It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something for you to remember this Veteran's Day...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Veteran......A Veteran is someone, who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to, and including,their life. That is an honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer remember that fact.

Great post my friend S&F for you.....I am also a Vet. of the first Iraq war....GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Thank you for your service and to all the brave men and women that serve in all the armed forces around the world.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
To those of you who have had positive things to say here on this thread, Thank You! To those who have left negative comments, I would just say that you should, in a case such as this one, remember that old saying, If you don't have anything nice to say...

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Bah.... Ignore some of the noise Jax. Thank you for the courage that you showed in serving your country, and, more importantly, the citizens of this nation.

Without veterans we would not have the freedoms that we possess. Even if folks sometimes don't know how to appreciate them.

Many of us fight for freedom with our words, but we always need to honor those who fight for it with their blood, their safety, and their lives.

Happy Veterans Day Jax!

~Heff

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

My family has served in the military on both sides [of my family]. Not me though, but I do appreciate all that they did. Just as I salute you for your service. Thanks

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
If you don't have anything nice to say...

Soooooo being a Disabled Combat Vet I suppose I should just not offer my two cents ?

I mean I wouldn't want to offend anyone.

While at the DMV getting my Disabled Vet Plates, ( Free here in Denver ) a Cop said " Thank you for your service " I respond with, really ? Why ? No reply from the officer.

I suppose after voicing his nonsensical little jingle fifty times daily no one ever asked him that question. Just said thanks and moved on.

Monday I'm at the Airport renting a plane for the day. I'm pulling my gear out of the jeep and a young fellow says " Hey man nice ride, thanks for your service "
I simply nod, no problem.

I find these alleged compliments offensive. But hey, why should I bitch ? I'm gona git my " Onion " tomorrow .

I would urge you to think TWICE prior to voicing your feel good canned thank you. For many it rings hollow .

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

People thank me too. However, Yes, I would like to thank you for your service. To be willing to lay yourself down for what you believe or believed in. You stood shoulder to shoulder with your comrades and you have bled. Whether you did it for your country, your friends or whatever, it matters not. You served and you sacrificed.

THANK YOU COMRADE, THANK YOU.

edit on 11/11/2010 by TheLoneArcher because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

I guess Mama didn't teach you, but when someone say's 'Thank you', you say 'You're welcome', whether it be heart felt or superficial. It's called manners and decorum, something that as a nation, we are sadly in short supply of.

But I guess you would prefer the treatment vets got back at the end of Vietnam... They could just call us baby killers and spit on us instead of thanking us (even if it lacks sincerity)...

But you are correct, you do have the right to be an A-hole, just don't get too upset when others recognize that you are indeed an ill-mannered A-hole...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

No one called me " Baby killer " and no one spit on me. Don't know of anyone who was treated that way. I do however understand your NEED to feel special . Feel free to embrace those pointless pats on the back amigo.

Imagine that ! I actually responded to your insult without resorting to calling YOU an A-hole.
Yeah I do have manners. Apparently you're as shallow as the compliments you will willingly accept
from people who are clueless on why said thanks are offered.
Go get your ' Onion ' Jax.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
reply to post by dazbog

People thank me too. However, Yes, I would like to thank you for your service. To be willing to lay yourself down for what you believe or believed in. You stood shoulder to shoulder with your comrades and you have bled. Whether you did it for your country, your friends or whatever, it matters not. You served and you sacrificed.

THANK YOU COMRADE, THANK YOU.

edit on 11/11/2010 by TheLoneArcher because: Grammar

Well thank you Sir !!!! Back at you. Now I know this is going to sound very weird after my little rant.
However, for some odd reason YOUR comment brought a tear to my eye. I am not being sarcastic. When it is genuine, it has meaning. Take Care LoneArcher.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

I could really care less what you or anyone else thinks about me, and I need your praise and encouragement even less. The difference between you and I is that my Mother brought me up right and taught me manners... Nice attempt at deflection, however... But alas, it was nothing more than that, an attempt...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Thanks you Jax for the thread
Being a Vet and a son of a KIA Vietnam Vet it means a lot to me when someone recognizes it and not just a day that the banks are closed.
That was just about all I heard around the office all day today "we cant get any thing done all the banks are closed". But sadly the girl that dose our book keeping asked why the banks are closed I just told her that some men and women died on this day. She just shrugged her shoulders and said per her words "what a load of crap". I about lost it and the guy I sub out for told me to step out for some air. I did and when I came back in I was hoping for a Im sorry or I didnt know all I got was " your check will have to wait this holiday screwed me up on deposits". Im still scratching my head I know its low of me to say but....... dose this chick have any clue where this country came from or where its heading.

Im done ranting
Still thanks Jax

edit on 11-11-2010 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

How quickly people forget their history, no?

The:

11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

How quickly people forget their history, no?

The:
11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918...

Thank-You for reminding us !

On November 11, the anniversary of the signing of the Armistice that ended World War I. (Major hostilities of World War I were formally ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918 with the German signing of the Armistice.)
Sad that the meaning of Armistice-Day has morphed to
suit the agenda of uneducated knuckle-draggers.

History info :

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by dazbog

I could really care less what you or anyone else thinks about me, and I need your praise and encouragement even less. The difference between you and I is that my Mother brought me up right and taught me manners... Nice attempt at deflection, however... But alas, it was nothing more than that, an attempt...

You speak of manners and yet reference people who disagree with your sophomoric prattle as A-holes. Yeah, Your Mommy learned ya good. Unfortunately couldn't find the time to help you with the definition of hypocrite

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join