing something break the sound barrier..

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Honestly I hear loud, booming, and ground rattling noises around here so often I don't even think about it. But the huge light in the sky got my attention for sure! lol It looked to me like videos of meteors falling except it was going A LOT slower than the videos I've seen.. Fast enough that you could tell it was moving but not really shooting downward. I just can't believe no one else around here seemed to notice or report it

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I wonder if this has anything to
do with the poles shifting?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
It could be a military exercise. In August, Washington State heard booms. They said it was from military jets.

www.kirotv.com...

There were also booms in Virginia:

wboy.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join