It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Nuclear Protests Reach New Levels of Violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Riot police fire tear gas and water cannon at activists as anti-nuclear protests spill over into violence

Riot police used truncheons and teargas today to clear a rail line during violent clashes with activists trying to disrupt a shipment of nuclear waste in Germany.

Around 250 activists had tried to damage the track near a waste storage dump to halt a train carrying the nuclear material.

When police tried to stop them, they responded by firing flare guns and spraying officers with a chemical irritant.

The waste originated in Germany and was re-processed at the French nuclear group Areva's plant at La Hague, before being transferred back to a storage site in the northern German town of Gorleben.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

In some incidents, protesters have even thrown fireworks at police, and they attempted to damage the tracks. Generally things like this do not happen on their own, I wonder who made the decision? Gazprom.

Nazi germany anyone? Also if you honestly think that nuclear waste transport is terribly dangerous, WHY would you seemingly do everything in your power to try to create an accident with the train? That makes no sense. Epic Failure.
edit on 8/11/10 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Honestly trying to stop/de-rail a train full of nuclear waste is a bad idea. I know people are passionate about this but what if they succeeded and all that stuff got dumped everywhere?

If you shoot a flare gun or something like that at the police you probably deserve to be beaten in my eyes. I think people have the right to protest but I think they don't have a right to destroy property or cause harm to others.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It cracks me up. These Enviro-nuts are protesting because Nuclear Energy is so "Violent and destructive"; but turn out being the perps of violence in the first place.

Ahhhh! To be a Liberal!

new topics

join