It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panetta says CIA will probe wikileaks document release

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Panetta says CIA will probe wikileaks document release

www.wa shingtonexaminer.com

CIA Director Leon Panetta said the agency’s Office of Security will “fully investigate” the WikiLeaks documents released on a public web site. “In some cases, CIA sources and methods have been compromised, harming our mission and endangering lives,” he said.

In an internal memo, released to the media Monday, the director said that sharing information “cannot extend beyond the limits set by law and the ‘need to know’ principle. The media, the public, even former colleagues, are not entitled.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Looks like WIKI has pissed off the wrong agency.
I love what Wiki is doing, if it is on the up&up.

They must have found a legal loop hole to prosecute this under. Thats all they were doing. They knew what they needed to let him hang himself. Now they will act as though they have justification and will use the full force of the US govt. to handle this.

This is just my opinion. I know the difference.

www.wa shingtonexaminer.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
If he is for real and that clueless, then he needs to begin by probing his own agency and track down the actual source of the leaks.

Oh wait, that will never happen....

A covert op, so covert even the director is out of the loop?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Panetta said "probe" heheh. Sounds as if the CIA are in cahoots with the greys as well. Of course I'm just being a goof about that, but IF Assange is playing fairly level as to his intents & purposes, then what isn't far-fetched is an assasination in the alleged interest of national security as many have conjectured.

One thing seems sure about the incredible events of our time; we've never been here before. A fast-forward button would be nice. S&F.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

CIA is just giving Wikileaks more credibility.

I for one believe the leaks are controlled by the government, it is intentional leak, done for dis-info purposes.

I find it surprized that the world is falling for such BS.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
All people have a need to know and complete transparency and all dictators who would disagree need to step down and hand back all the monies they have misappropriately spent and abused themselves, from the public purse after well informed citizens conduct their own thorough investigations. Period.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Well at least the Iraq leak would make me wonder what kind of disinfo is it when it puts the whole operation in bad light. That's like a murderer handing over the murder weapon to the police to throw them off his trail. Makes no sense.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
reply to post by oozyism

Well at least the Iraq leak would make me wonder what kind of disinfo is it when it puts the whole operation in bad light. That's like a murderer handing over the murder weapon to the police to throw them off his trail. Makes no sense.

Actually that is not true, we all knew about the torture and everything prior to these leaks. Are you suggesting we didn't know Iraqi police tortured? Are you suggesting we are that naive to think Iraqi government would torture and the US wouldn't know?

That is naive, we knew a lot prior to these leaks.

If you examine the leaks, it is pretty obvious that both mis handlings in Iraq and Afghanistan is blamed on Iran, or Pakistan setting the stage and pretext for any attack, setting the moral justification in American minds. Without American support, no war can go through, so manipulation is required from the puppet regime of US.

Wasn't Americans manipulated regarding the invasion and occupation Iraq?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Of course we 'knew' but that's pretty irrelevant. We need the evidence for it and there it is now. Without wikileaks and the leaker we probably would've never seen this. And it's not just the torture. For example the lie that the US government didn't keep track of civillian casualties is now exposed and the involvement of mercenary companies etc.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
WikiLeaks serves the purpose of holding all organizations that assume control over another human life to an ethical standard.

This is necessary if ever there is to be peace and justice on a global scale.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

I'd give Julian a little more credit.
What is he holding back? That's what would worry the CIA and be his protection.
Deciding to leak info on China and Russia (if true) is the spanner in the works and a silly move.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Of course we 'knew' but that's pretty irrelevant. We need the evidence for it and there it is now. Without wikileaks and the leaker we probably would've never seen this. And it's not just the torture. For example the lie that the US government didn't keep track of civillian casualties is now exposed and the involvement of mercenary companies etc.

Even with evidence we can't do much can we?

We had evidence of US torture, and Iraqi torture, many witnesses, the media just refused to focus on them.

We had evidence of US sending people to proxy states such as Egypt for torture.

We had evidence of US taking spying on European countries and even extraditing European citizens to secret camps.

The thing is, US know no one can do anything about it.

The US is ruled by might makes right moral.

That means, the more guns you have, righter you are.

The lesser guns you have the wronger you are.

Not to mention money, money is also important.

Look at Saudi Arabia, with all the torture and human right abuses in that country, and human right violation, yet the Western news is silent about it, rather they focus on Iran. Give me a break, money and guns rule the world, the elite knows that.

Do you think anyone will be brought to justice through these leaks? Will there be any responsibility?

I don't think so..

I will leave you with this article:
Where is the anger at the horrors revealed in the latest Wikileaks Iraq war logs?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by smthngmssnghr
WikiLeaks serves the purpose of holding all organizations that assume control over another human life to an ethical standard.

This is necessary if ever there is to be peace and justice on a global scale.

So i guess when the dirt comes out regarding wiki everyone will be crying its a gov cover up or something, or will it simply be another case of " oh yer, another dude busted"

Everyone has a skeleton hidden within his/her closet, its all a matter of timing as to when to make it public.

new topics

top topics

join