It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts are "all stirred up" after New Zealand earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I am curious to the opinions here ... Could it be possible for a phenomena like an earthquake to stir things up?

A recent article posted at Dateline Zero about an increase in reports of ghosts and other activity following the New Zealand earthquake has me pondering this.

My thoughts turn to ghostly (and related) phenomena being linked with energy. And something like an earthquake stirs up a lot of emotional energy, and involve a kind of natural energy. Or am I "reaching"?

Also, I thought about the Biblical incident when Jesus died on the cross. At that moment there was a massive earthquake, and reports of people seeing dead relatives, friends, etc. So in that story, there is a link between nature and the supernatural -- with one realm exhibiting symptoms of something occurring in the other.

I'm going to chew on this for a day; but I am looking forward to other people's comments.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mother1138
I am curious to the opinions here ... Could it be possible for a phenomena like an earthquake to stir things up?

A recent article posted at Dateline Zero about an increase in reports of ghosts and other activity following the New Zealand earthquake has me pondering this.

My thoughts turn to ghostly (and related) phenomena being linked with energy. And something like an earthquake stirs up a lot of emotional energy, and involve a kind of natural energy. Or am I "reaching"?

Also, I thought about the Biblical incident when Jesus died on the cross. At that moment there was a massive earthquake, and reports of people seeing dead relatives, friends, etc. So in that story, there is a link between nature and the supernatural -- with one realm exhibiting symptoms of something occurring in the other.

I'm going to chew on this for a day; but I am looking forward to other people's comments.

The natural being and the supernatural being are as one! The supernatural being returns to nature itself.

Yes, natural events like this cause spiritual disturbances. Emotional energy is the supernatural!

A powerful natural event brings a powerful supernatural event. We are all joined together in our positive ethics and needs. We are like children attending school when living, learning through life and depending on our positive deeds in life, this brings what job we have in death. Be it a spirit guide for indivduals or entire species.

Wisdom is obtained in death.

Spirits are awake in life when called upon by the living!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I have no idea what to say.

I'm going to look into this idea.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

Its the first time ive heard of such a link being made. I see no reason why not. Maybe its just the emotional energy associated with the Earth quake itself. Not only for those who experience it but all the people that see it on the news and are shocked by it. It may provide spirits with all the energy they need to manifest. So i think you could be on to something.

If this is true though would'nt it be the same for other disasters like hurricanes and volcanoes. If you can find a correlation between all of them then who could argue.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
First time Ive heard this, but I'm not sure if one paranormal society saying they have had "interesting calls" is a huge increase in sightings.

I do know that Limestone, Quartz, and/or Magnetite deposits can supposedly 'record or imprint' information, such as an event in history.
This can be non intelligent haunting, like playing back a film, or a residual "haunting"
Also when you renovate that tends to shake up things in a house.
So there is a plausibility to it, but the information is too loose and sparse to try and validate.

Good story though flagged

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It’s simple. Man is a spirit (or a soul). After man drops his body (we call it to die) he, as a spirit can stay around for a while. When this happens, he can be seen as, what we call, a Ghost. When there are too many people die, you can expect too many “ghosts”. That’s it.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

In the Untersberg thread there is a lot of (speculative) discussion going on about geomagnetic activity affecting the human mind.
There is little doubt that it does - the question is HOW does it do it.

And there are places - the Severn Valley in Great Britain being just one of them - that seem to indicate a strong correlation between fault lines and visions of "apparitions".

I'll be sending you a PM shortly, including a link to something I wrote that might be of interest to you.

edit on 10-11-2010 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Spirit activity increases on the physical plane in times preceding and during war.
2nd

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

It's the first time to hear sth like that as well.But it could make sense if we connect sighting of ghosts/apparitions with highly magnetic or electormagnetic anomalies.An earthquake of that magnitude can easily disturb the electromagnetic field.The question is why we never heard of sth like that before.

And to step outside the box the earthquake opened a gate that let loose energy-souls from a different dimention.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
That's an interesting thought. I wonder. . .what would happen to ghosts if the world to explode? Seriously, I mean, if ghosts are either residual or intelligent, what would happen to the ghosts? Energey never ceases, spirite never dies, so how and where would ghosts dwell?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrHonest
It’s simple. Man is a spirit (or a soul). After man drops his body (we call it to die) he, as a spirit can stay around for a while. When this happens, he can be seen as, what we call, a Ghost. When there are too many people die, you can expect too many “ghosts”. That’s it.

that's all fair and well, but not one single person died in this earthquake.

Next explanation ?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake
That's an interesting thought. I wonder. . .what would happen to ghosts if the world to explode? Seriously, I mean, if ghosts are either residual or intelligent, what would happen to the ghosts? Energey never ceases, spirite never dies, so how and where would ghosts dwell?

a)If they are intelligent entities they could move to another planet.
b)If they are just energy either absorbed by a bigger energy source(the sun),pass to another dimention where the earth is still there or lost in space until the amount of energy fade away.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Spirits exist in another realm anyways. They just have the ability to visit and interact with our realm. If earth exploded then their realm would still exist so they would'nt need to go anywhere.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Makes sense. How confusing it would be. . .imagine if ghosts decided to move to an uninhabited planet. Or what if there are people there, and everyone be like "I don't recognize that ghost!".

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
hmmm... I dunno about New Zealand, but here in Chile, all the energies became more active since the earthquake in february. Not only ghost or spectral entities, also some people started to "wake up" suddenly.
There's a big ammount of energy released in quakes this big, so the earth energies can disturb or improve anothers... I think.
Just my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
So i went back to my books, and couldn't find a single reference to anything along the lines of earthquakes. The closest ideas i got were ley lines. but ley lines are not always the same as faults.

Electro magnetic radiation and other forms of earth energy have been known to affect people for centuries, no surprise there. But it affecting our dear departed really is a new idea, although not completely unfeasable.

Paranormal entities do hang around ley lines and earth energy centres, we know this. So they do sense and react to energy points. We can then only speculate that earthquakes releases energy OTHER than kinetic. But that explains animal evacuations, and the chills some people get.

More research needed!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I remember reading about a very large surge of demonic activity and sightings in Asia after that Tsunami hit that killed over 100,000 people. I'm sure there's some info somewhere online regarding it still. One account in particular I remember reading was in I want to say Thailand. A week or so after the Tsunami hit, a cab driver picked up a two or three people and when he got to his destination they weren't in his cab anymore when he turned around. All kinds of stories like that were appearing everywhere in Thailand.

I'm sure as natural disasters hit and people are killed and places collapse the people and places these demons habitat die and disappear and they have to move and and find new places and people to possess.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Calender

I can understand why, after the Asian tsunami, there was a increase in ghost sightings. I have read that when a person dies suddenly and/or violently, they can actually be unaware that they are dead, and their spirit can be left in a confused state in the area that death occurred. That doesnt really explain the New Zealand sightings, although there are supposed to be other types of entity that exist in quiet, unused spaces (hence ghosts being seen in old or abandoned buildings) that may have been stirred up by the quake destroying or damaging their habitat.

I wonder if there are sightings of anything paranormal in the buildings surrounding the World Trade Centre site?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I live in Christchurch and it's true, we've had lots of creakings and rumblings and things moving (falling off shelves, cupboard doors opening).
I tend to think that these are associated with the earthquake and are manifestations of ground movement.
I, personally, find it more than a stretch to attribute it to psychic phenomenon.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
by Dr. Michael A. Persinger has pioneered this research and his work is important. He does not believein Ghosts per se but the relationship between the EM release of the earth's rock has peculiar effects. Before many earth tremors and as a result of after shocks more ghosts are seen /experienced.

new topics

top topics

join